23%
02 Rank
Progress

Freezing issues still exist, even after Move patch

12 Replies 2,412 Views Created 25-09-2010
24 Sep 2010
By p-b_NZ

Hi.

I first played this game when it was released however, the freezing issues made the game unplayable.

I thought I'd purchase it again now that the Move patch is out and I am still experiencing freezing issues.

I get to the Park scene and as it starts, the sound cuts out, then eventually the whole system freezes.

This is poor, I would have though all the patches since first release would have fixed this. This is the only game that I have experienced this issue with.

I'm currently in the process delete all game data and save game info so I can try installing everything from scratch, but I am pessimistic.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
I can't say I've ever had Heavy Rain freeze on me, either before the update or after, and on both my old 60GB launch model (which died) or the 120GB slim I bought in replacement. I did experience some audio drop-out near the end of the game, but it was minor.
0 Kudos

Re: Freezing issues still exist, even after Move patch

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marc101

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Marc101
Accepted Solution
Make sure you check your discs for scratches and dirt, as that could be causing freezes in certain places.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

T_Lindemann

86%
02 Rank
Progress
T_Lindemann
Accepted Solution

I too have played this game before and it was good , but it seems after i downloaded the move update , it's all gone to custard , for example i'm on the fishtank as norman jayden , when i go upstairs to go to pacos office, the music cuts out after i flash my ID to the bouncer up there and also there is no door handle on the door to open it??? the game needs you to go in there to investigate, also i know you can get in there because i've been in there ages ago. what gives?  anyone else experiences strange occurances like this? I have looked at and cleaned the disc it's fine , I've rebooted ps3 etc , reloaded the game and still same thing ,so at the moment the game is over for me i can't continue.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BeebarbX

37%
02 Rank
Progress
BeebarbX
Accepted Solution
I have had freezing issues after applying the Move Patch for the original version game disc. Not once did I have a freezing issue before the patch, which I believe took the application version to 2.00. The only freezing issue I have encountered is the first level, it either freezes at the load screen, the multiple-angle stills animation, or just as you move the controller to get Ethan Mars up from the bed. My workaround for the issue is to play through the first level in wireless controller mode, and switch to motion controller mode for later levels. If there are freezing issues with other levels related specifically to the use of motion controller mode, my recommendation would be for people to take note of affected levels so other players can use the workaround to play these levels. I know it's a pain, as we applied the Move Patch or got the Move Edition disc to play with the motion controller, but if there is a bug that causes an issue as serious as this it can't be helped until it is patched. Hopefully this helps those who have had these issues. I just hope that a patch for this problem is released in a timely manner. And another note, those who already have the original edition of Heavy Rain, you do not need to buy the move edition, it is a free downloadable update. Just make sure your PS3 is connected to the internet and you are signed in to PSN then try starting the game with the disc, the system should tell you that there is an update and it has to quit heavy rain, confirm the update and it should download. The disc version of the move edition is for new players.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
I had no freezes at all at the beginning of the game playing with the Move, so I guess not everybody is affected.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kenmooda

42%
02 Rank
Progress
kenmooda
Accepted Solution

I bought the move edition yesterday, played the game on PS3 slim about half an hour and then a glitch hit me after the prologue. I had no interaction options and no way to go forward. I exited the game and then launched again. While booting, the game suddenly popped a screen telling that I should reconnect the camera. I did not have the camera connected so the error message was a bit confusing. I tried to go forward and hit X to continue, but nothing happened. I decided to turn off and on PS3 and then retried. Now the game started fine and I continued the game. After 1 minute, the display freezed, but the hard drive kept spinning. PS3 did not respond to any key press on the wireless controller, not even the PS button. After couple of minutes of waiting, the activity led seemed quite enough and I ejected the game disc. After few seconds PS3 beeped few times and rebooted. I removed all the Heavy Rain files (~6 gigs) and then tried to reinstall the game. The attempt failed immediately due to error code 8001002B, which seems to indicate either a dirty disc or a broken laser. The disc was spotless, so maybe it is the laser then? Next I went to sleep and today I retried reinstall. And guess what? No problems, the game installed nicely and started without complaints. But, after a minute, the game freezed again. I waited few minutes, eject the disc and tried another games (Mirror's Edge and Pacific Rift). The other games worked just fine without any problems. Is it Heavy Rain that sucks or is my 1 year old PS3 going to break?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hypnotoad8128

88%
02 Rank
Progress
hypnotoad8128
Accepted Solution

I've never, EVER experience the issues that people are mentioning here.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ashishkumar2884

27%
02 Rank
Progress
ashishkumar2884
Accepted Solution

I rented the game, and downloaded the move patch.  However, I am stuck at "kramer's party".  As the other guys are mentioning, the screen goes black and the system freezes. I uninstalled data utility and installed again, no luck.  I played from the begining after deleting save game data, still got stuck at the same point. I removed the patch and tried to load the game, but still stuck.  What should I do?  I was really loving the game, and hate to stop in the middle.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
I too can report my copy ran fine without a hitch.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dessy

90%
05 Rank
Progress
dessy
Accepted Solution
Yeah I had 2 freezes on my 1st play through. Very annoying but certainly weren't 'deal breakers' by any measure.
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GIZZYGRINCH

23%
02 Rank
Progress
GIZZYGRINCH
Accepted Solution
my sound goes off then it freezes the entire system ease help
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nomembrane

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Nomembrane
Accepted Solution

Hi there GRIZZYGRINCH,

Sorry to hear that your Heavy Rain is not working correctly?

Is this the only game providing this issue for you?

One thing to try would be deleting the game and re-installing it.

Navigate to:

Game Menu, select Game Data Utility; locate your Heavy Rain content; press triangle and select delete.

From here you will need to re-insert the disc to update the data on the console.

Let us know how you go.

Nomembrane

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel