Qawls

60%
02 Rank
Progress

Heavy Rain: Worth buying?

16 Replies 3,052 Views Created 05-07-2010
05 Jul 2010
By Qawls

I've been on the verge of buying this game numerous times. It just looks so tempting, and really hands-on, but on the contrary it has been discredited across the internet.

Can someone give me a clue of what to expect before I potentially waste $70?

I'll give this game a go if I just get that little extra push from a fan of Heavy Rain. Hiring the game is out of the question as I owe a large sum of cash to the 2 video stores I am currently signed up with. Haha, I'm not a very responsible person.

Looking forward to the feedback. :Help:

Qawls out!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
do you like and appreciate great thrillers on film? or noir at all? or even just great storytelling? If yeah then grab it immediately. It's an opportunity to actually have an active hand in something like that for once. It's above and beyond what else is going on in gaming right now. The internet is filled with people who feel the need to put down something which dares to actually get respect in an industry which isn't getting it from the rest of the nongaming population, let alone from gamers themselves and try and achieve something meaningful in a tide of superficial product. Heavy Rain was actually talked about in nongaming circles, VERY favourably.

This is not for the 14 yr old twitch gaming crowd. It's for the mature and interested in something more thought provoking and that will NOT spoonfeed you what your supposed to think or take from it.

On the other than hand, if you just want to kill things, it's probably not for you.
0 Kudos

Re: Heavy Rain: Worth buying?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Qawls

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Qawls
Accepted Solution

Thanks a lot for the reply, I needed a straight-forward answer and I got one.

I've been looking for an immersing such as the one you described. Sounds interesting and different is always good! I'm a bit tired of most of my friends sticking to just COD and COD alone, so maybe if I talk them into buying Heavy Rain, and they talk their other friends into buying the game, and other fans do the the same, a new genre of game may emerge, hopefully stray from the typical newly released game. Don't get me wrong there are some fantastic new titles being released at the moment, but change is good I like change.

Besides the fact that I don't even own the game let alone have even played it, the idea of a new genre of game is exiting! Looking forward to picking up a copy, hopefully I'll enjoy it and won't completely contradict what I've just said.

Thank you. :smileywink:

Qawls out! 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
no probs happy to help
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LiveMat

50%
02 Rank
Progress
LiveMat
Accepted Solution

Hey,

I was the same, thinking Do I buy it? Should I? Well.. I did. It's a great game.. for sure however once you finish it which is pretty quick.. well thats it. I would try and borrow it if you can somehow. Will save you money etc.. For example Modern Warfare 2 is totally worth its price as I always play it.. (Multiplayer Online)
Heavy Rain is one of those amazing games.. that you play, finish and forget really then come back to it in 3 months and do it again.

LiveMat :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
we're all different, as it stands it's the only game which I've gone to the effort to platinum, I've enjoyed everybit of it. I will play it again down the track, like a great film u revisit every once and awhile, I completely agree with your sentiments LiveMat. On the otherhand, I won't be talking about Prototype in 5 years time for instance, I will Heavy Rain.
1 Kudo

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LiveMat

50%
02 Rank
Progress
LiveMat
Accepted Solution

I agree about Prototype, one thing I loved about Heavy Rain, its not repetaive, alway something new and different. I only finished it a week or so ago.. but I want to start it again. How do you get Platinum in it? I'm glad I own Heavy Rain and it is one of those games that you talk to people about.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
prolly the biggest and also most enjoyable component of the platinum is seeing all the endings. you also get individual trophies for causing different consequences to individual situations.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LiveMat

50%
02 Rank
Progress
LiveMat
Accepted Solution

Thanks mate, Im gonna go re-play it now :)

What other games you into? Add me if ya want .. LiveMat is my username.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
I've been doing lots of psp, i got persona 3 portable off the us store, and that's seriously been sucking the LIFE out of me lol. it's been awhile since an rpg, much less a jrpg has taken my heart away from me like this. also been on fat princess a bit, been working through valkryia chronicles, picked up dj hero for cheap and being having a lot of fun with bayonnetta aswell. Had the occasional killzone 2 match online aswell. yep ill send u an addy
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LiveMat

50%
02 Rank
Progress
LiveMat
Accepted Solution

Sweet, Im thinking about getting Fat Princess, and also cant wait for DC Universe Online... I usually am on either NBA or Modern Warfare 2.. sometimes 1

We should definitely have a game or two.. or bowling in Playstation HOME :) Been trying to find some people to play online games with on PS3

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Stinkablat

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Stinkablat
Accepted Solution

Qawls,

Def agree with Smokey, different level of game, very immersive.

EB Games has it cheaper when they had their sale on. Saw a DickSmith catalogue this morning which has dropped Heavy Rain to $49.

Not sure where you're situated, but their online store has it for the same price. Check it out...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
Id imagine that heavy rain will get even cheaper come move edition. not like ur losing out either as u will still be able to use move. If there's gonna be bonus features i might consider the new move edition though as I'd love to learn more about the process, it was quite a long time in the making.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

baby19doc

88%
03 Rank
Progress
baby19doc
Accepted Solution

@smokeypsd wrote:
Id imagine that heavy rain will get even cheaper come move edition. not like ur losing out either as u will still be able to use move. If there's gonna be bonus features i might consider the new move edition though as I'd love to learn more about the process, it was quite a long time in the making.

I have wanted this game for ages and i still have not got it :xCry: oh well i may as well wait a little longer and just get the move edition. it will be released soon???? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Futuregamez

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Futuregamez
Accepted Solution

The current Heavy Rain release will be patched to support Move later this year.. Huzzah! (Let's just hope there isn't a cost, or if there is, it's minimal).

0 Kudos

David Warner
Futuregamez.net - Australia's Premiere Playstation Fan Site
http://www.futuregamez.net

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dessy

90%
05 Rank
Progress
dessy
Accepted Solution
Yeah - I'm holding off on another Heavy Rain play through until I can give it a crack with the Move!
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mjolnir_64

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Mjolnir_64
Accepted Solution
Fantastic game, very cinimatic and amazing atmosphere.
0 Kudos

- Mjolnir_64
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel