Sonic-Charge

32%
02 Rank
Progress

LBP2 Online service is disabled due to parental control restrictions

1 Reply 623 Views Created 13-08-2014
13 Aug 2014
By Sonic-Charge

We have the PS3 and cannot access the ONLINE COMMUNITY of LBP2 via our sub-account. All restrictions are off and the sub-account has completed Larry Da Vinci's Hideout (as required).

I contacted the PlayStation Support Centre and asked if there's any age restriction in LBP2, and they said there's an age restriction for the LittleBigPlanet 2 online component, and it is 18+ in Australia.

I replied - The game has a “G” rating in Australia, and is aimed squarely at the kids, its whole marketing is based on kids “creating” a world and “sharing” it.

They re-confirmed via email the age restriction in Australia is 18+ for the online component of LittleBigPlanet 2. Somehow, I cannot believe this, and cannot find any reference to this restriction in the documentation with the game, or on the lbp.me sites.

Is anyone using a sub-account with an age less than 18 and accessing LBP2 online community?

LABELS: LittleBigPlanet
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

RandAPle4

• Award Winner
95%
04 Rank
Progress
RandAPle4
Accepted Solution

Well this information is staggering but sadly, if you think about it long enough, it's probably a wise move. Anything your kids are likely to be dong online is also likely to attract the type of people who prey on them. Thus it is always advisable for children to have some parental supervision or involvement when they are online. I imagine the 18+ restriction is meant to protect the seller as much as the user. Sadly.

Re: LBP2 Online service is disabled due to parental control restrictions

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel