By teramoto_pd

teramoto_pd

• GT Developer

Regarding penalty judgements

658 Replies 33,512 Views Created 29-03-2018
29 Mar 2018
By teramoto_pd

Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.

Thank you.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Powermarty

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Powermarty
Accepted Solution

Complete joke. Got rear ended in Tokyo inner loop at leat 3 times with the other player not slowing down at all and guess who gets the penalty?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CroNicScoNic01

28%
02 Rank
Progress
CroNicScoNic01
Accepted Solution

Regarding Time Penalties in Time Trial Mode.  Penalties have been disabled in Time Trial mode for approximately 6 months now.  It would be awesome if you could fix this.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LilithofDeathPL

42%
02 Rank
Progress
LilithofDeathPL
Accepted Solution

Just great penalty judgements. Dude hit me cuz he didnt brake when i was turning and for game it was my fault. Next one pushed me info the wall and i got 5 seconds penalty and again Lost fair Play points. Rank from A to B cuz someone dont play fair. Really great update.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Obi-Wan-Babu

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Obi-Wan-Babu
LilithofDeathPL
Accepted Solution

Same happened to me this week. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

afcivic

22%
02 Rank
Progress
afcivic
Accepted Solution

I give up trying to run in Tokyo, whenever I get hit from behind, I take penalty, I do not understand these criteria

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rawcafc

68%
02 Rank
Progress
rawcafc
Accepted Solution

First game in 3 weeks as its Round 1 of Season 4 in the championship races so thought would give it a go - with the damage on and penalties being forced while mid race though it would give the fairer racers the edge. Qualified in 6th place on Interlagos but had managed to take the lead by end of second lap. Of course this meant that 3 times people tried nudging me at the first few corners or at the tight hairpin half way round the lap so by end of third lap i received warning to say one more bump and i would be disqualified. Managed to make it to end of lap 5 and pitted without another incident. Rejoined race in 7th place however knew i would get one lap on fresh tires before everyone else pitted at the end of that lap

That was of course until someone who had decided to play rally cars off road decided to rejoin the track by bumping into me and i was instantly kicked out

Do the programmers of this game seriously think this is what motor racing is all about?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rawcafc

68%
02 Rank
Progress
rawcafc
rawcafc
Accepted Solution

Lol - just gone to enter the second championship races and noticed that despite being disqualified for too many "racing incidents" my SR has gone from D to C

Go figure 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rawcafc

68%
02 Rank
Progress
rawcafc
rawcafc
Accepted Solution

Qualified in 8th for 2nd race on the Red Bull circuit however up to 5th when three cars decided to take each other out on the long straight after the first corner on the first lap however when rounding the first tight left after the penalty zone about half way thru the lap was hit from behind forcing me into a spin where two further cars hit me as i was going sideways. Rejoined in 13th but upto 10th by end of lap.

Made it to end of 2nd lap before receiving the warning about disqualification when overtaking a slower car who tried to bump me off when passing then got booted when the same car tried to use me to turn at the first corner

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MokoKurukaze

93%
03 Rank
Progress
MokoKurukaze
rawcafc
Accepted Solution

Nothing to figure, the game is nuts when it comes to DQs. Since Le Mans is one of my fav tracks, I gave the daily one-make a try yesterday. Was DQ'd just after Tertre Rouge for " too many incidents", SR rating still S though....

If I could just figure out whether it's a technical problem or just bad programming. Race started, I started from the back since no qualification time set, two cars already just stop and sit on the grid - up 2 positions, no collision. Then in the first corner I take my car as far as possible to the inside to avoid a contact with the guy in front, get him on the way out so up another position - til this there was no noticable contact, at least on my end of the connection. Still, the warning goes on "Next contact disqualification blabla...." and in Tertre Rouge, the guy I just passed manages to slightly hit my back - didn't even had to correct, but - enough for the game to put the DQ on me.... Worst thing is there is no access to replays etc when this happens so no one can check if the "real" race was actually lagging back and forth hitting every other car randomly or something. This needs to improve if the malfunction is happening due to client sided problems.

Butt it more looks like the devs trying to hide their shortcomings as good as possible a la "no live stream, no proof"....

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CroNicScoNic01

28%
02 Rank
Progress
CroNicScoNic01
Accepted Solution

Can you fix the time penalties in Time Trial mode please.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

So thought after a couple of updates away would see if Polyphony had found some genius and improved the penalty system - no same old *****.

its good to know they think the game is perfect despite forums around the world calling it like this thread.  I thought in the old world Japan honor and pride were big things, through my job I’ve worked with Sony a lot and in those days this would not have been accepted - pride and Honor seem to be in short supply with this developer

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

o___anno___o

91%
04 Rank
Progress
o___anno___o
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

racing-t-gt

95%
03 Rank
Progress
racing-t-gt
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

You aint joking. This is why slightly mad studios are making a new console called mad box with upto yet project cars three as its main game and it mau just be identicle to gt games. When two giant companies think they have there own way people like yourself will join up and make your own consoles and thats when the main stream developers forgot about current games and make new ones lol      i blame the lack of care of conservatives governments as way they treat us, its passed onto others. Way i humar myself, blame the torys for everything, i mean everything lol 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Obi-Wan-Babu

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Obi-Wan-Babu
Accepted Solution

I had two daily race C races today and my SR was destroyed from S to A and lost 20 points because someone crashed me from behind and another one pushed me from the track. Very frustrating. Further more it seems some people found a way to cheat their penalties. I saw driver in front of me ghosting didn't get slower and got rid of the penalty! Very frustrating again. I will not play it any longer until this issue is fixed. I don't want to loose any more SR. Sorry.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Today I drove for the first time in months. After 2 hours of training I started in 5th place. In the first turn, another driver rammed me off the track that simply did not slow down. For this I get 5 seconds time penalty. A round later in the same curve divebombed me another driver. The result is a further 3 seconds penalty. At the end of the race, I lost 19 SR points and dropped from S to A. Nothing has changed. The penalty system is still a catastrophic and unfair driver taking advantage of this even in SR S. This is a complete refusal of work by the developers. They have a horrible system and are reluctantly refusing to improve it. Why should you train and drive clean if the system anyway rewarded only the rammer and dive bomber. What I have bought for a lot of money is just not what I wanted and what I was promised. They finally lost me with that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Steelbash

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Steelbash
Accepted Solution

Then c

an anyone tell me how I went from a C to an E sr getting 7 seconds in penalties in this one race? Only two incidents of mild contact and I slowed for both penalties

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

racing-t-gt

95%
03 Rank
Progress
racing-t-gt
Accepted Solution

Why cant you let us remove followers and block anyone else from clicking follow? These social features are for facebook obsessed morons! I have blocked psn players and they have the freedom to harrash me online and look at my profile, thats violating psn rules from sonys biggest developer. I sincerly thought gt sport would have been fixed now but its not. Sooner mad box console is out and project cars three is released am off. Had it with ps4 and gt sport. We made you as pd 7 billion pounds in profit and you give us no respect. What exactly have you spent OUR MONEY on polyphony digital???

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PROWLA_

60%
02 Rank
Progress
PROWLA_
Accepted Solution

Can we please do something with drivers intentionally braking late on the last corner of the race to spear you off then they get a whole two second penalty and i lose anywhere from 1 to 4 position and they slow up at the finish line and lose there penalty and keep there position, i just raced and this is what happened and so everyone knows the cheat he is his ps4 name is Trail40, i believe last corner penalties should be harsh but im not sure how they work that out

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MK2VR6TJETTA

84%
02 Rank
Progress
MK2VR6TJETTA
Accepted Solution

Sweet I hope these post are actually looked at.

There is a few issues in the otherwise working system. 

Penalties given to cars unable to avoid colission is probably the biggest issue. 

It seems if Im hit by a driver and go off the track or into a wall the persone who did the hit gets a penalty

However if I get hit in the same way

usually mid corner the car on the inside line drifts wide banging the car in the outside lane. 

If Im hit and do not go off track or into a wall I get a penalty for my troubles. 

Its at the point if the inside car ever touches the outside car at no fault of the outside car he is penalized if he doesn't lose control

Its become easy for some to maliciously hit somebody to mess them up then ride some grass or touch a wall to avoid taking the penalty. While the victem is either spun out or has a time penalty. 

This is difficult to deal with because the big thing frowned upon in the games video on driver etiquette is dive bombing a corner where drivers who don't care brake late sliding into the car they want to overtake and manipulate penalty killing. The victem either messed up race by crashing or taking a penalty. 

We also have people who kill penalties in the driving line going into a corner with traffic all around. They know off input is ghost but they also know they just need to tap an input to mess up the guys behind if they go into this ghost in the middle of everybidy going into a corner. 

Either give penalry killing zones at corner exits NEVER corner entry or do away with killing penalties let then add up to the lap time of the offense. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
48%
02 Rank
Progress
OlafTheHairy1986
Accepted Solution

In my opinion it's worse now than ever.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MK2VR6TJETTA

84%
02 Rank
Progress
MK2VR6TJETTA
Accepted Solution

Too easy for dirty drivers to drive dirty stack up SR thrn drive clean a few races to get SR back up

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel