By teramoto_pd

teramoto_pd

• GT Developer

Regarding penalty judgements

580 Replies 29,101 Views Created 29-03-2018
29 Mar 2018
By teramoto_pd

Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.

Thank you.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

theOldMAN4521

48%
02 Rank
Progress
theOldMAN4521
Accepted Solution

The latest update whereby you are disqualified for being in a collision rather than causing a collision is unfair. To-day I was disqualified when I was rammed from behind twice. I was also rammed in  warm up and this counted in the race where I was allowed  only one collision. 

I  long for the good old days of GT4

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

theOldMAN4521

48%
02 Rank
Progress
theOldMAN4521
Accepted Solution

The penalty system is completely unfair, while racing in Race A to-day a guy ran me off twice, received no penalty and I was expelled from the race. The fun is gone from the game and if I could I would ask for my money back.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kizzywoo

66%
02 Rank
Progress
kizzywoo
Accepted Solution

FIA races have full damage and its starting to work as people are now recognising if they hit someone the chances are they are out of the race as well or have to stop and get a lengthy repair done. should adopt it on the weekly races that would then sort the men out from the boys. and guess what you would rank up quicker too.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
kizzywoo
Accepted Solution

I have already read that. Real damage actually seems to do something. Then the rammers risk suffering damage themselves. Therefore, the developers should activate real damage as soon as possible during the weekly races.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rawcafc

66%
02 Rank
Progress
rawcafc
bkog234
Accepted Solution

lol really? damage seems to be doing nothing - tonights championship cup race was 2 laps on Nurburgring with damage on, you were given 14 minutes qualifying with an additional 10 minutes to complete your actual qualifying lap as no-one managed to complete the 2nd lap in under 14 minutes. Only 13 of 20 people managed a qualifying time and of those that did there was a 3 minute gap between 1st and 13th due to people still thinking that it is a dodgem derby

I was one of the 7 who didnt post a time as i'd been hit twice going round the stadium section. I instantly pitted as the damage to my car meant it wouldnt drive and soon realized i wouldnt even get change to post a time, i started 13th of 20 and was soon up to 8th after people went spinning off in the first 4 or 5 corners. however again being rammed twice meant that it was impossible to even attempt to drive two laps as the car wouldnt go higher than 5th gear so i exited

they still have a long way to go to make this a proper racing game

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

91%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
rawcafc
Accepted Solution

That damage thing is relatively new so some people of course didn't notice by now. It needs time to sink in and adaption to the daily races so people face damage more often and everywhere in the Sport mode of the game.

However, the game still needs a better script to determine who caused a collision. Yes, the ramming does not gain them sploiters so much advantage in the FIA races anymore, but still in the dailies, so they don't change their ways yet. Once the determination of the offender is perfect, harsher penalties can take care off them easily. Until then, damage is seemingly the only thing that works, but sadly only after the fools got their bad outcome from their dodgem derby approaches.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SEISEN-NO-KEIFU

24%
02 Rank
Progress
SEISEN-NO-KEIFU
Accepted Solution

finally they took on those who are driving around with there penaltys above their heads. it annoyes me me to see when a driver gets the penalty with such a distance ahead of me  still got that first second or 3rd place while they shouldnt finish that position

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

skells22

• Beta Tester
96%
06 Rank
Progress
skells22
Accepted Solution

If you go to the FIA races in GT Sport we have our 1st penalty lines. The main straghit in Fuji GT and after the chicane in Dragon Trails Gardens for the yellow boxes with the arrows going down

0 Kudos

PSN = skells22

XBL = breezyskells2

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Along with the new Time Penalty System being introduced into the FIA events, an additional documented change for November's update.

"8. Sport Mode & Lobby
 - The Shortcut Penalties judgement algorithm has been updated:
  ・Shortcut Penalties were originally judged immediately as soon as the car returned to the track. The judgement will now be performed a short time after the car returned to the track;
  ・Hereon, a Shortcut Penalty will not be applied if the car returns to the track in an unstable state after a shortcut, or when the driver intentionally decelerates after returning to the track."

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/news/00_1045938.html

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Joery61081

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Joery61081
Accepted Solution

When I Just raced interlagos I got bumper and pushed off te track several times by 2 or 3 players and they got a penalty of 1 second. Then the car in front of me made a mistake ran of the track, exactly the same lap, same corner I did the same. We did not touch or have any advantage when Leaving the track. Hè did not get a penalty and I got 3.5 seconds , why??? The other cars hitting me almost got nothing and I got 3.5 seconds penalty!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XBassman_K

40%
02 Rank
Progress
XBassman_K
Accepted Solution

Same here ! Got rammed (people dive-bombing on me) twice severely in FIA Nation race at Interlagos and i got unfair penalties (2 and then 4 sec), I was driving a proper racing line and did not brake too early, then eventually got punted from behind in the last corner before Interlagos long straight that threw me out of the track far into the gravel. Finished 11 but I was 4th in that race before this happened. When i received that last punt I got a warning saying that at the next collision i'd be disqualified !!!! Whaaaaat ???!!! Now how unfair can that be ? And icing on the cake: went all the way from S down to B in the SR rating !!!

But it doesn't stop here. Next race at Catalunya for the other FIA race, had a decent qualifying lap and I could manage 5th spot on the grid. Race started, got dive-bombed again at the 1st corner and immediately got that disqualifying warning ! Next corner, rammed again, disqualified !!! Now that is so unfair...

I was so angry i was about to not play this game ever again. Instead I calmed down and did some of the weekly races in order to regain some SR rating, got good results, clean races and victories, DR went up but SR seemed to be stuck @ a maximum of 79 (that is A rating), I even tried to start at the back of the grid to do a slow race behind everyone else to get as much green signs 'SR up' I could get, but my SR rating would not go over 79... Even worse, got 2 small side to side contacts in the last race, immediately got the orange sign 'SR Down', and when the race was over I was down to B again... There really is something wrong with that penalty system and SR rating now, i've been playing since June, my SR rating was S since day 2 on that game. Saw many people complaining about the penalty system, i found it sometimes harsh as well, but nothing like what it is since last update. If they leave it like this i'll sure quit that game forever. Too frustrating.

Please Polyphony do something about this, too many clean drivers get punishment they don't deserve.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

I haven't played for a while but pop back for the odd blitz and it's good to see that Polyphony #thejokedeveloper ignore the waves of protests around the globe and keep churning out crap on crap,  the FIA backing came about because Sony paid lots of money for the name, the FIA being populated by old old dinosaurs would never have played the game just banked the cheque 

At least in destruction derby you knew what you were getting but how polyphony and Sony can justify a game that actively rewards cheating makes me shudder but then polyphony and Sony refuse all press requests to talk about the games faults and the gaming press don't have The balls to push back and say fix this crap because Sony pull the advertising.

This is one of the most hyped games ever and one of the most disappointing 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rawcafc

66%
02 Rank
Progress
rawcafc
Accepted Solution

Well two weeks after talking about damage having no effect in the championship races I return to the game to see what changes have been implemented into the game and the answer is...... absolutely none 

Took part in one race as thought I'd give the new Spanish circuit a try and was surprised to qualify 6th of 20 for race c of daily races and manage to move up to 2nd after first lap after cars nudge each other off track - this now makes me the target and over the next three laps I'm used 4 times to steer round tight corners when other people can't be bothered to use their brake - and as per usual none are punished. At this point for the first time in my life road rage took over and the next two people who tried this I smashed off the circuit. 

When I take to the championship races tomorrow I'm going to change my greeting to "if you ram, brake test or edge me off the track I will smash you off the circuit" and from now on I don't give two hoots about my sportsmanship rating. If you don't play fair with me then you won't finish the race

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kkstricke

22%
02 Rank
Progress
kkstricke
Accepted Solution

Estou recebendo aviso de futura desclassificação antes do início da corrida.  Tenho sido caçado durante as corridas e venho sendo penalizado e desclassificado injustamente por jogadores que jogam o caro de propósito pra cima de mim.  Acho que seria vão de rever esses critérios. 

0 Kudos

Com relação aos julgamentos de penalidade

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel