georann

92%
03 Rank
Progress

Gathering Hall Online

9 Replies 1,431 Views Created 21-08-2009
21 Aug 2009
By georann
Whenever I go on the online gathering hall, their is no one there. Is there a certain hall number, or time when people are on, or do people go straight out on quests, or is my game broken?? I downloaded it from PSN store.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OldManArashi

80%
02 Rank
Progress
OldManArashi
Accepted Solution

Despite being called the 'Online' Gathering Hall, it's actually just local multiplier (ie: using ad-hoc mode). To play online fully you'll need to look at using either XLink Kai (which allows you to play ad-hoc over the internet) or use Ad-Hoc Party (which is the official way to play ad-hoc online, but is only [i]currently[/i] available from the Japanese Playstation Store).

Once they sort out Ad-Hoc Party for Europe you can be certain that there will be plenty of people to hunt with, myself included. MusterBuster mentioned that moderation for it has already been discussed, so maybe we're not too far away from seeing it become a reality. :)

Re: Gathering Hall Online

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

@OldManArashi wrote:

Once they sort out Ad-Hoc Party for Europe you can be certain that there will be plenty of people to hunt with, myself included. MusterBuster mentioned that moderation for it has already been discussed, so maybe we're not too far away from seeing it become a reality. :)

Yeah, they need to strike while the iron's hot with this one. Co-ordinating with the release of MHFU would have been best.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

georann

92%
03 Rank
Progress
georann
Accepted Solution
Is it possible for me to download it from the japanese store then??  Currently does it allow me to play with my friends next to me (ad-hoc) with or without internet?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OldManArashi

80%
02 Rank
Progress
OldManArashi
Accepted Solution

You should be able to play with your friends no problem, just as long as you are sat nearby (ie: in the same room) and you all join the same Gathering Hall. You won't require an internet connection at all.

The process for seting up and starting a multiplayer quest may catch you out at first, mainly because your friends need to both join your quest, and then set themselves as ready to start before you actually start it. If they weren't ready or did not join, they will get left behind and miss out on the quest.

Once you join the same room you should see eachother standing/running around. Set up a quest from one of the three ladies on the left, or from the old treasure hunter on the right. Once you have set up a quest you will see an open booklet appear by your name in the top right. Now make sure all your friends go to the board at the back of the room and join the quest you have set up. As your friends join the quest you will see a half booklet appears next to their name.

Now that everyone has joined the quest, your friends now need to go to the doorway at the back of the room and mark themselves as ready to start. As they do this, their half booklets will begin to flash. Once everyone is ready, you (as the quest leader) must go to the doorway and start the quest. Note that the quest leader must go to the door and select start [i]after[/i] everyone else is ready, otherwhise people will get left behind.

Downloading Ad-Hoc Party from the Japanese store is certainly possible and guides are available, but I'm fairly sure doing it would break some of the terms of use (mostly because you would need to enter a valid address in Japan to make the Japanese account, and that would probably involve entering a fake address. Hopefully it wont be too long before the European Ad-Hoc Party arrives. :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

georann

92%
03 Rank
Progress
georann
Accepted Solution
If they do release online (i hope they do), hopefully they will put in a chat function, possibly a trade function and maybe the ability to do village chief quests etc with m8s, rather than just in the gathering hall.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZootSuit

88%
05 Rank
Progress
ZootSuit
Accepted Solution
I think you can use mics on ad-hoc party and I also think their is a chat feature. There is a basic trade system in game where can give others rarity 4 (maybe 3, it's been a while) and below items, so no getting your mates to give you stuff for high level armour. And you won't be be able to play village quests with mates, they're meant to be completed on your own. Besides, ad-hoc party is just an application made by Sony to trick the PSP into thinking other PSP's are near by, it's not something that will change the content of a game.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MasonMarxx

77%
04 Rank
Progress
MasonMarxx
Accepted Solution
dont you need a playstation 3 for Ad-Hoc Party though?
0 Kudos

Now Playing: Wipeout 2048 - MGS HD Collection - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZootSuit

88%
05 Rank
Progress
ZootSuit
Accepted Solution
Yeah.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution
Yep. You also need to have your PS3 wired into your router, because it needs the wireless to talk to the PSP.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel