23%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Where can I make a formal complaint?

40 Replies 9,136 Views Created 11-07-2011
11 Jul 2011
By v_Karmaaa

I'm extremly depressed and angry at the moment.

I have spent roughly £20 in add-ons for the burnot paradise PSN game; little did I know that apon PS plus expiration I would not be able to play the game.
I have called support and asked for some kind of  'Money back' offer or some kind of transfer to my wallet for the money I have spent.

The technician was difficult to understand and told me that there was absouloutley nothing she could do to change it.

Therefore i would like to make a complaint, I believe I wasted my money and I feel outraged at the terrible service i have had with Playstation since i have owned my Ps3.

-Cade 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

McNeilio and I_reaps_I are correct.

It was clearly written that upon the expiration of your PlayStation®Plus all downloadable content (with the exception of game game add-ons, premium themes and premium avatars) will no longer be accessible until you either (a) renew your subscription or (b) purchase the content.

I suggest you read the Sony Online Network Terms of Service Agreement (PSN and Qriocity™). Specifically the section on subscription services (section 10) and PlayStation®Plus (section 10a).

You will find that formally complaining will unlikely achieve the outcome you desire; as like others have said, it is your own fault.

EDIT: Section 16: Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability states that "you may have other legal rights as a consumer which are not affected by these Conditions". Depending on what country you live in and how well you play your cards you may be able to get a refund. The odds will be against you though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Where can I make a formal complaint?

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DufferO8

85%
04 Rank
Progress
DufferO8
Accepted Solution

@Skykid360 wrote:

@DufferO8 wrote:
a used copy can be found for about 15-20

£10 here...i presume you mean Euro's, lol

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030930055035

well these are the european boards arnt they?:smileytongue:

0 Kudos

{imgsrc="http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1373/duffer08dy9.jpg"}

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

H0P5

90%
03 Rank
Progress
H0P5
Accepted Solution
Couldn't you have bought burnout the ultimate edition, which I think comes complete with all additional content for that 20 quid?!
0 Kudos

Capital H, Number 0, Capital P, Number 5

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kinghau

22%
02 Rank
Progress
kinghau
Accepted Solution

I would also like to make a formal complaint, please help!

I recently found a transaction made from my account on the PS network, which i didnt make. i have contacted the support team and they throbbed me off by telling me the transaction will be frozen and will be investigated. they also promised me that they would return a call, but i still ain't heard anything and the money has been taken from my account.

How can playstation not take this seriously when they have had a recent hack!?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

@kinghau

Hello and welcome to the PlayStation® Community.

If you were told by the PlayStation® support team that the transaction was being investigated you should wait at least 7 standard working days before taking further action. If after several days you have not been updated on the progress you should then contact PlayStation® support again. If you are unhappy with their response, you may then proceed to filing a formal complaint.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LittleBigDes

72%
03 Rank
Progress
LittleBigDes
Accepted Solution
Quick question, is the save from the downloaded Burnout Paradise, downloaded off the store work with the retail game disc based game? Visa versa, or will this cause problems when you pick up the disc based game and continue playing? I just ask as I'm aware that people have had problems with other games.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

GoodBytes

• Award Winner
94%
08 Rank
Progress
GoodBytes
Accepted Solution

@LittleBigDes wrote:
Quick question, is the save from the downloaded Burnout Paradise, downloaded off the store work with the retail game disc based game? Visa versa, or will this cause problems when you pick up the disc based game and continue playing? I just ask as I'm aware that people have had problems with other games.

The save game data should work with both the retail disk and downloadable versions of the game without issue.

I take that back. The disc and digital versions are treated as entirely separate games so the save data files will only work with the version it was created with.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
u sure because infamous didnt
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

@McNeilio wrote:
u sure because infamous didnt

True as the one one the Europe PSN store is the same as the US disc version and not the Euro disc version so the saves do not work.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
yeah remember reading the thread and it was due to pal v ntsc but there was a workaround that fixed it im sure

dont know if the same thing will work with burnout
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

chrisandsheva

80%
02 Rank
Progress
chrisandsheva
Accepted Solution

ABOUT SAVES..

Apparently there is a easy way to 'convert' most every digital save into the disc one and vice-versa, alls you need to do is know how to programme computers (lol), no just messin, it is (so i am told) very easy IF you do know, or know someone who knows there way round a pc. basically Every kid in the family or maybe a m8, i hear it's very easily done, Obviously it's no use to me as can just about turn mine off/on, but for others, well the option is 'out there', am sure you will find the info IF you want it.. The thing that bugs me though is Why hasn't ps, or ps-plus got this on offer as a service ?, basically just upload your save, wait a while then redownload a working save, maybe even charge us for each time we used it, as not everyone can use a pc, still, to me that sounds like a good service/moneymaker, ie win, win, so obviously that means it would never happen.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LittleBigDes

72%
03 Rank
Progress
LittleBigDes
Accepted Solution
GoodBytes wrote:
I take that back. The disc and digital versions are treated as entirely separate games so the save data files will only work with the version it was created with.

I thought so. Typical. But I'm not surprised.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheLedge72

36%
02 Rank
Progress
TheLedge72
Accepted Solution

I have sent an email of complaint but received a short stock letter reply which did not answer my questions or leave me at all satisfied.I filled in a customer satisfaction survey and a  Playstation rep rang me because it was so bad. I explained my complaint and he said he would pass it on to Head Office. A few days later he rang back to say HO had declined my complaint.

Is there any further avenue with Playstation if I want to continue my complaint or do I need to contact a third party, and if so who please?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CLOUD1985

91%
04 Rank
Progress
CLOUD1985
Accepted Solution

@v_Karmaaa wrote:

Therefore i would like to make a complaint, I believe I wasted my money and I feel outraged at the terrible service i have had with Playstation since i have owned my Ps3.

-Cade 

Terrible service?

The mistake lies purely at your doorstep, you purchased the content, sony did not force you to buy it and it states when downloading games via ps plus that allowing your ps plus subscription to lapse will render the content unplayable.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BadMan578

25%
02 Rank
Progress
BadMan578
Accepted Solution

I have a complaint to make, on my ps3, i brought a Full Game Upgrade of I Am Alive in the summer deal ETC, it costed £6.49, its 6KB and i download it and then its at 100% complete download and installed and i go to find my game and its not on my PS3!!!!!!!!!! Whats up with this!!!?????

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
StuR328
Accepted Solution

@BadMan578 wrote:

I have a complaint to make, on my ps3, i brought a Full Game Upgrade of I Am Alive in the summer deal ETC, it costed £6.49, its 6KB and i download it and then its at 100% complete download and installed and i go to find my game and its not on my PS3!!!!!!!!!! Whats up with this!!!?????

you need to download the demo / trial version of the game.

This is the full game file.

|¬_¬|™

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BadMan578

25%
02 Rank
Progress
BadMan578
Accepted Solution

ahh ok 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

chrisandsheva

80%
02 Rank
Progress
chrisandsheva
Accepted Solution

oh, i see that i was right, have just posted in your other post, asking IF you downloaded trial first, hope it's all good then.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

badboycw22

27%
02 Rank
Progress
badboycw22
Accepted Solution

I had a problem with my PSVR so I contacted PlayStation support and sent them the unit back to them but on the 22 August 2017 they email me back saying they needed the VR unit as well so I ask them to send a returns label for the VR unit.  Since then I have sent just numerous emails telling them still not received the returns label at the beginning of September they said they would send it thou the post and I am still waiting. Its been over 3 weeks since they said they would send it thou the post and now have not replied to any of my emails.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

badboycw22

27%
02 Rank
Progress
badboycw22
Accepted Solution

In one of their replays they ask me to send them another email address so they could send it to that email the problem was I was getting their replys nothing else been a PlayStation member for years but the way I have been treated starting to have major doubts.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DavidArteaga05

24%
02 Rank
Progress
DavidArteaga05
Accepted Solution

Really terrible costumer service! They really make it so difficult to get a refund back or file a complaint. I know more people have experienced this and can feel my frustration. I was told by my credit card account  that if they investigate and refund me back, my ps4 will be blank and everything will be erased! How can they do this? It should be illegal!!!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel