06 Rank
Progress

LittleBigPlanet Karting Queuesday - Week 1 [Contest]

[ Edited ]
13 Replies 2,251 Views edited 27-11-2012
27 Nov 2012
By Chimpanzee

karting-queuesday-logo-553.png

Welcome to LittleBigPlanet Karting Queuesdays! A new mini-contest that will take place every week here on the Official PlayStation Community.

You may have heard of #Queuesday already. It’s a... thing... that takes place every Tuesday on Twitter where LittleBigPlanet fans tweet LBP.me links to their favourite levels for the rest of the community to add to their level queue. You can find out more about it here.

Karting Queuesdays will run alongside #Queuesday every week. We want you to pick one LittleBigPlanet Karting level out of your Queuesday picks and instead of just posting a link, post a short review in this thread. The Community Team and other MVPs will help me pick the best review and the winner will be awarded with a personalised signature banner like this one.

karting-queuesday-sig.png

We might just be able to dig-out a little something else for you as well ;)

What you need to post

• The name of the level and the creator (you can create a banner using LIttleSigPlanet if you like)
  • A link to to the level on karting.lbp.me
  • Optionally, a photo of the level (you can normally get one from the level’s page on karting.lpb.me)
  • Your review!

Rulez!

• You must review someone else level - not your own!
  • You must post it in this thread by 23:59GMT tonight! (Tuesday 27th November)
  • Your review must be between 150 and 300 words long. That’s about this big on the OPC message boards:

review-size.png

We'll announce the winner tomorrow. Good luck!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Bearskopff

• Beta Tester
93%
10 Rank
Progress
Bearskopff
Accepted Solution
I've already got a few queued up and ready! I'm totally joining in with this even if I can't win :P
0 Kudos

Re: LittleBigPlanet Karting Queuesday - Week 1 [Contest]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sackboyrath

20%
02 Rank
Progress
sackboyrath
Accepted Solution
I will play them after school ok p.s I know they will be cool
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
88%
02 Rank
Progress
amazingflyingpoo
Accepted Solution

Seventh Heaven by leklack  (https://karting.lbp.me/v/1jwn)

If you are like me, you sometimes find yourself feeling agitated and worked up because of the intense nature of racing. Though there are many, many great community creations already available within weeks of LBPK's launch, there is only one community level I have played where the creator made an incredible atmosphere where I just can't help but smile, sit back, and enjoy the race. This level is Seventh Heaven by Leklack. The atmosphere is perfect, the course is a delight to drive, and the weapon placement is spot on.

The first thing you will notice is just how happy the level looks as the course winds through the clouds, but after going around a few turns you will realize just how perfectly the level plays for anyone who enjoys drifting around turns. In fact, this course has one of the longest turns I have seen as you spiral down from the top of a hill and take in all the scenery. 

I dare anyone to play the level and not smile as they drive over the top of a huge hill to see the clouds all around them... and then break into an epic power slide.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Smurfetta5683

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Smurfetta5683
Accepted Solution

Level: Corkscrew Castle

By: Pookachoo

LBP.me link: https://karting.lbp.me/v/1s3t

This level is very enjoyable to race through.  It's what I categorize as Simple and Fun.  You may ask yourself "If it's simple, then is it really fun?  Should I bother playing it?"  The answer is of course you should play it, that's why I'm recommending it! (lol)  It's simple in the sense that it's a pretty straighforward track with not too many bells and whistles and at the end it was so fun that I wanted to play it again.  There were also a few simple and fun elements that kept me going to back.

The section that sold me on this level was the drifting section, it was a long section of the track (not just one or two turns) in which you had to drift, drift, drifty drift drift for a while and it was mega fun!  This is the drift-ified section:

There is one part where you get launched in the air by a bounce pad and get to collect a string of point bubbles, again this is something simple but it was one of the things I enjoyed most about the level.  One last point that I would like to mention was the music selection, it was sunny and happy music, it made playing the level multiple times very easy!

I suggest you grab some friends and check out this track asap :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dexillion

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Dexillion
Accepted Solution

Arena- Blast Zone

By Arastoph

Level link: https://karting.lbp.me/v/1mmt

For those looking for some original gameplay, Arastoph brings us a battle arena with a twist. In stead of simply blasting each other to pieces, the main goal is to gather fuel to power a massive rocket. Fuel is collected from several points, but only one of them is active at a time, sending you chasing after the next one if you don't find it in time. After filling up your personal fuel battery, you go to the rocket to store the fuel and gain points. Once the rocket is all fueled up and ready for blast-off, the game is over, and whoever gathered the most fuel wins.

Despite the innovative gameplay, the core concept is easy to understand. The sections that make up the arena are well-crafted, varied and full of character, breathing life into the launch bay setting. Doors, ramps, pads and grapple points connect these sections together to form a multi-layered maze to explore, adding depth. Only the sackbot adversary AI could use some improvement, as they sometimes seem more interested in camping for a Shockwave ambush than gather fuel. So just be sure to gather some friends before you give this must-play level a go.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Bearskopff

• Beta Tester
93%
10 Rank
Progress
Bearskopff
Accepted Solution
Absolutely epic work folks! We're currently discussing which one of you lucky lot will get a tasty new sig award - and maybe something extra too! More info soon!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Good reviews guys :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Smurfetta5683

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Smurfetta5683
Accepted Solution

Great reviews you two!

I would like to give kudos but for some reason it says: Sorry, you can't give kudos to this post"  If you know me, you know I NEED to give kudos!! lol.  How do I do it?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Chimpanzee

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Chimpanzee
Accepted Solution

@Smurfetta5683 wrote:

Great reviews you two!

I would like to give kudos but for some reason it says: Sorry, you can't give kudos to this post"  If you know me, you know I NEED to give kudos!! lol.  How do I do it?

Hi Smurfetta. Nice to see you on the OPC. You need to be a member for 2 weeks and have 500 page views before you can give Kudos.

Just waiting on the last couple of people to decide on their favourite review then I'll be posting the results.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Chimpanzee

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Chimpanzee
Accepted Solution

Congratulations... Dexillion! Your review was the favourite among the Community Team and MVPs. You've won yourself this banner for your sig:

karting-queuesday-sig-Dexillion.png

AND an awesome LittleBigPlanet skin for your PS3, courtesy of Bearskopff! Send him your details via Private Message so he can get it sent to you.

See you next week, everyone!

Congratulations... Dexillion! Your review was the favouri...

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dexillion

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Dexillion
Accepted Solution

Woot! Thanks! Guess I really did give Amazingflyingpoo a run for his money! :P

Re: Congratulations... Dexillion! Your review was the favouri...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Smurfetta5683

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Smurfetta5683
Accepted Solution

Congrats Dex!!!!

and thanks Chimpanzee for letting me know how it all works on here.  :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dexillion

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Dexillion
Accepted Solution

Thanks! And thank you and Amazingflyingpoo for setting the bar so high. :)

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel