86%
02 Rank
Progress

SO DISAPPOINTED...

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 388 Views edited 24-07-2018
23 Jul 2018
By KanoGiovanni

So I just recently picked up as PS4....JUST SO I COULD PLAY GT Sport and this is what I come to find out...

1. The game only has about 162 cars even available to play vs. GT 4(the very last GT I played before purchasing GT Sport)which apparently had well over 700 cars to choose from and GT 6 which had a whopping 1,197 vehicles to choose from.

2. The vehicle customization also sucks compared to GT 4....the list of wheel options has obviously been cut dramatically.  I'm guessing 1/4 the amount of wheel options vs GT 4.  There's no body kits to upgrade, no window tinting no spoilers to add on and you can't even upgrade racing parts anymore.

3. Last but not least...the Gift Cars.  You don't even get Gift Cars for winning races anymore.   And from what I've read, the cars you get Re already cars you have purchased...

Why would you downgrade a sequel to such a popular video game series...if there was any game that was certainly half!-assed in the making....GT Sport is definitely it!  Why would you downgrade a sequel to such a popular video game series?! 

In retrospect...this game is such a dissappointmet!

0 Kudos
LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

I don’t have the game, so can’t speak from personal experience here,  but I’ve seen a fair bit around to have an idea of what’s going on. 

1. From what I understand, they’re constantly adding more content to the game, including cars. 

2. Again, don’t have it. So can’t comment on that point.

3. A’s above. 

4. (Which wasn’t actually listed as 4, but it might as well be). The game isn’t a sequel to anything. Sport is a new franchise, going in a new direction. It’s not GT 7. 

SO DISAPPOINTED....

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Hello there............................

1. New cars are being added to the game on a fairly consistent basis. All for free. With another 300 or so to be added in the future. The car count was well documented in advance.

2. A fresh batch of new wheel rims can be purchased each week when the Mileage Exchange resets every Tuesday. You can also use those Mileage Points to increase the BHP of a car, and reduce the weight (Yes, it's not the same). On a plus side, you can fully decorate the car with any decals you wish.

3. You get Gift Cars from completing races and objectives in the career mode. Along with hitting the Daily Mileage which are random. So sometimes you may get a car you already have.

The game is what it is. As was advertised. It's a new direction the game is focusing on. Although a number of classic features have returned with free updates each month. With more content and features to be added throughout the games lifespan.

SO DISAPPOINTED....

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

itsnotmyname

86%
05 Rank
Progress
itsnotmyname
Accepted Solution

So, you purchased a console purely to play one game, only to find out it wasn't what you expected?  If only there were means to research a games' content before making a purchase...

SO DISAPPOINTED....

Instagram: LoftyMcBob

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KanoGiovanni

86%
02 Rank
Progress
KanoGiovanni
Accepted Solution

Well, kinda not really....I've been meaning to switch back over to Playstation from my Xbox One but I'm lazy...lol!  Honestly, years ago I had switched over to Xbox one just so I could play the Elder Sccolls games after my PS2 had burnt out.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me then.  I'll keep racin'....it's just so different.

0 Kudos

SO DISAPPOINTED...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

"Last but not least...the Gift Cars. You don't even get Gift Cars for winning races anymore. And from what I've read, the cars you get Re already cars you have purchased..."

Just because a scheme is different doesn't mean that it is worse than what came before because you had used it. What we have is random, but what prize carousel GT3 had was a fixed prize car list.

What we have now is more versatile for the player and, at the same time, encourages the player to play every day. There aren't all that many cars yet, so having a prize car after every race doesn't make much sense.

You can nitpick if you like, but it works as intended, as far as I can tell.

SO DISAPPOINTED...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mr_Tibblez

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Mr_Tibblez
MastrGT