By Phenom_Evolution
98%
03 Rank
Progress

MotorStorm Pacific Rift - Server Notice

27 Replies 8,002 Views Created 01-10-2012
01 Oct 2012
By Phenom_Evolution

The MotorStorm Pacific Rift servers for online play have been retired today, as per the notice published in June. Thank you to everyone who has played, enjoyed & supported the game since it was released in October 2008 - your passion and your feedback will be channeled into future games from Evolution Studios.

We hope that you are able to enjoy the Festival and split-screen multiplayer racing offered by MotorStorm Pacific Rift for many more years to come, and that you choose to continue your online MotorStorm experience with MotorStorm Apocalypse.

We'd love to hear your stories and your memories from your times playing Pacific Rift online too, so please share them with us in the comments below.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LordPyroDark

21%
02 Rank
Progress
LordPyroDark
Accepted Solution

A question I've had since June, there are a couple things I never got unlocked, like the Nord Viking, so are those just lost to anyone that didn't try for them sooner? I bought PR for a long distance friend in February, I was kind of hoping to play it with him more often. He's said he wishes you "had released server software to let people run their own". I suppose you'd have to for Apocalypse, I don't know how you would cut that one offline. I do like Apocalypse but I would really love to see a sequel to PR soon. The Island was easily the best setting, surely the old lavaflows must have cooled by now, they should probably head the carrier back there soon.

0 Kudos

Re: MotorStorm Pacific Rift - Server Notice

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TRAXXAS58

88%
05 Rank
Progress
TRAXXAS58
Accepted Solution
I still think it is riduculous that now, nobody can earn platinum trophy who does not already have all the online trophies, the DLC is still in the store for £4.79 each. That is almost £10 for what? For maybe 1 day of gameplay. Waste of money, it should be free from now on & really, should have been free from the moment you announced that you were going to turn the servers off.
0 Kudos

ws

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BARNIEU321

27%
02 Rank
Progress
BARNIEU321
Accepted Solution

That DLC track are very good and even without online worth the money for that players who loves play time attack.

A was a trophy hunter before I fell in love with Pacific Rift.

Doesn't care any trophies in relative with that game.

I want online back!

That's the only thing.

I hate Sony!!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tilou-X8

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Tilou-X8
Accepted Solution

oui c'est vraiment scandaleux de ne pas savoir décrocher les trophées en ligne motor storm !!! y a t'il une possibilité pour que playstation les débloque ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RoseOfSharyn

92%
03 Rank
Progress
RoseOfSharyn
Accepted Solution
Sleep well, sweet prince.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MoparJam

23%
02 Rank
Progress
MoparJam
Accepted Solution
I think Sony is messing up by getting rid of this game. It was the only reason why I bought the ps3. No offense but I dislike apocoplyse. I think the next game should be more like pacific rift. add in customized car and trucks. That would be a special game! Or maybe even something along the lines of more American racing. Motorsports such as the Dakar rally and Baja 100. Heck it would be really neat to do boats too!! Speed boats, jet skis, catamarans, blah blah blah. But until then I will not buy apocoplyse again. Pacific rift for life!!!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

opiumgod

94%
04 Rank
Progress
opiumgod
Accepted Solution

@Phenom_Evolution wrote:

The MotorStorm Pacific Rift servers for online play have been retired today, as per the notice published in June. Thank you to everyone who has played, enjoyed & supported the game since it was released in October 2008 - your passion and your feedback will be channeled into future games from Evolution Studios.

We hope that you are able to enjoy the Festival and split-screen multiplayer racing offered by MotorStorm Pacific Rift for many more years to come, and that you choose to continue your online MotorStorm experience with MotorStorm Apocalypse.

We'd love to hear your stories and your memories from your times playing Pacific Rift online too, so please share them with us in the comments below.

i guess you dont pay attention to peoples threads when there`s talk of server problems then

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andyrome64

96%
03 Rank
Progress
andyrome64
Accepted Solution

@Phenom_Evolution wrote:

You are taking the p******, aren't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvIaEMvaQTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j8-ZTszeNw

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hafa_dude

80%
02 Rank
Progress
hafa_dude
Accepted Solution

I will miss Pacific Rift.  It was a really good game.  I also like MSA as well.  Even though it is different than PR, it is still one of the best overall racing games available today.  Other racing games don't hold my attention for very long and can get boring after a while.

What I don't like about MSA though, is the server issues that plague the game, the lack of support from evolution studios, the betting system and the lack of more tracks.  What made PR popular was the offroad experience and the ability to push vehicle selection on the fly, rather than create a mod. But I also like the option of a modification feature.

You have perks available in the game, but not in the quick race mode. The only way to practice with perks are through online racing. I wish you would of incorporated more offroad like tracks.  You could of still incorporated destruction with them.  You have 3 skyline tracks, the only difference is the starting point. 

I like the new addition of some of the vehicles, however you give three of each.  OK, so we were able to download a few more.  More vehicles would be better.  I like the way you are able to select the vehicle you want before the game starts, rather then having to lock them in before you can play online. I like the fact the handling and overall physics of the game were improved, and that the moon gravity feature was taking out of the main gaming experience.

I actually liked one of the poster ideas about incorporating boats or jet ski's.  I think that would make for one hell of a game.

I would hope that the next Motorstorm game will not only be for the PS4 coming out and could be backwards compatable with PS3.  The PS4 will be an expensive item when it first hits the market.  I don't plan on getting one right away.  I'm sure others may be thinking the same as I.  Also, I really hope evolution doesn't abandon the next Motorstorm game the same way it has abandon MSA.

0 Kudos

http://www.youtube.com/user/hafadude69

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GLR_Nelly75

25%
02 Rank
Progress
GLR_Nelly75
Accepted Solution
Hardly worth having exclusive titles like Motorstorm and Pacific Rift if you can't play them online. Surely would have made more sense to fix the servers rather than just close them altogether. I'm just really annoyed because I've just brought both these games today and purchased the DLC for Pacific Rift, so that's about £40 I could of spent on a new game that I can play online :( Also in the console war between Sony and Microsoft that's one point to Microsoft they never turn off online services for any of their exclusive titles.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Pacman_Ownage

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
Pacman_Ownage
Accepted Solution

Bro's, bro's... we all know Apocalypse was a bit poopoo.

Pacific Rift though.

Oh, geez... amazing.

Best racer this gen, by far, and I KNOW I'll be playing splitscreen for years to come.

Luckily with the servers now down I can keep my unbeaten record on ATVs and Paradise Beach.

And all those lovely messages by people that I squished with Monster Trucks. Good times.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GLR_Nelly75

25%
02 Rank
Progress
GLR_Nelly75
Accepted Solution

@Pacman_Ownage wrote:

Bro's, bro's... we all know Apocalypse was a bit poopoo.

Pacific Rift though.

Oh, geez... amazing.

Best racer this gen, by far, and I KNOW I'll be playing splitscreen for years to come.

Luckily with the servers now down I can keep my unbeaten record on ATVs and Paradise Beach.

And all those lovely messages by people that I squished with Monster Trucks. Good times.

Yep Pacific Rift is awesome the only thing I would've liked to see is the option to install the game to HDD as the loading time is awful.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

berka08

35%
02 Rank
Progress
berka08
Accepted Solution
I agree with u what a disappointment :/
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mattyken94

22%
02 Rank
Progress
mattyken94
Accepted Solution
Are you kidding? I bought a PS3 last month for my birthday and along with it motorstorm pacific rift. I love the game but no multiplayer? C'mon put it back on or something because i really wanted to give multiplayer a go. Only multiplayer game i got worth playin is medal of honor. But i really wanted to play motorstorm online. What a let down, feel like i should have kept my xbox, microsoft never shut down multiplayer capabilities for ANY games
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

berka08

35%
02 Rank
Progress
berka08
Accepted Solution

Dear evolution studios I am the biggest MotorStorm fan ,but please can u make update for trophies so I can get platinum I am going to pay if I need but I hate when my trophy percentage doesnt stand at 100% :( plzzz

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Grossmodule

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Grossmodule
Accepted Solution

I didn't see any notice posted in June. Where in the game was the notice posted?

This is terrible news. I hope the servers come back online sometime in the future.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Sorry to say, but once a server goes, it's gone! D:

There was probably a ticker notice somewhere.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MarSSteR

22%
02 Rank
Progress
MarSSteR
Accepted Solution

BIG disappointment :Argh:

Is the reason not some money BUT the problems with the Motorstorm Apocalypse servers?

BTW: thit sony not received engough money for the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SwedenJohan

32%
02 Rank
Progress
SwedenJohan
Accepted Solution
Awh... I really liked MS: PA... But I Only played online because that's fun. Now it's kinda dead to me.. MS: PA is much better and more fun to play than MS: AP
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Snoreyn

37%
02 Rank
Progress
Snoreyn
Accepted Solution
SHAME i'll never buy an Evolution game anymore, bring back the damm servers i can't unlock the DLC online trophies as many users, or patch the game to unlock the trophies in a different way playng offline, and i'm even forced to log out from the PSN if i want play Pacific Rift cause he try to connect after evry *****ing race i finish.. it's i nightmare i can't skip i have to wait FOR WHAT?? damm servers. Sorry but i'm too dosappointed, can't have my 100%.. why to put online trophies, and the game is still in the stores, the DLC's are so much expensive and pointless cause no 100% achievable .. not anymore, this is a shame.. re-open the servers or patch the game.
0 Kudos

Rif.: MotorStorm Pacific Rift - Server Notice

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel