43%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

PS4 keeps dropping internet connection

26 Replies 69,531 Views Created 19-10-2017
19 Oct 2017
By MajorSprinklez13

Ever since the recent update with PS4 I’ve been experiencing frequent dropping of my internet connection to my PS4. For instance when I get on my list of friends pop up and everything loads in and then 10 minutes later everything goes off, but it still shows I’m online. Then, 5 minutes later everything goes up again and then it does it’s process again. I have a LAN Cable hard wired into my PS4 and I’ve never experienced lag on my PS4 ever since this recent mandatory update. I’ve contacted my internet provider Mediacom and they say nothing is wrong, my parents are saying that everything’s just fine for them and don’t understand why it’s not working for my PS4. I honestly don’t know what to do, I haven’t been able to play at all since the new Software Update without being booted off every 5-10 minutes. 

LABELS: online
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

I doubt it's the update chances are something has changed your end,ISP's never own up to problems caused by themselves unless they have to.

What error codes are you getting when getting kicked offline,have you tried restarting your network equipment ny switching it off for a few minutes and have you considered looking at setting up a DMZ or port forwarding?

Vsit the Fix & Connect online tool if you require help with connectivity issues on your PS4 system.

https://connection.support.playstation.com/#/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

I doubt it's the update chances are something has changed your end,ISP's never own up to problems caused by themselves unless they have to.

What error codes are you getting when getting kicked offline,have you tried restarting your network equipment ny switching it off for a few minutes and have you considered looking at setting up a DMZ or port forwarding?

Vsit the Fix & Connect online tool if you require help with connectivity issues on your PS4 system.

https://connection.support.playstation.com/#/

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PalidenGamer

25%
02 Rank
Progress
PalidenGamer
mont348
Accepted Solution

could u tell me how to reconnect my controller permanently 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Agha416

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Agha416
mont348
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wrecker303720

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Wrecker303720
Accepted Solution

Man ***** this is garbage... I've done both port forwarding and dmz still no solution. That's not my modem is not my internet mine is hardwired in modem right next to the PS4 still drops connection left and right and on the area code that says that the PlayStation network servers has been interrupted this is not solved remove this garbage ass reply and fix the  problem. If it keeps up I will be going back to Xbox and blast ***** all over about how trash the PS4 are smh... 

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BarberStache

26%
02 Rank
Progress
BarberStache
mont348
Accepted Solution
undefined
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

elbowjs

51%
02 Rank
Progress
elbowjs
Wrecker303720
Accepted Solution

Dude shills this spam response on every post about this issue. It never works but he feels better. The worst kind of troll. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

As your account is US, maybe you'd prefer to use NA forums and support at PlayStation NA

This is the EU forum.

You're welcome here of course, but the option is there.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PalidenGamer

25%
02 Rank
Progress
PalidenGamer
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cyba_Cowboy

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Cyba_Cowboy
Accepted Solution

In our house, we have two Launch PlayStation 4s and two Launch PlayStation 4 Pros... All of them do a semi-offline thing where an online game (e.g. The Last of Us: Remastered) will work just fine, but when you go back to the menu, things (e.g. the PlayStation Store, online content below games, etc...) will not load at all, as if there is no Internet connection.

We've had this issue since the start and across multiple addresses/connection types/ISPs (until recently, I was in the army, so we were always moving around).

The best fix?

Run an Internet connection test in settings - it seems to "fix" it immediately every time (you can do this without closing a game too, if need be).

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Beb22fg

81%
02 Rank
Progress
Beb22fg
Accepted Solution

the problem is in the position of the buildin eternet connection in the playstation4pro

to hot. The poor coolin sistem of the connection.a little dust end denn it become crazi.

I have 2 PS4pro with the same problem . End a lot of my frends hawe the same problem.Only with the ps4pro.No error code only mad or poor connection/interruption.

try with a additional cooling sistem.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DrDm5278

21%
02 Rank
Progress
DrDm5278
Accepted Solution

Disable SIP ALG on the router.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

marwan_ahmed909

41%
02 Rank
Progress
marwan_ahmed909
Accepted Solution

Here's the deal i already didnt like the idea that we had to subscribe to PS+ to play online games but sony knew that we liked COD so much that we were prepared to pay to play even though we already bought the game. 

Anywho, i find it ridiculous when I'm subscribed and own the game but keep getting booted off the server after each game i play, i use an Ethernet cable and everytime i test my connection everything is running smoothly but once i play online, i always get the following ERROR message(communication with the PlayStation network servers has been interrupted)  now even though sony tries to make that it's the users fault and that there's something wrong with the users internet connection or provider, i can assure you that this is not the case, so i need an answer from PSN team, company, support whatever i just want to know what is the problem from your end. And why am i not getting the experience I've paid for. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Irongate333

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Irongate333
Accepted Solution

Beb22fg is right. My PS4 has the same wifi connection issues, drops constantly. 

Vaccum the dust out and it will happen less but it’s still just a bad design and poor ethernet card issue.

I ran the vaccum sucking the hot air out of the back of my PS4 as a test and the ethernet connection was stable and got way higher download rates than without the vaccum running. 

Faulty design.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EviL_JmfkP420

25%
02 Rank
Progress
EviL_JmfkP420
Accepted Solution

This has nothing to do with your ISP. I have been having he same problem. I have a hard wired connection to my router which is right next to my ps4. I have bought 8 different routers and not one has fixed the problem. Every other device in my house works just fine, and your seriously gonna say its the isp fault? Naaaaaa man this is Sony all day. Thats why im buolding a P.C. and the. Throwing this piece of trash gaming system away. Sony needs to get their ***** together. This is ridiculous. This thread shouldn't say solved because there is no solution here. Just a shill for Sony trying to pawn off the responsibility of the company who creates the product that doesnt work correctly. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
EviL_JmfkP420
Accepted Solution

There is a solution set up your connection up properly instead of lazy automatic settings. If your other devices connect fine it means absolutely nothing game consoles connect to the internet differently. 

I guess you haven't even tried port forwarding or setting DMZ to improve connection stability? If you had you wouldn't be on here throwing your toys out the pram and ranting.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Caden_Martin3123
EviL_JmfkP420
Accepted Solution

Exactly 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Greece04kid

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Greece04kid
Accepted Solution

Stop being smart 4sses my share play  at home last 5 month magically stops working...I changed 4 boxes upd my speed even bought another ps4 for the hell of it and nothing....I even connected ps4 direct fo a cable modem no router box n still shareplay didnt work....i bring it to my business down the street with way less speeds n their gateway it works flawless and their gateway at my home didnt even work.....I have done port forwarding still nothing dmz static ip nothing...go explain that....

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Greece04kid
Accepted Solution

ISP blocking and throttling it does happen and many ISP's don't admit it. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XxVinylKittenxX

23%
02 Rank
Progress
XxVinylKittenxX
Accepted Solution

hate to tell ya it was the update ive had the same  issue and its annoying and plz dont say its my internet its not i work  on my laptop while playing while watching rocket league  tourneys on my xbox one  that sits next to my ps4 its ps4 not his internet

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

agentmanbob

22%
02 Rank
Progress
agentmanbob
Accepted Solution

My xbox works fine....everything else works fine except the ps4. Its your servers! Even says psn is not available please try again later.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel