88%
02 Rank
Progress

Some thoughts about Rivals

6 Replies 506 Views Created 15-04-2017
15 Apr 2017
By AttackMuskrat

Hello,

as a die hard HOA fan I've some lines to write about "Hardware: Rivals".

There was about no information that this game was in the making. So I missed out on the open beta. I learned about it through my HOA friends first.:(

Believe me. I wouldn't have missed any note about a HOA successor. So I wrote some angry letters, because I've tried to get contact to the original devs for years and searched whenever I missed the game. :(

I was happy that HOA has been reborn though.

1. Sony messed up multi player at least for PS4. IMO it's just an internet connection for LAN games. No in game communication but the party chat. Party chat limited to 8 players.

2. No lobby system like in HOA.

3. TDM can't work fairly because the players have no choice about when to start the game. There's no problem if all players start at the same time.

4. It's not possible to choose game options for a normal game, filter by ranking colour (green, red, violet), lock games by password, wheather conditions (not essential) etc..

5. With other games you can choose whether you want to play ranking games or not.

6. The seasons are a bad joke - e.g. why should I spend any time on the game to be a general for just one month?

7. Fixing long standing bugs.

8. Matchmaking. No possibility to choose the team. Some players misunderstood and tried to insult us for quitting the match early in order to get into the correct team. Friends play together in TDM!

9. Increase matches max to 16 players.

9. Weapon mechanics ....

Most likely I forgot something.

Not reacting on suggestions (we will / we won't) is everything but polite. It's like typing into a black hole.

Happy Easter!

P.S. I'd be very happy about a genuine HOA port without glitches.

LABELS: Hardware Rivals
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Flashzander

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Flashzander
Accepted Solution

I tried to play a few days ago but just got fed up of being kicked from games and joining games with 2 minutes left. Like you say about playing team death matches with your mates and want to be on the same team I can understand, but think what it's like for other players when people quit when the game has just started. We've just waited the best part of 5 mins for every thing to get ready worrying if you have been placed in the match or if your being sent back to the lobby, to finally get into a match from the beginning and then someone quits and the game is spoilt. That's not to say I don't see your point of wanting to play with friends I agree with what your saying. There should be better options and in a perfect world we would be able to choose who's side we are on but the fact is there are not enough players. Now things have been made worse with match options being taken away. At least  when you choose a death match before you knew that you was on your own, now you could be in any sort of match and if your in a team death match it can sometimes be a nightmare with people quitting so teams are left uneven and it just spoils the game. About the ranking system I see a lot of people not liking it but personally it don't bother me, though I don't think they put it to best use. Anyway I hope people don't get put off by all these issues because if more people would start to play maybe the developer's would finally sort some of these issues out.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AttackMuskrat

88%
02 Rank
Progress
AttackMuskrat
Accepted Solution

My suggestion:

Instead of showing an animation why not show number and/or names of the players waiting for the match currently, connection status and so on?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AttackMuskrat

88%
02 Rank
Progress
AttackMuskrat
AttackMuskrat
Accepted Solution

For a fair TDM HOA style it's essential, that the teams start at the same point of time. For the seasons' rankings I'd recommend to separate them from the HOA ranking. Resetting the HOA ranking every month is simply demotivating. I don't recall doing duels in HOA. I've never attended the two championships nor played for the seasons' rankings, spent any salvage points and switched skins once(?).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Flashzander

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Flashzander
AttackMuskrat
Accepted Solution

I think if you were told you have 5 mins to wait and knew you would be on even teams I think most people would be happy with that. People won't mind waiting knowing they will have a fair and decent game. What's the point in being thrown in for 2 mins with no chance of winning

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
93%
04 Rank
Progress
Dragon_xx_Knight
Flashzander
Accepted Solution

There will never be even teams until lobby room is released in HWR.

"Even" in the sense of skills, I don't care about even teams if all in opposite team are all good players while I only have noobs on my team, the noobs will leave the match any way as we get beaten hard and good.

The only way to make even and fair matches are through lobby rooms, if owner of the room can move players from one team to the opposite, then we will have fair and even teams.

That's how HOA functioned in the past, I also miss the "vote out" function, 3 votes and you're kicked from a match.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AttackMuskrat

88%
02 Rank
Progress
AttackMuskrat
Dragon_xx_Knight
Accepted Solution

Yes - a lobby room would be nice, but I doubt there will be one if not Rival's devs' implement it themselves. PS4's multi player is IMO nothing more than a stripped down EA multi player.

I get the impression that fans of the original game asked Sony to do a PS4 port and that Sony themselves are barely supporting the game. I mean - even a long time HOA fan like me missed the beta ...  :(

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel