View Original Post
14 Dec 2015
By Envisager

Envisager

• Beta Tester
95%
10 Rank
Progress

Hardware: Rivals - Q&A, your questions answered!

[ Edited ]
53 Replies 14,528 Views edited 16-12-2015
14 Dec 2015
By Envisager

Dear Hardware fans, you may remember a while ago in this thread, we asked you for your burning questions for the Hardware: Rivals dev team.  You can find their responses below!

Enjoy :Thumbs:

Q: Did you play the first game (HOA) back in 2002 yourselves too? If so, what brought you to bring it back? Was it fun to build it up from scratch again with all the memories from back in the day? - @xxquatroxx1979

A: Yes, not only did a few members of the Rivals dev team play the original title, but some of us also worked on it too. It was awesome to bring it back and even though we have remained pretty true to the original, it was great to be able to give it a fresh coat of paint and get some new features into the game. We weren’t able to do this the first time around.

Q: From which games did you get your inspiration for both HW Rivals and HW Online Arena? - @Choco_ChipChip

A: Hardware: Online Arena was built on the engine of an earlier game called Dropship. Although Dropship was primarily a flight combat game, it included a few driving sections that we really wanted to push a lot further. Around the same time we were playing a lot of online multiplayer PC games during our lunch breaks and when we heard the PlayStation 2 network adapter was coming we jumped at the chance to make a multiplayer driving combat game for PS2!  

Q: 2. Will all HOA maps return? -  @deanos

A: Well, I’m pleased to say we will be including the original Arctic map! This time renamed to Outpost 92. The overall footprint of the map has remained roughly the same but we have set it at night and changed the look of many of the buildings to give each area more visual identity. We’re also looking to include a brand new level special!  

As for the Ruins level in HOA, it largely used a lot of the same architecture and style as the Lost Temple (Mayan) level and we really want each map to look and feel as unique as possible.  As such, we are working on some brand new maps that we can’t wait to get finished and into the mix.  

Q: Will there be more vehicles that are significantly different from the 2 that are available at the moment? -  @Makes87

A: Yes, there will be more vehicles coming.  Soon after launch, we will be adding the Scarab FAV and Barbarian Tank from the original game and while they are not quite finished yet, they are already looking awesome! We will also add extra customisation options on a regular basis for all of the vehicles, allowing you to enter battle in your own unique style.

In gameplay terms, there are a number of upgrades and perks that allow players to customise the strengths and characteristics of their chosen vehicle. This allows for variations in play style while keeping gameplay balanced.

Q: Will the game have more weapon options in the future? - @Mayoubaz2

A: We’ll continue to consider new weapon options for the future. One thing we are looking at for launch is changing the Plasma into a Damage Over Time weapon. This makes the weapon more distinctive from the other lock on weapons and gives players more gameplay options. It also provides more time to react after getting hit. For example, once a player is hit by Plasma, they need to decide whether to break off combat and find some health or tough it out and take down their attacker.

Q: Will it be possible in the future to shoot a jeep with a tank? Cause this was not working in the beta :/ -Atchoum78 

A: Yes, it is possible to shoot an FAV with a tank, but their agility can make them tough to hit, especially when up close. You can always try pushing them around though!

Q: Will the Ranking system be the same as the original (HOA)? - @GremlinNL

A: We are actually looking to implement a feature that builds significantly on the HOA ranking system, which will be included as a post-launch feature update. We will hopefully have more details we can share with you soon!

Q: Will there be a possibility to make a clan and battle other clans? - @dendaudk

A: You will be able to create private matches and arrange clan battles, but there is no full integration of a clan system in the game yet. It is something that we are very keen to include as we really want to support Hardware clans and communities and give them plenty of opportunities to play and compete against each other.

Q: Any chance of bringing back "king of the hill" from the original hardware online arena? -  @xxquatroxx1979

A: Wow that takes me back. Yeah, King of the Hill was great fun and is on a long list of game modes we want to try. We will be adding new game modes after launch so it may see a return in the future. We are currently working on a new Elimination game mode which introduces “last man standing” type gameplay. It’s a team game played in short 2 to 3 minute rounds and is the best of 5 rounds. If you are destroyed, you won’t respawn until the next round but can watch your teammates take the battle on. Once a team eliminates all players on the opposing side they win the round and score a point.

Q: Will there be a theatre/replay mode? - @skells22

A: We really want to make the game as much to fun to watch as it is to play, so we are looking into the possibility of this for a future update. We have added more dynamic cameras for spectating in Elimination mode and we will continue to work on improvements in that area.

Q: When will the game be available? – @MrYasston93

A:January 5th, 2016. Mark your calendars!

Q: Will the game be digital on PlayStation store or physical disk? -  @MegaMax74

A: Hardware: Rivals will be a digital-only title.

Q: Will there be DLC / Map Packs? Will it be free DLC or paid expansions? – @Gamerhai

A: We have a bunch of free content coming after launch, including new maps and game modes.

Q: Will the ranks/stats from the beta be reset or can we keep them? – @Spitfire

A: All of the data from Beta will reset, but it shouldn’t take too long to get back up to speed!

Q: Can we expect Easter Eggs, such as being able to jump off the map like HOA? -  @deanos

A: I know the Art team likes to leave a few surprises in the levels, so if you look carefully you may find something out there. As for getting out of the maps, let’s just say that wasn’t exactly a planned Easter Egg in the original but I do remember it being fun!

LABELS: Hardware Rivals
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Mayoubaz2

• MVP
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Mayoubaz2
Accepted Solution

@Envisager

Thanks a lot 😉

رد: Hardware: Rivals - Q&A, your questions answered!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
66%
02 Rank
Progress
Nerdkiller316PSN
Accepted Solution

ARG! If I had known that you were going to do a Q+A, I would have asked if the final game was going to have a server browser of some sort. Better for long term communities in my mind.

0 Kudos

Re: Hardware: Rivals - Q&A, your questions answered!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Lixmo

• Beta Tester
88%
05 Rank
Progress
Lixmo
Accepted Solution

Good Q&A :Thumbs:

Thanks for that.

0 Kudos

Betreff: Hardware: Rivals - Q&A, your questions answered!

Visit the biggest German PS4 Community
http://www.ps4-magazin.de

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cripshay

77%
02 Rank
Progress
Cripshay
Accepted Solution

Damn, I have one question left :(

Will the SCE Connected Content Group start a new project/game after the launch of Hardware: Rivals or are they going to focus on Hardware: Rivals as a "Service" (like Driveclub) without starting a new project?

Would be nice if they could revive another amazing SCEE IP. 

A new "Colony Wars" (SCEE) game would be nice :) Storymode + Online Dog Fights in Space! 

Would be amazing. There are no "Space Opera" game on consoles anymore. But with the return of Star Wars,

I would've guessed it would be the perfect time to bring this genre back (see Colony Wars, Wing Commander, etc.)

DO IT SCE / SCE Connected Content Group!! :-)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AttackMuskrat

88%
02 Rank
Progress
AttackMuskrat
Accepted Solution

Missed the beta 

So I write what I LOVE about HOA:

Absolutely no perks - just choose your favourite vehicle and chase after the extra weapons you like.

The lobby with its areas for different countries / languages where you can join the matches you want. I don't know why every 'modern' shooter thinks being thrown into some random battle is fun and there's hardly anyone talking.

The possibility to customize the match ( map, restrictions, password etc.)

To vote someone out.

Would be nice if this would be the case with Hardware Rivals, too. The possibility to change weather conditions and  daytime would be nice, too.

I'd be upmost happy about a classic Hardware Online Area mode (without bugs/glitches) though ...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

netnerd

50%
02 Rank
Progress
netnerd
Accepted Solution
I have literally just read about this today, I have to say HOA is one of my all time favourite PS titles, so I am very very excited about Rivals. I so hope it's as great as it's predecessor I still have the same username (netnerd).

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hardware: Rivals Developer

DrNumbers587

• Hardware: Rivals Developer
DrNumbers587
Accepted Solution

You should see a few familiar places!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

spiker7

95%
03 Rank
Progress
spiker7
Accepted Solution

for me is too easy reach Level 25... please add more level... 50, 75, 100 :) with skins, perk..

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JustCryl

67%
02 Rank
Progress
JustCryl
Accepted Solution
Yes is really easy hit lvl 25

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Movimiento2650

97%
02 Rank
Progress
Movimiento2650
Accepted Solution

Plz more levels, way to easy to reach lvl 25.... Tnx for reviving a great game ;-)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

joanmalaga22

27%
02 Rank
Progress
joanmalaga22
Accepted Solution

ok

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SPECIALBREW

92%
03 Rank
Progress
SPECIALBREW
Accepted Solution
Level 25 was too easy. We need the old ranking system back it's too much like cod at moment any one can go up in levels at least with the old system you had to work for your badge. And getting thrown into games no rest and chill period either. it's straight into the next match same again like cod. Hoa wasn't just a game on ps2 it was also a social community there's none of that on rivals. Don't get me wrong I love the game, just think some of the things that have been took out of the old game should come back. Would like to see more clan based stuff as well, as again hoa was very clan based.
0 Kudos

brews sig coloured txt

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Bro_Tirael4ik

• Award Winner
94%
13 Rank
Progress
Bro_Tirael4ik
Accepted Solution
Hi. My question is - where is in Your game nextgen graphics? 2016 year, nextgen console ps4

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bomnif

26%
02 Rank
Progress
bomnif
Bro_Tirael4ik
Accepted Solution

هلا

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MaInTeNaNcE_MaN

71%
02 Rank
Progress
MaInTeNaNcE_MaN
Accepted Solution

Hi

I played HOA back in the day was awesome,and still is awesome in 2016,I would like to know,just like others when is the first dlc,and will it contain the scarab and the  hooligan mbt and ruins map,and will it be free?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tobyloby

88%
03 Rank
Progress
tobyloby
MaInTeNaNcE_MaN
Accepted Solution

It's too similar in design to other maps. So they're not implementing it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MaInTeNaNcE_MaN

71%
02 Rank
Progress
MaInTeNaNcE_MaN
tobyloby
Accepted Solution

Hold on,its one of the original hoa maps,how could they not implement it,and how would you know,show some proof n I'll believe you,and also what about the hog from how both that map n that jeep could be in future content

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ANDRE_JF_MG

33%
02 Rank
Progress
ANDRE_JF_MG
Accepted Solution

Splash damage trophie bug ! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MaInTeNaNcE_MaN

71%
02 Rank
Progress
MaInTeNaNcE_MaN
ANDRE_JF_MG
Accepted Solution

Hi

I just recently got the splash damage trophy,I used the laser and zapped 3 ppl n I got it,I thought it was glitches too,but keep on trying.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

spiker7

95%
03 Rank
Progress
spiker7
Accepted Solution

challange trophy bug!!!! i have beat a lot of challanges!!! but the damnt trophy no pop up.... Please  fix!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel