Problem Solved

View Original Post
12 Mar 2014
By Neetches

Neetches

22%
02 Rank
Progress

The copyright protection information is invalid (80029513)

[ Edited ]
1 Reply 1,867 Views edited 12-03-2014
12 Mar 2014
By Neetches

Alright, I pre-ordered Dark Souls II on my European account (I have a US PS3 but I don't think that matters) and for all other games I've been able to play on my US account because the content is on my PS3 and not directly to my account, I realize the game isn't out yet so that may be what the problem is but I get this error message when I try to launch it not with the account I bought it with. I have a friend who is currently playing the US copy on his EU account fine though, so I'm hoping it is just a problem with it being out in some regions but not all yet.

Any advice to fix this?

Has there been any policy changes regarding this stuff? Game licenses always used to be console based and not account based.

How would I go about getting a refund assuming this problem isn't fixed on launch?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

solarwind12

94%
04 Rank
Progress
solarwind12
Accepted Solution
Is it out on the euro account yet?, seeing as you ordered it on that one, sure it isn't meant to start till 14th, i had a similar error when i bought RE6 on my UK ac, got it of store midnight, 12GB download i think, then started it up to that error, three times i deleted and redownloaded Before i found out the 100kb 1.01 patch let game instal was reason i couldn't use it, so fourth time i never updated the patch and could play, offline, so may be theres a update for yours?, more likely though you will need to wait till euro release date on 14th, hopefully it should be 1 minute past midnight when it allows it.
also your mate would be able to play US version on any account, as it is officially released there, think you'll be ok.
0 Kudos

Re: The copyright protection information is invalid (80029513)

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel