43%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

PS4 keeps dropping internet connection

26 Replies 69,541 Views Created 19-10-2017
19 Oct 2017
By MajorSprinklez13

Ever since the recent update with PS4 I’ve been experiencing frequent dropping of my internet connection to my PS4. For instance when I get on my list of friends pop up and everything loads in and then 10 minutes later everything goes off, but it still shows I’m online. Then, 5 minutes later everything goes up again and then it does it’s process again. I have a LAN Cable hard wired into my PS4 and I’ve never experienced lag on my PS4 ever since this recent mandatory update. I’ve contacted my internet provider Mediacom and they say nothing is wrong, my parents are saying that everything’s just fine for them and don’t understand why it’s not working for my PS4. I honestly don’t know what to do, I haven’t been able to play at all since the new Software Update without being booted off every 5-10 minutes. 

LABELS: online
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

I doubt it's the update chances are something has changed your end,ISP's never own up to problems caused by themselves unless they have to.

What error codes are you getting when getting kicked offline,have you tried restarting your network equipment ny switching it off for a few minutes and have you considered looking at setting up a DMZ or port forwarding?

Vsit the Fix & Connect online tool if you require help with connectivity issues on your PS4 system.

https://connection.support.playstation.com/#/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

superflyod1

22%
02 Rank
Progress
superflyod1
Accepted Solution

Just bought a ps4 yesterday and spent 3 hours trying to set it up. To find out that connection error seems to be wide spread. I thought I was doing something not realizing the  connection had dropped. I'm going to hardline it today. If that doesn't work I will pack it up and return it for an xbox.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Contondant1

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Contondant1
Accepted Solution

New system for Xmas. I'm trying to play the division but the internet connection keeps dropping. Wasted 2 fu**ing hours tonight trying to get it to stay on. This internet is absolutely top of the line and the whole house runs off the Wi-Fi just great. Definitely a PS4 problem. NEVER an issue with my ps3 for 8 years!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Langly_420

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Langly_420
Accepted Solution

Idk what is going on with this , I run mine for an hour - 2 everything works great then boom the internet shuts off an won't fire back up on it I have tried hard wiring it , wifi an even connecting to other internet an it won't connect. I shut it off an try it the next day an sometimes it works 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Irongate333

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Irongate333
Accepted Solution

I think we have established by now that it’s bad hardware design. The network card overheats and causes internet to drop. Either pull it apart and install more fans or chuck it in the bin...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cdmize

21%
02 Rank
Progress
cdmize
Accepted Solution

I would like to refute that this issue is "solved".

Infactit is occuring in my home.

When the PS4 begins downloading updates, the entire network stops working completely.

This ONLY occurs when the PS4 in my house is pulling down updates.

It interrupts Streaming devices (Apple TVs)  Phone Connections (Over WiFi), Wired System internet traffic of all typs.

When the PS4 is disconnected from the network for long periods of time, the problem does not happen.  When the PS4 is brought back into the house and reconnected the problem returns.

In addition, this problem began around October/November.  Since then,I have increased my bandwith with my provider,  Purchased my own modem, replaced my wired router, and have updated it to the latest firmware.  The ONLY constant here, is the PS4.

Please explain this.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FIFTY-B707

23%
02 Rank
Progress
FIFTY-B707
Accepted Solution

Every time I turn off my the playstation it disconnects from the Wi-Fi so when I turned the playstation back on I have to go back into network and click on my Wi-Fi and then reconnected because if I just go to reconnect it Walt

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel