02 Rank
Progress

Horizon Lag Issues

[ Edited ]
2 Replies 908 Views edited 12-12-2017
12 Dec 2017
By BeardedBrownMan

Hi guys,

I've been having some issues with Horizon: Zero Dawn.

The opening cutscene stuttered really badly, but I managed to get through it, and the gameplay is pretty much perfect. However, whenever cutscenes occur, they are always perfect for the first half, but then during the second half the terrible stuttering occurs again, it's very frustrating and takes away from the experience. I have already tried resinstalling many times, and I also rebuilt the database before installing one of the times. I really have no clue (I'm new to PS4, as you can probably tell haha).

I have an original PS4, and it was second hand, but Fallout 4 worked perfectly, and the Horizon gameplay and half of the cutscenes do too, so I highly doubt it's the console. Does anyone have any idea on what to do? Would buying the digital copy help? I'd rather not as I already have the disc version, but I'm willing to do that if I can play the game without interruption, I just don't want to pay £35 and have it not work properly again!

Cheers!

EDIT: Now I'm stuck on a loading screen and it says 'Copying', with a timer around the 2:13:40 mark.... this is getting ridiculous now.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KillerKing_FBI

20%
02 Rank
Progress
KillerKing_FBI
Accepted Solution

It is an issue known as TFFP or Too Fast For Pixels... This means the cutscenes are moving too quickly for the TV display or PlayStation. I have recently upgraded to a 52’ LG and a PS4 Pro, This has resolved the issues. However I do understand that shelling out juts over £400 is too much for a game. Until Sony releases a fix for this, that is the only option sorry.

0 Kudos

Horizon Lag Issues

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank