By teramoto_pd

teramoto_pd

• GT Developer

Regarding penalty judgements

588 Replies 29,712 Views Created 29-03-2018
29 Mar 2018
By teramoto_pd

Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.

Thank you.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Baliwa27

90%
02 Rank
Progress
Baliwa27
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Weekly Race A in Monza is completely broken. Many players simply drive straight at the Chicanes. In the first (actually second because the first is not driven in the race) chicane is simply driven straight between the two barriers.

wait isn't this week is Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane? So they right on stairght in chicane? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Baliwa27
Accepted Solution

Exactly, it's Monza without the first chicane. That's why I wrote "actually second because the first is not driven in the race". The first chicane (1 variant) is not driven in the race. In the second (variant della roggia) and third (variant ascari) is abbreviated. In Ascari is even driven full throttle through the gravel.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xXDangleXx

21%
02 Rank
Progress
xXDangleXx
Accepted Solution

I see players with 40+sec pen and I’m on a disqualification warning with zero incidents. I have started several  races with it flashing on my screen. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigCaller73

29%
02 Rank
Progress
BigCaller73
Accepted Solution

I had two dq’s today in daily race “b” and “c”.In “c” I had a <2 sec time penalty for about 6-7 laps at Tsukuba and suddenly got a dq notice despite not having another incident.Got one at BH in DR”B” with no time penalty but managed to finish that race but got dq’d next race,despite minimal incidents(in fact I got punted at least three times from behind.)

I was racing with a wheel today although I usually race with a pad.Never had this before and my SR has plummeted.

I sincerely hope it’s a bug and not some new draconian penalty measure.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaneKingV

63%
02 Rank
Progress
JaneKingV
Accepted Solution

OK so i'm following the racing line and some idiot who uses the back of my car as a brake causes me to be penalised and after this happens 3 times I GET DISQUALIFIED ? Sort it out and let me know by email when this is sorted please and i will take part again ,

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
JaneKingV
Accepted Solution

2 weeks ago I stopped playing GT Sport. It makes absolutely no sense to deal with it because it does not work and only frustrates me. I have sometimes trained several hours to get a good start position. And then some idiot rams me off the track in the first round because he does not brake at all. Then I'm the last and still get 5 or 10 seconds penalty and a massive SR deduction while the rammer is not bothered. All the hours of training and effort are in vain. Why train and improve your times when it is much more effective to ram the other riders off the road? This has been going on for a year now and I do not see that this will be changed by the developers. So it must be assumed that this glitches and bugs are so wanted by the developers. But that's not for me and that's why I stopped. Let me know if something should change at some point.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Not so much a penalty issue but leading the long race at Fuji, I pit with 18 second lead, no one had pitted early, I fill up with 6.2 laps of fuel and restart.... with only a 3.2 second lead

where I lost 15 seconds I would love to know

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LocoEnElCoco--

75%
02 Rank
Progress
LocoEnElCoco--
Accepted Solution

THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTELY ***** TRASH! ***** YOU DEVELOPERS!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
LocoEnElCoco--
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the video. It shows exactly why I stopped playing GT Sport. You can train as much and drive clean rounds as you want. Somebody is always in race who deliberately ramms others or makes totally over-motivated mistakes. If these drivers were at least punished then maybe they would change their behavior. But no, not in GT Sport. Here, the victims are punished and the rammer is confirmed in his actions yet. Your video shows a very clear situation. You drove clean and done no mistake or anything dirty. The other driver simply used you as a brake block. But then you also got 5 seconds penalty. Here is absolutely clear who is the perpetrators and who is th victim. Nevertheless, the victim is punished. The game is now one year old and this has never been improved. This behavior seems to be so wanted by the developers. This contradicts everything that makes fair racing. Thus, GT Sport has disqualified itself for all drivers that want fair racing.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pacman330i

62%
02 Rank
Progress
Pacman330i
Accepted Solution

And once again another night ruined because of this stupid disconnection because i hit to much, you are joking right im 3 in the race first corner piled into by the cars behind then i get a warning for hitting to many cars then while im still in the lead again enter another corner the car behind had no intention of using his brakes piled into the back of me an im disconnected , he didnt even get a penalty for his actions, so basicaly your promoting idiotic driving standards to make sales for this game as any idiot can drive with no regard or consequences for there actions in the game serious!!!!  i bout a complete racing simulator for this rubbish i think its time to change console or go back o my pc as this is and has been ruined in my opinion, i know as an individual my opinion dont count, but if your going to make out you making a game with the most realistic of every thing why wont you do the right thing and sort out the dam penalties,  seriously you cant be a good driver when idiots will allways use you for a break as they get away with it, but hey its not as if anyone from the representative companies will read or respond to this or give a monkeys what we say as sales are going good, and the bottom line is all that counts not the quality of the product

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pala83qr

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Pala83qr
Accepted Solution

Worst ever! Now guys are coming like a freaking bullet from behind, no chance to brake in time, hit you in the back and you are the one receiving the god dam penalty! How is that possible? Unbelievable! 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

At the beginning there were punishments for those who rammed from behind. Then there have been more and more drivers in recent months who exploited this and performed unfair brake tests. The developers have reacted and now punish the driver who drives the front. This is of course just as wrong because the unfair drivers are now simply ramming from behind. The fact is, the game has until today no reliable algorithm that recognizes who is responsible for a collision. There are only a few very primitive queries that can easily be tricked. The Developers do not want to or can not develop such an reliable algorithm. That's why they change the rules again and again. The only problem is that the unfair drivers quickly adjust to it and then abuse the new rules again to their advantage.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

NOZonline

• Beta Tester
83%
09 Rank
Progress
NOZonline
Accepted Solution

It seems the system they have will never work!

I personally believe it needs logical human responses to action taken...

Race stewards, a role you or me could select and be part of what makes racing fun, sportsmanship!

Yes there would be the bad eggs 🥚 but a down voting system for said referees were a no vote is worth more than a down vote meaning the good guys who vote or not positively will out way any bad sports.

Only the bad refs will get a bad sportsmanship rating (yes sportsmanship rating would be a part of the role) or why bother right as some may think.

Personaly I would like to help make racing more fun for everyone be it on the circuit on in the tower!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rawcafc

66%
02 Rank
Progress
rawcafc
Accepted Solution

And so the joke of a game continues - first time back in 3 weeks as i have a spare evening. Race the Championship nations cup event over 13 laps of the Fuji circuit and when i see that damage has been put on i think "great this should put an end to the brake testers and rammers"

Qualify in 4th of 20 with the top 4 well clear of the pack, think that this should be a good race until getting shunted going into the first sharp right hander - still round the corner in 4th spot but now the car wont go any quicker than 5th gear. End up limping round the lap and have to pit to repair car.

Proceed to exit and catch pack but as overtaking a slower car to gain position he rams me from the side, result is a much slower car again and have to pit again at the end of lap 2

In all i had to pit 6 times in 13 laps (though i only did 12 laps after being lapped whilst in the pits) to repair damage. Finished the race in 10th spot and was one of only 4 cars to get thru the race without being penalised.

Seriously - when are you going to get this game right?!! Do us all a favour and stop the races until you get it all programmed correctly and then give us a game which we can actually call a racing game!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
rawcafc
Accepted Solution

I do not drive anymore but I read a lot in other forums about Gt Sport. There are probably some drivers who exploit the damage for themselves. They have analyzed what causes what damage and how the respective damage affects the cars. With this knowledge, they inflict damage to other vehicles without losing speed themselves.
You seem to have met such drivers because you lost positions. In the collisions you have almost always suffered much more damage than the rammer. That's probably not a coincidence. If it had been a coincidence then the damage would have been roughly evenly distributed and you both would have lost time repairing. But since you were probably always the one who lost, it was probably no coincidence but intention. This shows that damage alone does not solve the problems of GT Sport. On the contrary, damage only increases the possibility of gaining unfair advantages. The only workable solution can only be a faultless penaty system. It must be a system that has no errors and can not be tricked. In addition, there must be punishment to ensure that unfairness is not worthwhile. Just like in real racing. Who rams other gets 10 seconds penalty. But they have to be served in the box and not just finished shortly before the finish line. Then these punishments also hurt and then the driver thinks about what to do on the street.
Your message shows me once again that GT Sport still prefers the rammer and penalizes the fair driver. That's too bad. The game itself is so good and something very special. The developers have spent so much effort and so much has been done right. But the unfairness in it destroys everything. They have allowed the unfairness and thereby destroyed this great game. This can be read in all forums.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

So here’s my update after a few weeks away, hoping Polyphony might show some balls and fix a few things to make a fair game, it is a game as a simulation has rules and real racing wouldn’t allow this crap to be allowed therefore this is a crap game

hit 4 times from the rear on the mount panorama daily, dropped to 10th on first lap from 4th. But still finished 2nd yet my SR has gone from B to D in the last race because by being hit from the rear and racking up 9 seconds over the 9 laps.   3 of the hits were from one driver - guess what he’s gone from C to B for hitting me

Only Polyphony and Sony think this ***** is acceptable, it’s absolutely embarrassing that they cannot fix this with a code rewrite.   You can’t complain to anyone, you can’t get your money back for a not fit for purpose multiplayer.

Polyphony #thejokedeveloper #bestconever should be stripped of the franchise as credibility is zero 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

This has been the case for a long time now. It is the rammed penalized with SR deduction and not the rammer. This is the reaction to the many brake tests that have completely destroyed the racees for a while. Now there are fewer braking tests but there is a lot of ramming. There will always be unfair players. This is the same in all games. Therefore, it is the task of the developer to develop mechanisms that allow a fair play. That's exactly what the developers at GT Sport do not do. Why this is so only they can explain us. But they do not want that. In general, their communication is catastrophic, also because there is hardly any communication. They do not even tell us how the rules are right now and why some things are punished and not others. With such a thing it is no wonder that the chaos rules.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
bkog234
Accepted Solution

This Thread is now 27 Pages long, yes 27 Pages..

Created by a Dev of PD no less...

How many entries/Posts has that Dev made in all these 27 Pages...  think you could count that number on one hand and have fingers remaining.

It's a poor show, no wonder people are giving up on the game.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hydrosonic_

87%
03 Rank
Progress
hydrosonic_
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

The last time the Dev logged on opc was in Apr this year 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
hydrosonic_
Accepted Solution

Yeah..  would be nice to hear from them,,,   Even if it was to gives thanks for our Postings..   Some kinda acknowledgement that they are monitoring this Thread..

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hydrosonic_

87%
03 Rank
Progress
hydrosonic_
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

It definitely seems like they are not worried about the poor gameplay in both single person and online modes, I have given gt a break due to this gone back to destiny 2, joined the opc clan and it feels more rewarding 

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel