Problem Solved

View Original Post
31 Jul 2018
By krishnatech

krishnatech

84%
02 Rank
Progress

TAKE THE POLL!! Daily races ruined. The majority of players don't want this!!

[ Edited ]
61 Replies 3,472 Views edited 03-08-2018
31 Jul 2018
By krishnatech

Only a minority of players want to play the same 3 races all week long

and most people really don't like the "lobbies"!!

Polyphony, Please realize your mistake and revert back the DAILY races to how it was before.

You are ruining a great game !!!

If you dislike the  new racing system, let your voice be heard on this online poll.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/daily-races-are-now-weekly-races-poll.380438/

Or head over to the GT Sport FB fan page where a similar poll is already created. If possible, vote on both!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GranTurismoSportCommunity/permalink/973708029474128/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For EVERYone on twitter, please try to contact Kaz (from polyphony digital) and refer him this post and/or the poll over on GT planet. (and maybe the poll on FB as well)

https://twitter.com/kaz_yamauchi is his account name.

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bolkiebasher

64%
02 Rank
Progress
bolkiebasher
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

Good post. I was one of the guys checking the new daily races every day. Love some combinations, hate others. Now that anticipation has disappeared. Actually, I dread if the races for next week won't be to my taste. I don't know why they didn't choose to have some races for a week, and some daily.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
bolkiebasher
Accepted Solution

Not to your taste....   that rings a Bell...

It's crazy really...

One Make races are useless, just a Crash fest..  don't race them.

Oval races are the same..  most players cannot race Ovals correctly...  again ...  I won't touch these.

That would leave me with only 1 race track for the week, and if I don't like the track...  that's a whole week without racing..

of course, none of the above concerns me now,,   I've not touched this GT Mode for months.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
Accepted Solution

I deliberately rode today on the last day of the week to see how the races are doing. In qualifying, I was one of the last since many others have been practicing the whole week and I just did 8 laps today. But the real catastrophe was the race. For that I started from the very back I had a good racing speed. But that did not help me because it was blocked and defended extremely doggedly. Constantly zigzagged and when I was next to another driver I was rammed sideways. Twice I managed to overtake someone but I was immediately rammed in the next lap and overtaken again. I have the feeling that many drivers do not want to give up position they have earned through days of qualifying, even if their actual laps are much slower in the race. Everyone now seems to have the last opportunity to complete the week with a good result and is therefore extremely aggressive on the road. In all the months that I've been driving GT Sport, I have not had such an aggressive block and zigzagging as I experienced today. By two brake tests that were carried out with me in the middle of the straight I got 20 seconds penalty and lost 14 SR points. For me it is clear that one should drive the weekly race only in the first days. Towards the end of the week, the races will only be driven unfairly around doggedly.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
bkog234
Accepted Solution

To be fair...  even when the Daily's did change daily, I'd face Drivers with those tactics anyways...   some people won't allow you to get ahead even if you run faster laps.

I used to start at the back, leave around 30 seconds gap, then floor it...   gaining the Fastest Lap in the race for the achievement stat...   being that quick, I'd catch up with the back runners...  they can clearly see you are quicker but they certainly don't allow you past...  zig zag, rammed or pushed...  they want to stay in front.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Exactly, that's what I mean. I was partly 2 seconds faster and I literally flown in and then they block everywhere. I have no idea how some of them have made their quick qualifying times and then can be so slow in the race. With my 8 practice laps, I had the speed in the race for a good place in the middle field. For me, qualifying time and racing speed are close to each other. For some drivers, however, huge differences seem to exist there. It's useless to block unfairly. Instead, these drivers should rather train so they can also drive their training times approximately in the race. If I get someone much faster from behind, I'll make room. Then I lose no time in a pointless duel and can partially benefit from the slipstream of the faster front man. But that seems to be quite different for some players.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

phewitt21

92%
02 Rank
Progress
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Guys n girls, Polyphony don’t give a crap what the audience think.   They don’t interact, they don’t listen.   I would love to have been in the room when they came up with the weekly races concept.   GT Sport could border on gaming greatness but the developer is a clown who has no idea what good looks like.

but they are not the fools.... we’re the ones putting up with the crap they dish out

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

97%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
phewitt21
Accepted Solution

Responding like that probably won't do much in our favour.

They have taken in quite a few things that the community has asked for so far, and sometimes with a quick turnaround too so it would be a bit off to say that they don't listen. 

Agreed, some bugs and things that have gone unfixed still are quite frustrating, and are hopefully down on the list to be fixed at some point, but it's a bit far fetched to say that they don't care and don't do anything .

I would also agree that extra communication and feedback on why some choices are made, or features intentionally left out would be more than welcome though.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

The time PD get to fix the bugs will no doubt be at the end of this games time, and we will all be buying GT7 or whatever they plan to call it....   Then we start the process over again with new bugs in the next release.

GT Sport has not lived up to the hype, there is still so much that is wrong in the game...   some of it is mostly down to PD letting people drive like they are "The Greatest Driver of all Time" when they have no skill set whatsoever...   letting people drive online after watching 2 videos...  bright idea.

I'm finding myself making Liveries more than driving...   and you guys know how much I used to like driving...  

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

97%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

There's no way to get round people driving badly though. That is their own personal decision, and can also happen at the highest level of real life motorsports. (Vettel Hamilton/Rossi Marquez) they can't stop people from people making their individual choices.

The DR/Sr system does help with this to a point, (I've had many a daily where the races have been great too) but without employing people to watch everysingle race, it is impossible for PD to police properly.

P. S. You should probably come driving again. Next season is up, and no time spent on tuning if the race doesn't go according to plan ;) 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

Yes...   saw the Thread this morning and got excited until I saw the choice of Car..

There is no way I'm driving that Car...   I don't consider it the right Car to drive in this Game..

Everybody is driving this supid car!!

Soz... I'm out of this Season.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

"There's no way to get round people driving badly though."

I would dearly love to see them add in an incremental level of damage to the formula. None for the lowest level, Heavy for the top level.

It's in the game but it hasn't been used. At least try. If it modifies behavior, then great! If it doesn't, then we learn from that, too, but it seems kind of silly to just ignore it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

97%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

The problem is that the people driving like the way the others described is that they don't care about damage either. They'll just jump into the next race straight after.

Played many games with full damage and it really doesn't stop them. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheStill

• Beta Tester
96%
13 Rank
Progress
TheStill
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

That really is the best option. Yes they may take out someone on the first corner but then that's them out. 

They'll then quickly bore of only getting to race for 30 seconds and find another game.

But i can't see the manufacturers allowing damage on their cars. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MastrGT

88%
09 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

My open lobby races always have Heavy damage and Strong penalties. Only a few drop-ins hang around for the racing. Those who are familiar with these settings respect them because they know what the consequences are if they don't.

It works both ways.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

krishnatech

84%
02 Rank
Progress
krishnatech
Accepted Solution

There's two things you can do...

1. You can change your greeting when entering and leaving a race to say "COPYTHISIFUWANTDAILYCHANGEOFTRACKSBACK=)".
Since we don't have a way of contacting Polyphony Digital,

but 95% of the players dislike how we need to race the same 3 tracks for a whole week since august,
this method could catch on quickly and make a difference!

2. Tweet the GT planet poll about how people dislike the new daily races kaz_yamauchi on twitter !
or tweet him to this thread!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

97%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

Sooo, All three weekly races this week are tracks that I REEEAALLY enjoy, but I've been working a lot and will miss this week. I didn't mind so much if I missed this before as a daily, I knew it would come round again fairly soon.

Now I'll probably have to wait ages before it rotates to these tracks again after going through the other locations.

I really don't think this was a clever idea.

I get that PD probably want to push more people to the FIA races by doing this

(a lot of people skipped FIA races before and favoured the daily instead. Now with longer rotation, people will be bored of the weekly and probably more likely to drop into an FIA for a change)

But still.... I'm going to more than likely need to wait an age before this track and car combination comes up again.

Daft

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bkog234

98%
03 Rank
Progress
bkog234
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

The FIA ​​races would not be a good idea for many drivers. These races are longer, have tire wear and gasoline consumption and usually also narrower track limits. That would overwhelm many drivers. Seeing how many accidents and penalties are caused by some drivers in the daily races, the FIA ​​race would be a catastrophe for all of us. Even if you drive yourself well such drivers can destroy the whole race. Imagine you were in the race surrounded by such drivers. Have fun avoiding accidents and penalties.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

97%
08 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
bkog234
Accepted Solution

This is exactly the reason why some people stuck to the daily races anyway. The fia races were even worse to start with as people were more desperate to get decent results. It was like a free for all, so people just went with whatever daily was on that day instead. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rouxfamilia

44%
02 Rank
Progress
rouxfamilia
Accepted Solution

Keep the races weekly.  It gives real drivers time to work out the best lines for each corner and times improve throughout the week with great rivalries.  Plus you get time to try all the cars in your garage.

The weekly races are great.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

racing-t-gt

95%
03 Rank
Progress
racing-t-gt
Accepted Solution

Not everyday but race a changes once every three days, race b every four days and race c changes into endurance and lasts a week. Then n24 gr3 can be more laps and actually simulate the real mental strain of n24 instead of a measley two laps and ban sport and comfort tire races, gr4 gr3 gr2 one week then week after  gr3 gr2 gr1  week aftee  grx gr4 gr3 etc    

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel