10 Rank
Progress

Welcome to LittleBigPlanet Karting!

9 Replies 1,452 Views Created 19-02-2013
19 Feb 2013
By Bearskopff

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Howdy racers!

If you're a fan of putting the pedal to the metal, the sweet scent of burning rubber and grabbing first place after dodging a barrage of deadly missiles, you're in the right place! This is here board is for all you LittleBigPlanet Karting fanatics so be sure to share your tips, tricks and challenges with the ever lovable community!

Don't forget! If you've created something truly incredible, we have a dedicated area just to show it off as well as a handy place to post all your little big wishes for the series!

Promotion Portal

Created something truly impressive! Then shout out about it here!

Idea Exchange

Got a great idea for LittleBigPlanet? Let the community and developers know now!

See you on the starting grid folks!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
46%
02 Rank
Progress
LuLu-la-BoomBoom
Accepted Solution

Let me start off by saying, i absolutely LOVE Little Big Planet...i really do...

however LBP Karting has really disappointed me...

i'm really starting to miss Media Molecule's precision and support for what they put out there...

if UFG does LBP 3, I might not get it...and i have preordered the other 2 LBP games. I wish i would have borrowed this game from my brother instead of buying it...

here are some things that i think need patched that i haven't seen anyone mention so far...

There are so many frustrations with this game, considering the potential is SO SO HIGH!  It has so many short comings that need fixing.

Originally i bought this game to play with my son and fiance at home...except you can't sign in to multiple accounts with it...makes playing offline kind of pointless-but i don't care to play online! So even in the short story mode, my son or fiance can't collect goodies if i am. You can only sign in to ONE profile at a time!!! why???

Also unlike the LBP franchise, you can only have two couch players at a time...so all 3 of us still can't even play together. Pretty lame.

Also, i set out to make a Candy Land level for my son! It's one of our favourite games to play together! Except that i tried to "sticker" the track to get the classic multicolor spaces (like the board game) and by the time i was done recoloring the track, the meter was full! This was a consistent frustration with the first two LBP's as well...if stickers take up so much "room", then their should be an alternate way to "paint" things in the franchise. Seriously, i wouldn't think that would be hard to add...you can customize EVERYTHING else! Why do you have to rely on a sticker as your only for or colorful customization? It is very tedious...a simple "paint brush" to guide along the track to change the colors really isn't a difficult concept if you saw everything else you can do with this game.

Adding this feature to every clothing item and kart would be so awesome...no more counting down the hours spent just trying to change the color of your person or an item (NO EXAGGERATION-if you add up how long in any LBP i have had to tediously "sticker" my character, costume or other items in create mode-just for a simple color change-it would be HOURS). Trust me, it adds up-especially if you are a perfectionist. I KNOW i'm not the only person with this qualm...

Also, why are the "materials" for terrain so limited? There are dozens of "materials" available to make anything you'd like...you can't just make that a possibility for the terrain too?

Someone, please fix this game!!! it could be so so good! As of right now, i've had it for 2 days, i would NOT recommend buying it...unless you are okay with a short story mode and a create mode full of disappointments. Small fixes would make this game AMAZING!

0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to LittleBigPlanet Karting!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Laidbackcat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Laidbackcat
Accepted Solution

Unfortunatly your wasting your time as they ( ufg / sds ) have given up on supporting the game it seems. I dont think there is even any community manager anymore ? I'd love to be proven wrong though as it has so much potential but as it stands you may as well flog a dead horse.. Please do prove me wrong sony and give creators some motivation to put countless hours into making stuff in this game by showing some/any support for it

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

There is a community manager still, but it does feel like karting might not have the support that the other games have...

Still feel free to post your bugs and concerns in this forum that way they can get passed on. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pookachoo

80%
03 Rank
Progress
Pookachoo
Accepted Solution
This game has unfortunately become stagnant.
There are new levels being published but there's no real hope for new levels to get noticed because:

- The "cool" levels section never changes or updates
- The "Team Pick" section in-game shows the oldest picks first instead of the newest

It's really hard for creators to be motivated knowing that it's so hard to be noticed, and it's hard for players to be motivated when the featured levels never change.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

I have several bugs hindering me from creating in the game as well...

I'm getting to the point where I'm tempted to just quit even thinking about it

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
StevenI
Accepted Solution

@Pookachoo wrote:
- The "Team Pick" section in-game shows the oldest picks first instead of the newest

This is a bug that we're aware of and are currently looking into, I can assure you that we want to get this fixed to be able to show you the latest and greatest content :)

And ooooh... I've got some doozies lined up for the latest LittleBigPlanet Karting: Team Picks due to be released later today... ;)

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jazzylouis

80%
02 Rank
Progress
jazzylouis
Accepted Solution
Do you know we need an update that can fix the photo display but I tried to display them.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dragonfliiy

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Dragonfliiy
Accepted Solution

So when are you going to fix the track selection in "quick play".

I'm trying to get the "play 100 community levels" but the same old tracks keep coming up in the voting list time and time again.. it's getting boring to be honest when there are so many good tracks available from the community.

(I would do this online.. on my own.. but apparently that option (to play levels on your own) to get this trophy looks like its glitched according to many forum posts.)

Maybe at least one or two on the voting list should be ones that have never been in the list before ?

I realise that you don't want to flood the online game with below par levels but please do something to add more variety.

Thanks

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

atheistsw

95%
07 Rank
Progress
atheistsw
Accepted Solution

@jazzylouis wrote:
Do you know we need an update that can fix the photo display but I tried to display them.

Oh is that another bug is it? I was wondering why even though the thumbnails of the photos appeared next to my track info when I clicked on their it said 'no photos'. :(

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel