87%
03 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Red Dead Redemption 2 CE-34878-0 error

236 Replies 29,825 Views Created 28-10-2018
28 Oct 2018
By VenomousGamer025

I get this error on the loading screen. I purchased the game when it came out and I havent even played it yet due to this error coming up on loading screen. I want to play this game so bad. I initialised the ps4 alot of times also reinstalled the game alot of times, rebuilded the data base and still not working. I can play other games just fine so it is just this game I think. I tried contacting rockstar support but they didn't help and they said contact sony so. Anyone else have this problem?

LABELS: Settings
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
87%
03 Rank
Progress
VenomousGamer025
Accepted Solution

Hey everyone! Just wanna update people that my game is running absoloutly fine after purchasing the PS4 PRO. It looks like the only soloution is buying a new console? Also no spoliers please I hope you guys fix your problems.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFyLYyqSiRs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ShadTheWolf

49%
02 Rank
Progress
ShadTheWolf
Accepted Solution

Turns out it works on my sister's PS4 for some reason, so I bought it off her. Utterly ridiculous, I spent days and days talking to Rockstar support just to hear: "Well it comes from your console, so go talk to Sony" eventually. Awesome. Couldn't even contact Sony as the only way to talk to them is through phone and I cannot do it. I'm very disappointed in Rockstar Games for not even trying to fix the issue beyond troubleshooting, and in Sony for not even having customer support at all.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ScooterMix

80%
02 Rank
Progress
ScooterMix
Accepted Solution

Well it happened again this time at camp when try do mission when jack go missing everytime error. If was my PS4 it have errors of my other games but don’t. So install game again. This is getting stupid rockstar games not aware of this. Not buying rockstar game  at launch anymore.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
87%
03 Rank
Progress
VenomousGamer025
ScooterMix
Accepted Solution

Please no spoilers on the thread, sorry to hear about your problem. Only soloution is to buy a new console :/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
87%
03 Rank
Progress
VenomousGamer025
Accepted Solution

Hey everyone! Just wanna update people that my game is running absoloutly fine after purchasing the PS4 PRO. It looks like the only soloution is buying a new console? Also no spoliers please I hope you guys fix your problems.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFyLYyqSiRs

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vMERKURYv-

95%
02 Rank
Progress
vMERKURYv-
VenomousGamer025
Accepted Solution

That is definitely not true, I had the same problem everyone is having and I haven’t switched disks or consoles and I am now on the epilogue of the game

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cexr

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Cexr
Accepted Solution

another hurt customer here. Sony dont have a quality filter? damn man for me game wont even load

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZKAChris

64%
02 Rank
Progress
ZKAChris
Accepted Solution

It's not a memory issue for me. I bout a ps4 pro when God of War came out. I'm not much of a gamer and only have GOW and spiderman on my ps4. Crash and is completely unplayable. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ThatGuy-_-01

55%
02 Rank
Progress
ThatGuy-_-01
VenomousGamer025
Accepted Solution

dude...this sucks not everyone can afford to buy another ps4 this problem has to be fixed by either rockstar games or playstation themselves 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ThatGuy-_-01

55%
02 Rank
Progress
ThatGuy-_-01
vMERKURYv-
Accepted Solution

how did you fix your game ? plz help i bought this game and now it aint even working.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

philthwheel47

23%
02 Rank
Progress
philthwheel47
Accepted Solution

only happens for me when im playing online. story mode is fine

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gibrail95

27%
02 Rank
Progress
gibrail95
Accepted Solution

To me it only happened in online , i have a ps4 pro ,i change the resolution to 1080p now it seems to work fine and the fan is not so loud anymore. Tell if this works for you guys too.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phyxsius-

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Phyxsius-
VenomousGamer025
Accepted Solution

This is not a solution, as multiple players, including myself, still got this problem and already have PS4 Pro. Mine is only one year old, for example, and it didn't run as much during that time.

It is great that it solved it for you, but a new PS4 Pro is out if the question, especially when, in my case, I never had this error, either for other games, or for RDR2 Story Mode. It is ONLY happening when I am playing the Online BETA.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Phyxsius-
Accepted Solution

If it's only happening with RD2 online it's likely your connection, a wired rather than WiFi connection and setting up a DMZ or forwarding ports should resolve this problem. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phyxsius-

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Phyxsius-
mont348
Accepted Solution

I am using wired connection as I always have done. It is not my connection at fault here.

Edit:

Nat Type Type 2

Message An error has occured in the following application. (Red Dead Redemption 2)

This is what it looks like in my logs. Will update after testing with the miracle second online patch, whenever that might strike.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Phyxsius-
Accepted Solution

NAT 2 doesn't guarantee everything will be fine you may need to look also need to look at setting up a DMZ or forwarding ports. 

I setup a DMZ for a friend of mine to open his in game NAT type from moderate to open in Call of Duty even though his PS4 connection test was reporting NAT type 2,he noticed after doing this it also resolved the CE-34878-0 crash he was experiencing with a few other games such as Just Cause 3 and Uncharted 4.

Just Cause 3 if I had a download running in the background would constantly crash with this error. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phyxsius-

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Phyxsius-
Accepted Solution

At this point, I will not change anything in my Router. My reasoning is as follows: I am not crashing to RDR2 menu with "lost connection 0x0000whatever" the more lucky players are getting. I am crashing to PS4 menu, with blue screen, straight out of the game.

My Internet is solid optic fiber land line, and it never "hiccups". Furthermore, it NEVER crashes in char creator, nor in the prologue to online. I understand your point of view, but NAT 2 should suffice and I shouldn't crash to "desktop" with a one year very slightly used PS4 Pro with unified hardware and software. And not only with this primadonna of a game.

As I mentioned previously in this thread, I rebuilt my console's database and reinstalled the game. I will not do anything more for a Beta, sorry. Just mentioning that having a PS4 Pro isn't a guarantee this error is gone.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MouazButt

56%
02 Rank
Progress
MouazButt
Accepted Solution

Hello everybody, in my case when game launches (story mode and online-beta), in both it freezes & crashed

I have done “Rebuilt Database” “INITIALIZED PS4” twice maybe thrice but still no luck !!!

PS4 System and Red Dead is, (up to date)

The error code I’m getting CE-34878-0

06dwhr8t2j121.png

Please advice?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MouazButt

56%
02 Rank
Progress
MouazButt
VenomousGamer025
Accepted Solution

Hello VenomousGamers025,

Sorry, but I didn't find this is the perfect solution. I'm running PS4 Slim and other games are working fine and smooth except Red Dead Redemption II.

The problem might be in the corruption of saving data or something else

Please advice the best solution

Regards !!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ScooterMix

80%
02 Rank
Progress
ScooterMix
Accepted Solution

So you think  I’m lairing because I waste my time restalling it without internet and do update with internet and I still get error on chapter 3 when I’m on mission jack go missing. I did everything to my consle and not my consle because my other games work with no error. I am about ring that stupid company see going find a fix . So I am not liaring about my problem. Plus this game should got delayed fix everything. ROCKSTAR Games Screwed Up Big Time Destroy My Time Playing The Game. I hope people get there’s fix 😡😔

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vMERKURYv-

95%
02 Rank
Progress
vMERKURYv-
ScooterMix
Accepted Solution

I’m not saying your lying about your problems, I’m saying that there is a solution that you are not aware of

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ThatGuy-_-01

55%
02 Rank
Progress
ThatGuy-_-01
vMERKURYv-
Accepted Solution

if there is then its hella hard to find as i have beeeeen looking for a solution...AND  i am still waiting to get it fixed.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel