By teramoto_pd

teramoto_pd

• GT Developer

Regarding penalty judgements

636 Replies 33,006 Views Created 29-03-2018
29 Mar 2018
By teramoto_pd

Hi Everyone,

The penalty judgements have been updated in the last update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_4814515.html

- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue.

- Reduction of the additional time penalties applied when a time penalty is ignored.

- Collisions between players with DR A or higher apply a penalty to both players involved, but we will be adding a fault adjustment to this time penalty.

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;

- In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;

- A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;

- No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);

- Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

We apologize for the overly strict penalty judgement this had caused.

The penalty system will continue to be improved, so if you find judgement in certain situations that you do not find justified, it would be great if you could report it on this thread.
It will be easier to evaluate when is a movie attached, so when you make a report please attack a replay movie if you can.
(Please try using limited publication links on Youtube)

The current penalty judgments take into account the following:

- The Penalty Judgement system monitors the on-track conditions for some time after a contact/collision, and determines a penalty after seeing the resulting conditions of the drivers involved after the collision.

Please note that the severity of the penalty judgment differs / increases depending on your DR.

The following improvements to the penalty system is planned for the future:

- Improvements to penalty judgments when network lag is occurring.
- Notification of penalty information for both parties involved in an incident.

Please look forward to further improvements in the future for more precise incident and penalty judgments.

Thank you.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ashber100

88%
02 Rank
Progress
ashber100
Accepted Solution

My son and I have been playing Gt for about a month now after my sone bought himself the Logitech G29 setup. Just tonight we have entered a few races as normal but found we were both getting hit from behind to the point of being pushed from the track and in different races both received warnings ny more collisions and we would be penalised?

my son has just got 3/4 of the way throw a big race after getting hit many times from behind he was disqualified?

my sons races karts and I have reced in real life, something is very wrong tonight?

can anyone clarify?.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

taxusbaccata42

50%
02 Rank
Progress
taxusbaccata42
ashber100
Accepted Solution

Ditto, all day I've been kicked out of races for being hit by other drivers, sometimes from behind. Last week I got disqualified for being hit from behind and pushed into a wall. It does not matter how careful I am avoiding cars in front I get penalised for being crashed into from behind. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
ashber100
Accepted Solution

Nothing is wrong, it's perfectly normal...

People like to Win and don't care how they do it..

The standard of driving is pretty crap to be honest.

I've raced many of these Online Daily Races.

If you are a great deal faster than these people, they won't allow you to pass.. they will simple weave across the track and when you do get along side.. they will side whack you off the track.   Others will brake test, or ram you.. they will do whatever it takes to stay in front..

Whatever you do...  there will be the players that are willing to cheat to Win.

You may be better off racing in Lobbies if you prefer to race with other people.. 

This Forum has a section that promotes Racing Leagues and Social Events..  Just head off to Discussions (top of the Web Page and look for the 'GT Sport' Banner.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ashber100

88%
02 Rank
Progress
ashber100
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Quite right , poor standard of driving! Both myself and my son have and do race on real tracks and this simply doesn’t happen.

ill take a look at the lobby option, may see you an the track?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MK2VR6TJETTA

72%
02 Rank
Progress
MK2VR6TJETTA
Accepted Solution

Daily races are a crap fest

S rank means nothing 

Everybody says "lets have a clean race" then drive wreakless

Its pathetic, sad sad state. Only way to really race clean is to poll and run fast enough they can't hit you but the dive bombers tend to get you one way or a another.

Lobbies with lots of rules and friends all on board.

Problem with dailies is some care about states other don't and many just drive wreakless cuz they have no clue what they are doing its just Saturday night Troll a video game

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
MK2VR6TJETTA
Accepted Solution

I find it hard that the FIA have endorsed this Game really.. 

To play on Multiplayer.. you only have to watch 2 short videos that explain how a Driver should drive...  most people will put these on and go for a cuppa..  or do something else whilst the video is running...  they certainly don't watch them!!

The only good racing is with people you know, but that gets stale quickly as you are racing with the same people over and over..  as much fun as it is..  the real fun is driving with strangers that you don't know their strategies..

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hanchi

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Hanchi
Accepted Solution

Polyphony, 

You guys should really fix this. It messes up the whole game. at least start with the rear ending. it is just ***** that when someone touch you from behind real slow you get a penalty. it should be only the one who touch someone from behind he should get a penalty.  i try really hard to keep my sr rating high but it is just undoable without your dr rating falling down. i was dr c with sr at 99 because i stay at the back. last week i started to upgrade my dr to B but in 4 races my sr went down to 61 only because people hit me from behind.  

sometimes i want to throw my f.c.i.n.g ps4 trough the window because of bad sport players.  it is just ridiculous the way it is now.

PLEASE FIX IT!!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

o___anno___o

91%
04 Rank
Progress
o___anno___o
Accepted Solution

i never done nuthin' and got orange sr down

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

So after 1 race today - the Le Mans daily - I’m back to see if Polyphony have founds some balls and fixed the game, alas yet more *****... pushed off the track by a couple of faster GR1 older cars - I get a penalty or 2, get blocked by a cheating German c*8T - yet more penalties, move off the racing line to force a driver to go long way round into a corner so I VPN defend the exit - ended up with 7 seconds.    

The game is patently unfair, but it’s is what Polyphony have delivered - and there is no sign of them fixing it, why because they can’t - They don’t have the capability so suck it up players - play the polyphony way where aggressive driving is not allowed, where you pull over to let the car behind in front without making it hard..  

i wonder if there ever will be a follow up to this - sales have largely stopped, online player numbers are dropping - I do feel this is one of the biggest con jobs in video game history but Sony not giving a ***** about quality suggests there will be

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lightbearer155

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Lightbearer155
Accepted Solution

Thank you for the breakdown.

I however find that 90% of my penalty points come from other drivers ramming me off the track in corners, where I then lose between 5-8 positions, and they get a mere few seconds penalty and go on to have a good race. The dive bomb strategy. Very annoying.

I feel the simplest way to stop collisions is apply mechanical damage to players who ram into other cars. Like in real life. That way no one will tailgate or ram others off the track and "will be forced" to drive like a decent human beings, not a selfish oafs.

Give it a test run see how it works at least?

Another I noticed in my last 3 races I went up 4 positions in 2 races and 2 positions in the other race yet my ranking went from C to D.

How is that even possible?

Very frustrating and annoying.

Why even want to play if that happens???

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lightbearer155

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Lightbearer155
Accepted Solution

I WILL REPEAT THIS IN CAPS. PEOPLE PLEASE VOTE BY REPLYING. IF THERE IS MECHANICAL DAMAGE "NO ONE " WILL RAM YOU AND WE ALL WILL DRIVE A WHOLE LOT MORE CLEARLY AND CAREFULLY AND TRUE WINNERS WILL WIN.( Even though it's not all about winning but having "real" fun" IE not being rammed by selfish idiots)

MECHANICAL DAMAGE - APPLY IT TO DAILY RACES IT WILL TAKE A FEW RACES BUT EVERYONE WILL GET THE MESSAGE - DONT CRASH INTO OTHER PEOPLE, LIKE REAL LIFE. THAT'S PROPER RACING SIMULATION, LIKE REAL LIFE.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigE2004759

91%
02 Rank
Progress
BigE2004759
Lightbearer155
Accepted Solution

Stop penalizing good racer's, and start penalizing those that bump good racer's off the track or slamming into you instead of using their brakes.  It is so annoying and a waist of time. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigE2004759

91%
02 Rank
Progress
BigE2004759
Accepted Solution

Penalty system worse than ever on GT Sport online racing!!!!!! Two separate races yesterday Sony's server lost connection and bounced me out on the first lap, only to penalize for it, knocked me from an "S" SR to a B and another race which I won with no penalties and and I got knocked to a red "C". I'm pretty sure this is done to keep you on the game racing to build your rating back up but it's going to make me quit all together if it keeps up. Anyone else having this issue?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lightbearer155

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Lightbearer155
BigE2004759
Accepted Solution

Yes I agree with every word. TAKE NOTE SONY, LOYAL CUSTOMERS WILL LEAVE IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, AND STOP RIGGING EVERYTHING IN YOUR FAVOUR. THIS IS A RELATIONSHIP, NO ONE STAYS IN A REALTIONSHIP WITH A SELFISH PARTNER WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT THEIR OWN GOALS AND ABUSES YOU THEIR PARTNER. NO ONE!!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lightbearer155

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Lightbearer155
Accepted Solution

Today i raced 6 Daily races. In the first 2 I was knocked of the track a few times and my SR rating fell from a S to a red B. And the people who knock you of get a Stupid 2 secong penalty while you lose 5 POSITIONS> REE-FRIKKIN-DICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE SONY _ N O T !!!!!!

Then in the next 3 races I raced clean. got 2 penalty points in the first 2 for a corner mistake but touched no other car and the 3rd was 100% clean yet my rating stayed at B. Then I had another clean race___ rating - still at B.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON SONY>

WE ARE NOT HAPPY>

SOMEONE TAKE FRIKKIN NOTE

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE PAYING YOU FOR ---NOT THIS FOR SURE!!!!!

I WANT SOME ANSWERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lightbearer155

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Lightbearer155
Accepted Solution

Oh yeah , I gained between 1 and 7 positions in every race, so that can't be the issue either, also my driver rating, nearly stayed the same after all those position moves. Hardly moved. I should have moved miles!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lightbearer155

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Lightbearer155
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
26%
02 Rank
Progress
norfolkNchance99
Accepted Solution

Personally i'm fed up with rear ending people who don't have the noodles to take it at full throttle through the chicane in race A and getting penalised for it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lightbearer155

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Lightbearer155
norfolkNchance99
Accepted Solution

Well buddy, personally I am fed up with being rear ended by people like you who rear end people like me. In real life if you did that you would be at fault, just as you are in a race.

You are the one who should be aware that you don't know where the person in front of you will brake, and so not drive up their but. Standard driving practice. Standard. It IS your fault, there are no if's or but's or debates possible. That is one of the most fundamental rules of the road.

You knock someone they lose between 5-7 positions while you get a 2-5 second penalty, hardly a fair trade in fact it's pathetic.

I vote for mechanical damage in races so LIKE IN REAL LIFE the person knocking into you suffers mechanical damage, and therefore can't do very much. Then we will see who can actually drive.

I can also fly through the chicane at full throttle but have to brake or re-strategize when someone is in front of me, and so should you bud.

We all need to look for what works for everyone not just ourselves, ie - don't be selfish, or win at all costs.

If this is  a race simulator then we should have mech damage, then the true great drivers who can adapt to ALL situations will emerge.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MK2VR6TJETTA

72%
02 Rank
Progress
MK2VR6TJETTA
norfolkNchance99
Accepted Solution

Your tired of being a poor driver it seems so get better at it. If you can't trail a car through ANY corner without making contact you have no business on a race track.

You are a typical Time Trial driver who doesnt know how to race other cars. I honestly prefer noob drivers mistakes to the pig headed stupidity you guys do like try to run through the chicane flat out with somebody in front if you.

If you want to go flat out in the chicane that's fine, EARN yourself the position to do so. When you get up front no problem. 

The funny thing about these clowns (same guys fashing going into corners as if to say "you're too slow let me by" ) is in their delusional minds they think they are faster because they catch up, more often than not I walk away from them when I get my clear path to do so (by earning it I might add) so I got no problem with you wanting to go flat out there, you just have to be a better driver to get in a position to do so either by getting poll or taking the lead without hitting anybody.... 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

INK-_-SLINGER

68%
02 Rank
Progress
INK-_-SLINGER
Accepted Solution

I just finished a race at dragon trail seaside. Upon slowing down on the straightaway before the chicane,  a car flew past me before i started turning, and he hit the wall at full speed. As i approach the chicane, i recieved a 5 second penalty and my SR went from S to B. No contact and because i was so close to the a-hole who flew full speed into the wall, i get the penalty.  This is B.S. why can't they code in something to ghost dumb asses who are at 120mph at the end of a straightaway like this.

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel