atheistsw

94%
07 Rank
Progress

When will we get new Team Picks?

7 Replies 1,034 Views Created 24-07-2013
24 Jul 2013
By atheistsw

It's been three weeks since they were last updated, whoever is in charge needs to realise that these tracks are the lifeblood of the online game and they need to be updated with much more regularity otherwise the playlists become stale and boring. :(

Also, they are the only way that a level is going to reach a mass playbase because of the appalingly bad online infrastructure this game boasts. It's very discouraging to creators who put countless hours of time and effort into their creations to see their plays counter trickling along ever so slowly towards triple figures. It's not that there is nobody playing, there are loads of players (likely due to it being FREE on PS+) it's just that they all tend to gravitate towards the first few levels on Team Picks for their dose of karting fun, as they would assume those are the best levels on the game as chosen by the developers. But if you don't update these more frequently, how will the newbies ever find the best stuff?

Please make a more concerted effort to update these more frequently, there are still plently of us playing you know, please don't switch the lights off and leave us fumbling around in the darkness!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

I think fixing the cool pages would be a huge boost to infrastructure of the game. The cool page is stuck in the stone ages! O.o

I agree that more picks is always good, but it's possible they aren't getting the suggestions they need? ;)

Maybe posting links to tracks/levels that you like might help?

I've taken up the habit of attempting to play the tracks of people who comment on my track... I would never be able to keep up with the plays though.

0 Kudos

Re: When will we get new Team Picks?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

atheistsw

94%
07 Rank
Progress
atheistsw
Accepted Solution

@JaddziaDax wrote:

I think fixing the cool pages would be a huge boost to infrastructure of the game. The cool page is stuck in the stone ages! O.o

I agree that more picks is always good, but it's possible they aren't getting the suggestions they need? ;)

Maybe posting links to tracks/levels that you like might help?

I've taken up the habit of attempting to play the tracks of people who comment on my track... I would never be able to keep up with the plays though.

If they broadened their horizons and looked beyond the graveyard that is the official forums they would easily find levels to play. If they actually played the game themselves they would easily find levels to add. It's really not that difficult. It justs seems that they have NO interest in even playing LBP Karting anymore to see what people are coming up with and that's a massive shame because there are some EPIC creations that are currently not getting the exposure they deserve as they have not been team picked.

Hell, if it's that hard for them I could submit a list of 20+ awesome tracks and battle arena's that would be absolute brilliant additions to team picks, but I doubt they'd be interested in community input. :(

* However, in the event that i'm wrong and you do want some help guys who pick these things then I'm more than willing to help, anything to try and help expand this game's limited online credentials! *

Also, Cool Level's is pretty much sorted by the amount of plays a level has, that's why they are comprised of all the earliest published levels and some of the more popular team picks, but due to the exponential nature of popularity, Moo Moo Farm from MK64 will forever be on the front page.

At least it's not as broken as LBP2's cool levels, which are, frankly, pure crap (or stolen) :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

Well then post those tracks here...

Even if they don't get "team picked" you can at least start a recommended list for us visitors to give a few plays to.. (I know I would appreciate it at least)

and you never know, they might appreciate the suggestions ;)

I don't think that the lbp team is as adverse to community input as you believe it is.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StevenI

80%
02 Rank
Progress
StevenI
Accepted Solution

@JaddziaDax wrote:

I don't think that the lbp team is as adverse to community input as you believe it is.

That's certainly very true! :)

Naturally we always take community recommendations for popular levels in the LittleBigPlanet series and strive to feature the levels that are really catching the community's attention.

So if you come across any LittleBigPlanet Karting tracks that you really feel that the rest of the community should play, then by all means post them here or tweet them to me @LittleBigPlanet or @StevenIsbell :)

Oh and on a side-note, a fresh new selection of LittleBigPlanet Karting: Team Picks went up yesterday.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

atheistsw

94%
07 Rank
Progress
atheistsw
Accepted Solution

@StevenI wrote:

@JaddziaDax wrote:

That's certainly very true! :)

Naturally we always take community recommendations for popular levels in the LittleBigPlanet series and strive to feature the levels that are really catching the community's attention.

So if you come across any LittleBigPlanet Karting tracks that you really feel that the rest of the community should play, then by all means post them here or tweet them to me @LittleBigPlanet or @StevenIsbell :)

Oh and on a side-note, a fresh new selection of LittleBigPlanet Karting: Team Picks went up yesterday.

That's cool, I see 2 new tracks were chosen, although one of them is almost impossible to race due to the overuse of obscuring branches, ah well...

But seriously, it's nice that you reply Steven, but a lot of us are getting the feeling that Sony or whoever just doesn't care for LBP: Karting and is not supporting it anywhere near the level they do LBP2, despite the fact that the creation tools in 3D are far, far superior!

I hope you guys can at least add 2 or 3 new team picks A WEEK to keep things fresh and interesting, there is certainly no shortage of AWESOME content for you to choose from!

Also, an AMAZING idea would be for the pod host to be able to choose levels from their own queue when racing with their podmates, it sucks that whenever you play an initial level of your choosing you then get sucked back into the limited selection of team picks and it's foolhardy to return to the pod to choose another as someone will inevitably have their game freeze and have to hard reset... this 'queue' feature was in the beta IIRC, so why was it removed for the final version I wonder?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JaddziaDax

93%
05 Rank
Progress
JaddziaDax
Accepted Solution

@atheistsw wrote:

Also, an AMAZING idea would be for the pod host to be able to choose levels from their own queue when racing with their podmates, it sucks that whenever you play an initial level of your choosing you then get sucked back into the limited selection of team picks and it's foolhardy to return to the pod to choose another as someone will inevitably have their game freeze and have to hard reset... this 'queue' feature was in the beta IIRC, so why was it removed for the final version I wonder?

I don't recall seeing it in the beta, however this is an AWESOME idea, I back it 10000000%

This would be so extremely useful!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

atheistsw

94%
07 Rank
Progress