42%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Account merge

46 Replies 137,241 Views Created 06-05-2013
06 May 2013
By Robert_Horstman

I'd want to know if its possible to merge 2 PSN accounts. 

I bought a PS3 a few years ago and made a PSN back then.

When the PSV got released, I bought that one and (you may guess) I made another one...

Some games like LBP have tha advantage of sharing costumes, wich i'd like to be able. Or at least just having the same trophies and friendslist is what i'm after. Any info regarding the accounts, i can give. Ofcourse not in this topic. But since I'm new at the forum, i dont know yet were to contact tech support, i even had to look where the forum was...

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
It's something that physically can't be done as the database of IDs would turn into soup.

It's not designed to allow merging accounts, and with potentially thousands of transactions on two different IDs with different names/details it would spell disaster for lost details, items and purchases.
That and digital content is tied to a single user who's supposed to only have one account.

There's multiple reasons why it can't and won't happen, but I'd say you should cut your losses now and pick your preferred ID. It's easier for you to "break your policy" than it is for Sony to "break" theirs and rebuild the whole PSN :P

View solution in original post

Re: Account merge

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Short answer: No.

Accounts can't be merged, you'll have to choose an ID and use one of them over the other. Sorry! :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Robert_Horstman

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Robert_Horstman
Accepted Solution
Kinda impossible, since i used both accounts to buy something... and i know its possible, its just a policy i think they dont wanna break...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
It's something that physically can't be done as the database of IDs would turn into soup.

It's not designed to allow merging accounts, and with potentially thousands of transactions on two different IDs with different names/details it would spell disaster for lost details, items and purchases.
That and digital content is tied to a single user who's supposed to only have one account.

There's multiple reasons why it can't and won't happen, but I'd say you should cut your losses now and pick your preferred ID. It's easier for you to "break your policy" than it is for Sony to "break" theirs and rebuild the whole PSN :P

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MadforitUK

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
MadforitUK
Accepted Solution

Why do people use different accounts for the same thing. It really baffles me, 

I've had multiple PS3s and PSPs and a Vita and they have all had the one account. Makes it all simples!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sidikx

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Sidikx
Accepted Solution

I created a second account because I wasn't abl;e to change country in my profile. Since I've moved to the UK, I couldn't buy stuff with my UK card on my belgian account. Therefore yeah I'd like to be able to merge my 2 accounts.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

already_got_one

56%
02 Rank
Progress
already_got_one
Accepted Solution

You wrote

"I created a second account because I wasn't abl;e to change country in my profile. Since I've moved to the UK, I couldn't buy stuff with my UK card on my belgian account. Therefore yeah I'd like to be able to merge my 2 accounts."

Oh dear, I may be moving from the UK to the continent, and I don't want to have to create a new account!

I'm stunned by how crap PSN support is, it's now 10 days (and counting) since I asked for a change in sign in ID.  They disabled my old sign in ID (so I can't play online anymore) but God knows when and if they'll actually get around to activating my new sign in ID.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TyrXIII

42%
02 Rank
Progress
TyrXIII
Accepted Solution

so is there any answer on this yet?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TyrXIII

42%
02 Rank
Progress
TyrXIII
Accepted Solution

there is no way to merge accounts according to Playstation support, for all of those that havent got an answer yet.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DoG_Nalle

21%
02 Rank
Progress
DoG_Nalle
Accepted Solution

Maybe because they are two users on the same machine!!

@MadforitUK wrote:

Why do people use different accounts for the same thing. It really baffles me, 

I've had multiple PS3s and PSPs and a Vita and they have all had the one account. Makes it all simples!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cocacola4ever99

49%
02 Rank
Progress
cocacola4ever99
Accepted Solution

well me when i created my first account i was 13 and you know whn you get a new system you kinda skim stuff so you can get started, well i didnt see the part that said you couldnt change your online id once its created...for me mine was gage13cool...now that im older that just sound awful. that might be the reason alot of other people want to merge there accounts..all the stuff and trofies there loosing. me, i just use my new one, i mean il probobly play all those games again some time or another.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JuxnS3

45%
02 Rank
Progress
JuxnS3
cocacola4ever99
Accepted Solution

That is exactly the reason for my creation of a new account as well. I was not happy with the previous username name that I had originally created at 14 (tOoQuIcK2ScOpE), so it needed to be changed when i bought my PS4. I did leave a lot of trophies behind which kind of sucks to be honest though.

Account merge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pewpowpewlazers

22%
02 Rank
Progress
pewpowpewlazers
JuxnS3
Accepted Solution

my old psn emial was deleted lol

0 Kudos

Account merge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hearts_hunter89

41%
02 Rank
Progress
hearts_hunter89
Accepted Solution

OK, help me with this one please, give one clear answer so I wont over think that there is hope lol, I have 2 accounts one German because I used to live in Germany and didnt do any purchases on its store maybe little things (dont care about them) but all of my freaking trophies are on it its lvl 15 trophies, and the other account is USA which all of my purchases are on it like hundred of dollars worth, so I PURCHASE from the US one and PLAY on the German one to keep my trophies..... so the thing is I want to keep the US one and use it because of PS+ but dont want to lose my trophies, I cant access my special things like avatars and PS+ games when I use the German account for trophies :(

Long story short, Please tell me I can transfer my trophies from my German account to US one lol, OR WORST scenario that I can change the German region to American :)

PLEAS HELP 

PEACE

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kavarez

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Kavarez
Accepted Solution

The main issue for me is that PSN don't let you change your ID name. In my case I had to create another account to have a male name instead of a female name.

So now I have to use two accounts to enjoy PSN. MY THROPHIES are bull***** for SONY!

I've spend thousands of dollars on my old account (ID: Lybiz) and never sony or any of its staffs replied to me or even come up with a solution. I've got more than 100 PS3 games in my shelve and dozens on Digital... But, who cares SONY?

The gaming industry need more consoles, companies and games.

ps: EA and SONY just don't care about their costumers. Simple like that, we are nothing for them. I don't see future in this relation so I can securely ensure that I'm only with PLAYSTATION because of the controller design and nothing more.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

solarwind12

94%
04 Rank
Progress
solarwind12
Accepted Solution
Sorry friend, i usually side with those who have 'issues' with sen, but most every problem you have is of your own making, yes in a ideal world what you ask would be possible, however sony's infastructure makes it very difficult to change/merge AC's, always been that way, btw you could get DS3 like controllers for the 360, am sure there'll be similar options soon for xbone, can't really support this gripe.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JumboTommyFACE

42%
02 Rank
Progress
JumboTommyFACE
Accepted Solution

What are your statements based on?

all you would have to do is run a sql statement on their database that updates the old psn id to the one that you choose.

i.e. if your psn user id in the primary user table is 23123143223 and the old on is 34432344122 the you would just run an update statement on all underlying tables something like....

"update tblPsnUsersTransactions set fUserID = [NewID] (23123143223) where fUserID = [oldUserID] (34432344122)"

literally a 15 second transaction.

you could also check to see if the user is online if sony's database is tracking that, which is obviously is, then boot them from the server.

they would not have re program anything. a simple update query solves the problem.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

hgwells

• MVP
93%
09 Rank
Progress
hgwells
Accepted Solution
@JumboTommyFACE You're assuming that the psn is running on a relational database.
Do you know that for a fact?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

eljorgebarroso

22%
02 Rank
Progress
eljorgebarroso
MadforitUK
Accepted Solution

You're right mate but for people like me who has changed of country would be great.
I had to open a new account to enjoy all the services of PSN in my new country, but that made lost all my trophies

0 Kudos

Account merge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jasman602

23%
02 Rank
Progress
jasman602
MadforitUK
Accepted Solution

i wouldn't have 2 accounts but my BF at the time made me a sub account and when we split i didn't have access to my account so i made another recently the made it so people can get sub accounts made master but now i have 2 accounts that i have made purchases on and would like to merge them i mean it no big deal as i can just download the content on my ps3 and then any account can use it its just frustrating that i had to make 2 accounts to begin with

0 Kudos

Account merge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

theSH4RP13

28%
02 Rank
Progress
theSH4RP13
Accepted Solution

I was in the situation where I was forced to have a sub-account (I was 13 when I got a PS3 in 09) because it was my dad's PlayStation. By the time I turned 18 the PS4 was on its way and I look around online to see if upgrading your PSN was possible, but at the time was not at all, nor in the works anytime soon. Naturally I made a new master account in order to make my own purchases on my own card. Sad that I had to leave behind over a thousand trophies, I reluctantly used my new account. But, sure enough, a year later PSN implements account upgrades and now I've totally missed the boat with many trophies across both accounts. I'm quite perturbed that PlayStation, with all the resources they have, can't afford to find a work-around to merge accounts. I may not have as many trophies as a lot of other gamers out there, but it's 7 years of my life invested here. Hundreds of hours of gameplay. Hundreds of dollars invested. I hope there is someway they can make a change. PlayStation would make many of their costumers very happy.

0 Kudos

Account merge

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel