02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Can't login on PS4 with existing sub-account

18 Replies 24,193 Views Created 19-10-2015
19 Oct 2015
By ElCoyote009

Hi everyone,

I am in dire need of help on this issue. :)

I am a father of 3 and my son (now 14yo) had a PS3.

For the purpose of playing 'by the rules', about a year ago, I created a Master Account on PSN (through the web) and a sub-account for my son.

He used his sub-account on his PS3 and was able to push his GTA-V character to level 240 or so..

His GTAV char is linked to his PSN sub-account and everything was good.

Then he decided he wanted to sell the PS3 and get a PS4, which we did obtain last saturday (We'd buy GTAV for PS4 at a later time). The PS4 is of the 'Destiny' Bundle, which I immediately upgraded to 3.00.

When he tried to log onto the PS4, we got the dreaded message:

"You must ask the holder of the associated master account to help you sign in..

<Note to parent or guardian>

For the sub account holder to sign in to PlayStation Netywork you must accept the Terms of Service / User Agreement"

I tried all of the following things:

- Create a user on the PS4, log the Master Account on it.

- Reinstall the PS4 completely (3.00) and try again with my Master Account.

- Activate the PS4 as the Master Account's primary PS4.

- Create a new Master Account for him and log onto the PS4 (this worked but alas this won't let him get his GTAV progress since it's tied to the PSN id).

None of these tests worked. We got the same message everytime.

He is still unable to login using his PSN nick. I logged into https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to see if there was anywhere to accept the agreement but to no avail.

This is a big issue for us since he expected the transition from PS3 to PS4 would be *much* smoother.

I tried contacting Sony (live chat) support but they most kept asking if I had received an email when I created the Master sub-account. As a matter of fact, since I keep -all- of my e-mails, I still had all of the previous automated e-mails from PSN:

"Please verify your account." from 10/07/2014

and also:

"Please verify your new sub-account." from 10/07/2014.

None of these e-mails appear to have a clickable link to 'accept' the Terms of service.

Does anyone have any idea? Do you have any hints? I have already wasted a few hours on this and I don't mind spending a few more hours but I'd like to talk to someone who 'understands' the issues.. :) :) :)

Thanks for reading,

Vincent

LABELS: Account
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ElCoyote009

51%
02 Rank
Progress
ElCoyote009
Accepted Solution

Hi everyone,

Here is how we solved this issue:

1) I created a new/throw-away sub-account on the PS4 using the existing Master Account.

2) This allowed me to accept some new EULA for the Master Account.

3) Afterwards, this allowed the previously existing sub-accounts to login to the new PS4.

Regards,

Vincent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Eezzy___

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Eezzy___
Accepted Solution

The thing is when you sell your PS3 you should delete everything you have on it, then you should deactivate your account.

I think you forgot to deactivate your account on the PS3 and that's why now you have problems to sign in on your PS4.

(that's what I did when I sold my PS3, I made sure everything was deactivate and deleted before I really sold it).

Try and contact the person you sold your PS3 to and ask him if you can go to his house to login on your account to deactivate it there. then it should normally work.

If that didn't help try and contact Sony for further information.

I am very sorry to hear about your problem.

Eezzy_

0 Kudos

Re: Can't login on PS4 with existing sub-account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ElCoyote009

51%
02 Rank
Progress
ElCoyote009
Accepted Solution

Hi Eezzy,

Yes, that could be the issue. I didn't know about deactivating the account on the PS3 (I wiped the PS3 clean and re-installed the latest firmware).

I solved my issue this way:

1) I used the PS4 to create a new subaccount.

2) During the process of creating the new sub-account, I (master account) had to accept the PSN EULA.

3) after the new subaccount was created, my son was able to login using his existing sub-account.

At any case, he's been gaming happily for a few days now.. :)

Many thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos

Re: Can't login on PS4 with existing sub-account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ElCoyote009

51%
02 Rank
Progress
ElCoyote009
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nerem1

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Nerem1
Accepted Solution

Have the same issue - any luck?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nerem1

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Nerem1
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ElCoyote009

51%
02 Rank
Progress
ElCoyote009
Accepted Solution

Hi everyone,

Here is how we solved this issue:

1) I created a new/throw-away sub-account on the PS4 using the existing Master Account.

2) This allowed me to accept some new EULA for the Master Account.

3) Afterwards, this allowed the previously existing sub-accounts to login to the new PS4.

Regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hagdahl

46%
02 Rank
Progress
hagdahl
Accepted Solution

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as described above.

I have tried all without success.

- Logged out and in again with all accounts on PS4

- Started two old PS3 systems, updated software and logged in w/ master account, accepted terms question on software update

- Log in w/ master account and sub-accounts on PC/wev, no question about terms showed

- Log in w/ master account on https://playmemoriesonline.com and accepted their new terms

- Double checked all mail verifications made

- Moved master account as active between two PS4 systems, the move made it worse on system 1 where sub-accounts used to work. Moving back didn't make it better either.

- All accounts can log in to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com , but no terms to accept there

As a last resort i thought of deleting the sub-account, but since it is activated on one PS4 it's not possible to delete it.

I have not found a solution. Suggestion by ElCoyote009 did not work.

The problem may have started when adding a second PS4, previously I have two PS3 and one PS TV. And a Sony Camera on same account.

This problem is widespread over forums, seems common. But no real solution.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hagdahl

46%
02 Rank
Progress
hagdahl
Accepted Solution

SOLUTION

Reply from support:

"Detta problem uppstår när språkinställningarna på underkontot inte matchar språkinställningarna på huvudkontot. Vänligen gå in på sonyentertainmentnetwork.com och gå till [Konto] > [Kontoinformation] och redigera språket till samma språk som på huvudkontot. "

"This problem appears when the language settings on the sub-account doesn't match the language settings on the master account. Please log in to sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and go to [Account] > [Account details] and edit the language settings to match the language on the master account."

Log in to both accounts separately on the website and double check that you have exactly the same language settings. After this log in with sub-account on Playstation will work.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S_Barasheed

25%
02 Rank
Progress
S_Barasheed
Accepted Solution

After adjusting the language>

everything working fine>

thanks, HAGDAHL

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kometkamerat

46%
02 Rank
Progress
kometkamerat
Accepted Solution

Did not help! Any other suggestions?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

YNWA01

24%
02 Rank
Progress
YNWA01
Accepted Solution

I seem to be suffering with this issue since entering my son's passcode to his user account incorrectly (I was pretty hungover at the time). It booted him off PSN after 3 failed attempts and now refuses to let him rejoin via my Master Account login details (which worked fine before!). Very frustrating. I'd happily start him up on  a fresh account, but it seems no sub-users can now access the PSN, plus he'd be gutted to lose his game data for Overwatch and a couple of other titles.
IMG_3585.JPG
And yes. Our language setting details are the same.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BennyAmbrose8

22%
02 Rank
Progress
BennyAmbrose8
Accepted Solution

I had an account then I don't remember if I deleted. But later I created another one that was in my phone. Then when I went to play wwe 2k17 I checked if I could use Internet and I couldn't so many months later I invented a account and it worked but then it said it was going to tell me something on my phone account but it didn't work because it was so a fake one. So what can I do. I really need internet.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Erutcetihcra

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Erutcetihcra
Accepted Solution

I really have an issue here. So the account I'm using here Is a master account, and I had no problems when the recent terms of service message appeared. But my sub account Is under another master account on a PS3 that I no longer have access to, as well as the person who would know how to recover the email for It not reachable. So I thought, that's okay, now you can just upgrade your sub account to a master account! So I tried that online, and turns out you need to sign in (accept the terms of service on the master account) in order to upgrade It even on the website..... What do I do? Does It work on PS4? I'm so lost, this account has 10 years of history on it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

petro416cloug_

23%
02 Rank
Progress
petro416cloug_
Accepted Solution

I used to have a ps3, now I have a ps4. I only want one play station network account, and am trying to update my old email info that is attached to my ps3 account. However, I keep getting told that there is already a play station
network account linked to my new email address. Does this mean I have two play station network accounts?
One with my old email and now, one with my new email? Or better question, is somebody else using my new

email address for the ps4 and is that why I am unable to change it? I really only want one psn account, but am

unable to proceed with my updated email.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xXKitanaXx_27

23%
02 Rank
Progress
xXKitanaXx_27
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

White_R34

26%
02 Rank
Progress
White_R34
xXKitanaXx_27
Accepted Solution

Hello there I posted a response and I hope it helps, just read the Forum posting.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

White_R34

26%
02 Rank
Progress
White_R34
Accepted Solution

No it just means there's 2 Devices on one account. but not to accounts. I have my old PS3 and My PS4 on my main account and my PSN accounts shows the two devices.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

White_R34

26%
02 Rank
Progress
White_R34
Accepted Solution

ok it looks like many of you can't login for missing Email and password sigs. here's the deal. if your using an older account and don't remember your Emails for those account. (For PS3 console users got to Account Management) -(Account Management - Notification Preference) this will show you the Email that the PS3 account it hosted under. An that will help you with your second accounts. now you will need to look through your rooms, through note books of what ever to find those passcodes. now if you know those passcodes. Then login to those emails and change your PSN passcodes. Ex:(8t7gS9AnisGtRr35)., the longer the better and remember to wright the new pass word down in a place you will not misplace it.

Now once you change your password, go back to your PS3 and PS4 and re-login on your console's  under those accounts. that should fix your logging in on your Console accounts.

Next you should not hack your HDD, if you do so you will get band!!!!! you can't use multiple accounts on your main account. Only one account and Email and Passcode.

I hope this helps...

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel