Problem Solved

View Original Post
31 Jul 2018
By krishnatech

krishnatech

84%
02 Rank
Progress

TAKE THE POLL!! Daily races ruined. The majority of players don't want this!!

[ Edited ]
61 Replies 3,329 Views edited 03-08-2018
31 Jul 2018
By krishnatech

Only a minority of players want to play the same 3 races all week long

and most people really don't like the "lobbies"!!

Polyphony, Please realize your mistake and revert back the DAILY races to how it was before.

You are ruining a great game !!!

If you dislike the  new racing system, let your voice be heard on this online poll.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/daily-races-are-now-weekly-races-poll.380438/

Or head over to the GT Sport FB fan page where a similar poll is already created. If possible, vote on both!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GranTurismoSportCommunity/permalink/973708029474128/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For EVERYone on twitter, please try to contact Kaz (from polyphony digital) and refer him this post and/or the poll over on GT planet. (and maybe the poll on FB as well)

https://twitter.com/kaz_yamauchi is his account name.

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PSDazmaniac

• Beta Tester
82%
03 Rank
Progress
PSDazmaniac
Accepted Solution

For me, if they are wanting to only have the 'daily' races changing every week, PD need to increase the number of races available maybe to something like 6 from the current 3.

GTS has all the different car classes so why not make more of them available to race regularly in daily races?

Daily races ruined. The majority of players don't want this!!

PSN = PSDazmaniac

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I've not played much of these Daily races for some time now...  but the News to run these Weekly is not Great...   There has been many days in the past that when I was playing these Dailys that were not drivable for various reasons...   To go one week not driving these will be a killer if you don't like the line up of races on offer.

They have to add a larger selection for a Weekly choice to work...  3 races per week won't cut it.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

PDI did something similar to this in GT5. Maybe someone else remembers the details.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

racing-t-gt

95%
03 Rank
Progress
racing-t-gt
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Weekly races i dont mind but fed up with the sports and comfort tyre races. This week four laps gre nurb gp? Thats imbecility. Its a fia approved game, we need gr cars lol. Weekly turn over is just the same as other racing games, multipile entries, get better, freedom is good. But i just purshased assetto corsa as it has so much more to do offline and i am very luck to have got the top end edition of dirt rally 2 ps4, hardly any left. Game uk have a few left for pre order and you get to play five days before release and the tgt will be registered as as t300 rs and the t3pa pro pedals are compatable. Gt sports a great game but for me, and many others the incompetence of daily races been the same all the time and awlful races have made me buy new games plus competizone is coming to ps4, guaranteed for ps4. They wont be changing settings or handling etc and transmission sound kunois have mastered to 100% perfection. I see Assetto Corsa winning the sim racing title as they have grown massively last few years. Plus they have direct comminications from studio to customers. Thats how developers win, by aknowledging the excistance of customers and having service. As of today 28th january 2019 gt sport is out for me. Suzuka etc appears all the time, same people maintain ratings so n24 should appear just as much :)  today am on gt sport i am just going to mess around in gt league then tomorrow assetto corsa as takes the tgt as a t300 rs :) going to put a sticker over the gt logo lol 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bolkiebasher

64%
02 Rank
Progress
bolkiebasher
Accepted Solution

Hear hear! I always look forward to the daily races hoping for a combination I will enjoy. Why on earth would you move to weekly races? Beyond my comprehension. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

Where's the poll ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

krishnatech

84%
02 Rank
Progress
krishnatech
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

I just added it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
krishnatech
Accepted Solution

Nice one.

Can't vote myself as I don't have FB. Look forward to seeing the results though  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

You know it's only going to go in one direction...

We stamp our feet...   NO WEEKLY RACES

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

flipmode949

86%
03 Rank
Progress
flipmode949
Accepted Solution

Those daily races and the FIA Races where the only long term motivation for this game. Im sorry, but the lobby races just suck. Maybe they are fun with friends but with random people ist just annoying.

In the daily races you have something to rely on. Fixed rules, tires and a penalty system. Everyone hast the same car, track or at least the same class with bop. Because of the dr/sr you get almost everytime challenging, close and fun races.

Everyday it is like beginning new, on an equal level. You can be good, just by investing some hours on one day. No need to drive 24/7 to be competitive. Just do this for the track/car-combination you like and you can be "successful".

I normally dont drive GR1 and only some track with GR2 or GR3. I mostly like GR4 or the random slower cars. So if the daily raceis not to my liking i skip one day. But now i would have to skip one week, to eventually get another interesting combination for me. Thats not good at all.

In addition, why should i drive a track 7 days a week? Thats boring like hell! So even if i like the track/car combination i wont have something to play after 1 or 2 days playing the same track.

If the change the races only onece a week, there should at least be a race for GR1/2/3/4 and a random slower car. Plus maybe some Bonusexperience for doing all races at least once. Its a pain in the ass to get to level 50. When winning a clean race game you only get around 600 XP. So someBonus Xp would be helpful and there would be a goal to achieve and a sense behind racing races and cars you dont actually like if we get a reward for this.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

krishnatech

84%
02 Rank
Progress
krishnatech
Accepted Solution

The most important thing is for people to try and find ways to contact the GT: Sport development team.

The best i've found would be to try and tweet to kaz on twitter as mentioned in the first post in this thread.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mrs_good_wench

59%
02 Rank
Progress
mrs_good_wench
Accepted Solution

Sport mode sucks now. EPIC FAIL. ITS ABOUT FUN NOT PROFITS. SACK DA CEO 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mrs_good_wench

59%
02 Rank
Progress
mrs_good_wench
Accepted Solution

GTsport. -18 weekly races.   You melonheads.   A good way to loose 90% of players.   They forget there are better racing games available. Now.    Let’s all play project cars 2.   Teach m a lesson    Moneygrabbing funpolice.   Epic fail.   Using game disc as cup coaster now. Until u see the light. Losers 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mrs_good_wench

59%
02 Rank
Progress
mrs_good_wench
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheGrolsch

41%
02 Rank
Progress
TheGrolsch
Accepted Solution

I agree entirely with your comment

As its name suggests the Daily race should be set daily as it was previously.

I am bored with the Suzuka circuit already.

I cant see any advantage from the new system.

Why alter something that wasn't broken.

This new format is rubbish.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

I am hardly concerned with the disappearance of the daily races. All the mistakes and false punishments of the penalty system have already made sure that I hardly play GT sports any more. Are we honest, how did the races really go? For me it was like that that I tried to achieve a good qualifying time. In the race I tried to run my race clean, fair and fast. I almost never did it because I was almost always rammed by an overly motivated idiot from the track who thought he could brake 50m later with his car than anyone else. If all those idiots are looking for another racing game in which they can play their daily destruction derby, that's fine with me. I hope that by switching to weekly races only the players who are really interested in fair racing will be left. Then maybe GT Sport could be fun again.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
bkog234
Accepted Solution

That's a good point actually...

Only the hard core player will remain...  perhaps, just perhaps, it might work!!

The trouble I have with many of the Daily races was that most days...  out of the 3 choices, there was nothing appealing, and that's when it was actually Daily.

A Speedway Track..   yup - Carnage.

One-make...  yup - Carnage.

A Track that I didn't fancy racing.

That was a day gone, now it would be a week.

Will it improve the Driving standards by people learning the track over one week period or will people just switch off the game....   time will tell..

Looks like I will remain making Liveries instead of racing..

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

In the daily races were many players who had not even turned a qualifying round. No wonder they did not even know the braking points in the race. But of course they wanted to win the race in the first round and were completely over-motivated. With such a thing you can of course easily imagine what the accidents in the first corners were. Now everyone has the time to learn the course and to have a qualifying time. I hope that will make the many accidents and penalties in the first turns finally less.
I also do not like all the offered routes or vehicle combinations. I just avoid GR4 because the Megane Trophy is totally Op and therefore everyone is driving this car. But that's the way it is. You can not have everything. Rather less but good races than many frustrating destruction derbies.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
bkog234
Accepted Solution

Going on from that...

Every day, you see the Top 10 in practically the same car...

of late.. it's been that Megene, some days it will be the Supra etc etc.

And people complain there is not enough cars in the game, then race the same cars on a daily basis!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

You're right with that. I like to drive with different cars but many always choose the fastest car because they only want a good result in the race. The Megane Trophy is especially bad because he is so fast in the corners and you can brake with her so late. Especially the very late braking is a problem. When I drive with another car I usually have to brake earlier than the Meganes. But this is not taken into account by many drivers and they brake as late as it would be possible in a round alone. As a result, I was constantly rammed from behind by Megane Trophy in the race. The drivers would actually only have to position themselves next to me, could then brake later and overtake me clean with their high cornering speed. But they prefer to keep on the ideal line and brake extremely late. A car that is Op because it's faster on the straight is not that bad. As the drivers can overtake on straight and there are no collisions and therefore no penalties.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel