View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
20 Nov 2013
By The_Timesplitter
30%
02 Rank
Progress

Can't sign into PSN. (Incorrect login details)

[ Edited ]
222 Replies 43,666 Views edited 20-11-2013
20 Nov 2013
By The_Timesplitter

So I've been trying for a good hour or so to try and login on my devices (ps3, vita, phone app), and they're all saying my login is incorrect. I'm using my other account to post this btw.

My initial reaction was I've been hacked and someone's changed the details, but if the details were changed would I not have received an e-mail saying so? So then I thought maybe I've been banned but I've neither done anything that is a bannable offense nor is it saying the account is banned when I try to sign in.

I only signed into my ps3 and phone app less than 24 hours ago (and they were connected to my wifi which is secure), do I have no other choice but to call sony support later in the day? I'm assuming no one will answer at this time.

Anxiously waiting a reply.

edit: I can sign into this account fine on my ps3, and I can see no one's logged into my account since I last used it, so I'm not thinking anyone's hacked it. I'm really hoping it's just the network playing up because of the launch of the ps4.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

@cowbanana wrote:
Thank you. That's good enough an answer for me.

Some kind of email sent out to affected accounts would have gone a long way. Leaving people hanging with account issues is NOT nice. Why not post a blog entry telling affected customers that they need to reset passwords. Being met simply with an account that refuses your login is not acceptable. You can do better.

I will certainly pass your feedback up the chain.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Re: Can't sign into PSN. (Incorrect login details)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cognac-vsop

48%
02 Rank
Progress
cognac-vsop
Accepted Solution

Had the same problem! and i was playing fine yesterday,.. man that can't sign in message, nearly gave me a heart attack! i was starting to freak out thinking I got hacked, glad I found this thread! I reset my password and everything is fine now.. that was scary! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PG-Wackiest

64%
02 Rank
Progress
PG-Wackiest
Accepted Solution

Had the same problem, the reset worked fine for me.

Thanks for the information SFZ  but I do echo cowbanana's sentiments!

Glad all is ok though, was worried for a moment.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Han_the_Dragon

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Han_the_Dragon
Accepted Solution
Completely agree.

And I also agree that we should have been notified of this by email.

I for once though it was someone that had hacked my account and right after went to change the password, but I wouldn't be so worried if I knew that this was happening (only got knowledge of this AFTER having found and solved the problem..).
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aaronon

31%
02 Rank
Progress
aaronon
Accepted Solution
I phoned and he said my Date of Birth was incorrect and to send a photo of my drivers license to the playstation support email.

I've sent it twice now since thursday and had no automated 'thanks for your message' so i'm not sure if it's sent. So still no PSN for me all cause Sony decided to randomly delete a whole bunch of passwords for no reason!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

A2GMAN

99%
06 Rank
Progress
A2GMAN
Accepted Solution

@SuperFastZombie wrote:

We monitor PSN account for any irregular activity. If such activity is detected we will sometimes reset passwords.

This was done purely as precautionary measure and there was no specific evidence that any accounts had be compromised.

Only a small number of users were affected by this and as I said this was precautionary so there is nothing specific to worry about.

I cant provide any further details as this would affect out ability to keep you guys safe.

If anyone has any concerns about there PSN account drop me a PM or give PlayStation Support a call.

You should also contact Support if you are unable to reset your password for any reason.

SFZ

As SFZ has explained here about what has happend... so all we can do is just help out and give surgestions about what has happend and if any1 still has a problem then just call Sony Surport line to help them out or SFZ on here.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jldell

27%
02 Rank
Progress
jldell
Accepted Solution
Vita owner here too.. Definitely seems to be a thread...

Anyway, password reset. So everything is fine now. Big thanks to the Mods.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

saudone34

42%
02 Rank
Progress
saudone34
Accepted Solution

i cant reset  my  psn  password  plz help  me my email is (REDACTED) 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Blarty

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Blarty
Accepted Solution

@saudone34 wrote:

i cant reset  my  psn  password  plz help  me my email is -------

Please don't post your email address in a public forum, best thing is to contact sony customer services directly... also see my previous post over the date of birth chosen when you first registered

0 Kudos

SPLITTERS!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rollandrat

73%
09 Rank
Progress
rollandrat
Accepted Solution
If you can't get your date of birth right you'll have to call sony and sort it out over the phone.
0 Kudos

k photo kz2.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

BiosNova

• Beta Tester
89%
07 Rank
Progress
BiosNova
Accepted Solution
I just laugh at the people who didn't have the foresight to remember what DOB they entered.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Golwar

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Golwar
Accepted Solution

BiosNova schrieb:
I just laugh at the people who didn't have the foresight to remember what DOB they entered.

While I had no problems at all, I'm still baffled why someone would consider it necessary (or smart) to post such provoking nonsense. Buy hey, nice for you that can enjoy the troubles of others.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

supersmith2500

92%
02 Rank
Progress
supersmith2500
Accepted Solution

Also contacted Sony support and my DOB is also incorrect. Seriously don't know why. 

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Blarty

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Blarty
Accepted Solution

@supersmith2500 wrote:

Also contacted Sony support and my DOB is also incorrect. Seriously don't know why. 

Any chance you first registered your PSN account before you were 18 and it's a master account?

0 Kudos

SPLITTERS!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

supersmith2500

92%
02 Rank
Progress
supersmith2500
Accepted Solution

Around 2008 or 2009. I verified my proof of ID and DOB to Sony Support via email and still waiting for a reply which it won't be today means I'll have to wait until tommorow just to reset my password. Well, looks like I have to sit around then. = (

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Royston99

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Royston99
Accepted Solution
Got it sorted now.

I emailed Sony support, got an incident code (this was about 8am), I just called now, knowing if I didn't I wouldn't catch someone before the 5pm shut down... Gave incident code, verified my name and PSN ID, and then asked the dreaded DOB question... luckily the woman on the other end helped, she couldn't explicitly tell me the DOB as then that's a security risk to the account, but I used my real day and month, just incorrect year. Got there in the end though lol. 3 minute phone call, or sorted!
0 Kudos

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle, PSVR Day 1, PS4 Pro Day 1 #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

supersmith2500

92%
02 Rank
Progress
supersmith2500
Accepted Solution

@Royston99 wrote:
Got it sorted now.

I emailed Sony support, got an incident code (this was about 8am), I just called now, knowing if I didn't I wouldn't catch someone before the 5pm shut down... Gave incident code, verified my name and PSN ID, and then asked the dreaded DOB question... luckily the woman on the other end helped, she couldn't explicitly tell me the DOB as then that's a security risk to the account, but I used my real day and month, just incorrect year. Got there in the end though lol. 3 minute phone call, or sorted!

Should I give Support a ring again?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Blarty

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Blarty
Accepted Solution

@Royston99 wrote:
Got it sorted now.

Master account and signed up before you were 18 so you didn't need to set up a sub AND a master with credit card info?

0 Kudos

SPLITTERS!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wolpy

45%
02 Rank
Progress
wolpy
Accepted Solution

Its a good thing I found this to put my mind at ease, knowing i wasnt the on;y one, but seeing people say they were able to reset their passwords worried me, Because I was putting my DOB in and it stilll wouldnt work, I was close to calling sony support, let alone making a Whole new PSN! I finally figured out I was using my brothers DOB, so Now I was able to reset my password! Phew!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

supersmith2500

92%
02 Rank
Progress
supersmith2500
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I have to contact Sony Support and they said my DOB is wrong and my surname is changed since 1999. Plus waiting for the reply.

I'll never get my PSN back now. -__-

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

VitalogyPJ

• Award Winner
96%
06 Rank
Progress
VitalogyPJ
Accepted Solution

SuperFastZombie escreveu:

We monitor PSN account for any irregular activity. If such activity is detected we will sometimes reset passwords.

This was done purely as precautionary measure and there was no specific evidence that any accounts had be compromised.

Only a small number of users were affected by this and as I said this was precautionary so there is nothing specific to worry about.

I cant provide any further details as this would affect out ability to keep you guys safe.

If anyone has any concerns about there PSN account drop me a PM or give PlayStation Support a call.

You should also contact Support if you are unable to reset your password for any reason.

SFZ

@SuperFastZombie  Please specify "irregular activity". This sounds very very fishy. Are we facing another attack of psn id's? Well wouldn't be the first and also wouldn't be the first time for sony's to admit and take guilt on it.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel