Aokaado

22%
02 Rank
Progress

GoW3 Won't start

3 Replies 960 Views Created 19-12-2010
19 Dec 2010
By Aokaado

It all started (probably, at least this is when i encountered the problem) after i hit the savepoint after defeating Hades and walking to the portal thingy. I click R1 at the savepoint and it locks up after greying out, so after waiting five minutes i exit the game through the XMB and boot it back up.

Now the game won't start up, the screen is just black and nothing happens, I tried deleting the game data (not the saves) and launch again, now i get to the question of patching to 1.03, if i click yes it says please wait untill the ps3 does 3 beeps and reboots. If i click no the game started once but it won't even do that anymore now.

I tried starting the ps3 in safemode and check filesystem, it said it found it corrupt and fixed it but this had no effect. I can still play Gran Turismo 5 without problem. Harddrive works fine and i can see all the files etc. I deleted the autosave as well and preferense file but no luck

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Aokaado

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Aokaado
Accepted Solution

Took backup of the ps3, formatted and started up, at this point i can patch the game again, but it still won't start with or without the patch installed. If i restore the old system, i can't patch anymore, 3 beeps and reboots, and won't start the game still, black screen, I can still click the PS button and get the ps3 menues. I can patch and play Gt5 fine in both scenarios.

0 Kudos

Re: GoW3 Won't start

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Keldj

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Keldj
Accepted Solution

Did you find a solution to your problem? Because I am also experiencing the exact same thing...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Keldj

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Keldj
Accepted Solution

First what I did was to delete all files from the game (updates + save games). Then I waited a couple of days and then I could start the game again. After starting it again I went to the options menu and turned down all the sound. Then I was able to complete the game with only 2 freezes. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel