smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Announced

6 Replies 3,991 Views Created 02-09-2012
02 Sep 2012
By smokeypsd

Incase some people have missed it I'm posting this up and getting excited with all of you now. New MGS game incoming, free roaming structure, set after Peace Walker! Probably 80's.

An astounding trailer here, ingame. Nothing prerendered.

http://au.ign.com/videos/2012/09/01/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-extended-14-minute-demo

Done with the newly developed Fox engine especially designed for multiplatform development we are finally getting something which is amazing whatever it is getting released on. Instead of what has been happening with all developers this entire generation, like Bethesda. I hope they take note of Kojima's challenge to pick their game up.

I've heard mention of MGS5 even being in development ontop of this. There is a lot to get excited about as a Metal Gear follower right now!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

T-Rocket

80%
04 Rank
Progress
T-Rocket
Accepted Solution
Looks amazing. I'll have vto get around to finishing peace walker soon. I was hoping for a MGS game with The Boss as the main character tho.

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Announced

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
I read an article Kojima saying off hand he would be interested in doing that too T-Rocket at some point lol which I can totally get behind that. MGS awesome overload!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

maximuspower

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
maximuspower
Accepted Solution

I cannot remember the link for the interview but Kojima stated that there was interest in further utilization of the FOX engine in other Konami products, we already know that it will be used in the next PES game, but there was suggestion of its use in another Silent Hill game if konami was to take aother stab at the series.

The Scarface guy, on kojima's twitter (which is basically his blog) he stated that he had recently brought back a character from the dead that was in peace walker, im assuming its probably paz, but the scarface guy looks a lot like galvez including the atire, some people have said it is volgin but i hope not, his character was done and he was a good bad guy. Im hoping scarface is a new character.

As for the boy in the cage could be a whole bunch of different people. But Im thinking

-The secret audio tape at the end of peace walker we hear miller talk about the "Son's project" we assume that they are talking about the sons of big boss, but they could be referring to the possible clones of zero, the main title is called ground zeroes so it could literally mean it. Which then leads onto the Sons of big boss... in which case it could solidus

-I was hoping it would be gray fox, liberated by Big Boss who arrives at the prison thinking he is rescuing chico but it turns out it is another kid, if it is gray fox it give a pretty awkward gameplay moment down the track when he kills naomi's parents

-or it could be raiden, but he was in angola in africa

-or it could be ah screw it too much speculation

And another tweet today by kojima said there would further MGS related news at the Tokyo games show on the 20th of september and then at the eurogamer website n the 27th, so expect more news in the following weeks.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

maximuspower

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
maximuspower
Accepted Solution

Also Kojima for a while was stating that his new project had a strong taboo, so much in fact that he said he would not be suprised if he was forced to leave the industry.

At the time I thought the only game that has even moved close in this territory was fallout and even then it was uncomfortable.

The conclusion i can make is that it is about children, or possibly violence against children or through them, after seeing the trailer im more convinced of this, I think it very possible that the player maybe faced with situations where chid soldiers are npcs, you recruit or play as child soldiers.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
Interesting thought maximus. Or he's working on a dating sim? Time will tell lol.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

REBELYELL89

80%
02 Rank
Progress
REBELYELL89
Accepted Solution