23%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Where can I make a formal complaint?

40 Replies 9,210 Views Created 11-07-2011
11 Jul 2011
By v_Karmaaa

I'm extremly depressed and angry at the moment.

I have spent roughly £20 in add-ons for the burnot paradise PSN game; little did I know that apon PS plus expiration I would not be able to play the game.
I have called support and asked for some kind of  'Money back' offer or some kind of transfer to my wallet for the money I have spent.

The technician was difficult to understand and told me that there was absouloutley nothing she could do to change it.

Therefore i would like to make a complaint, I believe I wasted my money and I feel outraged at the terrible service i have had with Playstation since i have owned my Ps3.

-Cade 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

McNeilio and I_reaps_I are correct.

It was clearly written that upon the expiration of your PlayStation®Plus all downloadable content (with the exception of game game add-ons, premium themes and premium avatars) will no longer be accessible until you either (a) renew your subscription or (b) purchase the content.

I suggest you read the Sony Online Network Terms of Service Agreement (PSN and Qriocity™). Specifically the section on subscription services (section 10) and PlayStation®Plus (section 10a).

You will find that formally complaining will unlikely achieve the outcome you desire; as like others have said, it is your own fault.

EDIT: Section 16: Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability states that "you may have other legal rights as a consumer which are not affected by these Conditions". Depending on what country you live in and how well you play your cards you may be able to get a refund. The odds will be against you though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Where can I make a formal complaint?

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CheeseMonkey__

80%
02 Rank
Progress
CheeseMonkey__
Accepted Solution

Doesn't it tell you the content expires unless you renew when you download it?

Impatience is a virtue. ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

@v_Karmaaa wrote:

I have spent roughly £20 in add-ons for the burnot paradise PSN game; little did I know that apon PS plus expiration I would not be able to play the game.
I have called support and asked for some kind of  'Money back' offer or some kind of transfer to my wallet for the money I have spent.

The technician was difficult to understand and told me that there was absouloutley nothing she could do to change it.

Therefore i would like to make a complaint, I believe I wasted my money and I feel outraged at the terrible service i have had with Playstation since i have owned my Ps3.

-Cade 

you will just have to either buy the game or buy a subscription to ps+

It's not like sony have ever hidden what you get from ps+ or don't get.

If you had taken the time to read the forums there are plenty of posts detailing what you get from ps+.

This is your mistake not sonys so you will have to bite the bullet & make a choice.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

v_Karmaaa

23%
02 Rank
Progress
v_Karmaaa
Accepted Solution

1. @Muttykins wrote:

you will just have to either buy the game or buy a subscription to ps+

It's not like sony have ever hidden what you get from ps+ or don't get.

If you had taken the time to read the forums there are plenty of posts detailing what you get from ps+.

This is your mistake not sonys so you will have to bite the bullet & make a choice.

Yeah I'm just annoyed that I couldn't get anything for the £20 that i spent on now worthless add-ons.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

Should be able to pick up a cheap used copy somewhere?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

existenz1

94%
05 Rank
Progress
existenz1
Accepted Solution

@v_Karmaaa wrote:

1. Yeah I'm just annoyed that I couldn't get anything for the £20 that i spent on now worthless add-ons.

The add ons are yours for ever. You paid £20 for them . they are yours.

Your issue is that you only purchased the right to the base software on the condition that you were a PS+ subscriber. As you are now not a subscriber you dont have the right to use the base software

This is of course renders your add ons which are all yours useless on their own.

options.

1. live with it

2. pick up burnout paradise used (which can be had very cheaply. eg. £12 free delivery from Amazon)

3. renew PSN+ subscription

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

true_perthling

40%
02 Rank
Progress
true_perthling
Accepted Solution

Muttykins, sounds like you might be able to confirm the answer to my question...

In short: If I re-subscribe now, even though there was a few days lapse of subscription after the free trial expired, will the downloaded content (e.g. Burnout Paradise) become playable to me again?

In long: I signed up to the free PSN Plus offer, and wanted to take up a full subscription. The store wouldn't let me purchase the full subscription, possibly because I was already subscribed (albeit on the free offer). Now the trial period has expired, one of the games plus add-ons I bought are inaccessible, including the Burnout Paradise freebie. The fine print on PSN Plus said that the subscription would automatically renew; it didn't (I presume PSN didn't want a tirade of complaints of people feeling they were duped into a full subscription after taking up the trial).

Thanks! Luke.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

I'm not Muttykins but I'll answer your question anyway.

If you renew your Plus subscription all the content you downloaded will reactivate and you will be able to access it for the length of your new subscription.

As for the automatic renewal, I believe this option is only available for paid Plus members. This meaning that all who received the free Plus subscription will not have the subscription auto renewed upon expiration; preventing the free users from becoming unintentional paid Plus members.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

curtis_mufc

90%
05 Rank
Progress
curtis_mufc
Accepted Solution

I thought it was made clear that you only have access to the free PS+ content while you're a PS+ subscriber. It even says this as you process your basket, before you download anything. Items you pay for at a PS+ discount you obviously still have access to once your subscription expires.

Your only options are to either subscribe to PS+ so you can access the game again, buy the game off the store, or see if you can pick it up in a shop pre-owned.. should be pretty cheap, you might even find the Ultimate Edition.. :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

This post is solely intended to address the OP's question:  "Where can I make a formal complaint?"

Formal complaints should be in writing and sent to the division of Sony Computer Entertainment in your region.

Ensure you address the letter to "Whom it may concern" and clearly specify that you are writing to formally complain.

To locate the address of your regions SCE visit: http://eu.playstation.com/about-us.

This link will redirect you to your regions subsite and display the appropriate information. I have included the addresses of some SCE offices below:

Most parts of Europe:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited

10 Great Marlborough Street

London, W1F 7LP, United Kingdom

Australia:

Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Pty Limited

Level 1, 63-73 Ann Street

Surry Hills, NSW 2010 Australia

New Zealand:

Sony Computer Entertainment New Zealand Limited

Level 1, 2 Nuffield Street

Newmarket, Auckland New Zealand

Please Note: This information was correct at time of posting and is subject to change. Refer to http://eu.playstation.com/about-us for updated information.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
why complain when its your own fault for not understanding how something works before spending more money on it
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CheeseMonkey__

80%
02 Rank
Progress
CheeseMonkey__
Accepted Solution

@McNeilio wrote:
why complain when its your own fault for not understanding how something works before spending more money on it

It's the mentality of people today to complain and expect something free when anything goes wrong, regardless of who is responsible.

Correction to the earlier post: patience is a virtue, just before some smart arse pulls me up on it. ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Akira_Tenshi

83%
04 Rank
Progress
Akira_Tenshi
Accepted Solution

It clearly states that content will become unplayable when subscription ends. I'm afraid you only have yourself to blame.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

I_reaps_I

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
I_reaps_I
Accepted Solution

@v_Karmaaa wrote:

-Cade 

You really should take responsibility for your own actions. The PS plus subscription games tell you the game will expire if you are not subscribed to PS plus when you go to download them. If you spent money on something without reading any of the warnings before downloading or playing then you only really have yourself to blame.

We see too much of this these days, people not wanting to take any personal responsibility for what they do.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

McNeilio and I_reaps_I are correct.

It was clearly written that upon the expiration of your PlayStation®Plus all downloadable content (with the exception of game game add-ons, premium themes and premium avatars) will no longer be accessible until you either (a) renew your subscription or (b) purchase the content.

I suggest you read the Sony Online Network Terms of Service Agreement (PSN and Qriocity™). Specifically the section on subscription services (section 10) and PlayStation®Plus (section 10a).

You will find that formally complaining will unlikely achieve the outcome you desire; as like others have said, it is your own fault.

EDIT: Section 16: Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability states that "you may have other legal rights as a consumer which are not affected by these Conditions". Depending on what country you live in and how well you play your cards you may be able to get a refund. The odds will be against you though.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DufferO8

85%
04 Rank
Progress
DufferO8
Accepted Solution
a used copy can be found for about 15-20
0 Kudos

{imgsrc="http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1373/duffer08dy9.jpg"}

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Skykid360

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Skykid360
Accepted Solution

@DufferO8 wrote:
a used copy can be found for about 15-20

£10 here...i presume you mean Euro's, lol

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030930055035

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ustink

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Ustink
Accepted Solution

Sony....desperite times.......start reading the small print when dealing with SONY, they need your money.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
take your own advice instead of moaning about sony ripping u off with qriocity
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ustink

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Ustink
Accepted Solution

@McNeilio wrote:
take your own advice instead of moaning about sony ripping u off with qriocity

Why waste your time on this post......just nothing better to do with your time...I have an issue with Qriocity as did the original poster, or do you work for Qriocity/Sony and have nothing better to do with you time? get a life.

Loser

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
no i dont work for them but u complained they had ripped u off when infact u failed to read the terms set out in it about auto renew

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel