New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
Could someone please explain how I can add funds to my childs account that I am the master and she is the child account please?
Add funds to the Master Account
A Sub Account draws funds from the Master Account.
In Parental Controls, you can set a limit for your Son/Daughter to use each month.
That doesn't work for me...
It still says that there's not enough money in my wallet...
I don't have access to a Sub Account to know the fine details.. Everything that you need to know is stored in the Help Files, which is precisely where I dug up the other response in this Thread.
Spending limits should be able to be adjusted to meet your requirements.
Sales tax. That's a thing in most US states, you know. It gets added during the checkout process. You obviously aren't taking that into account.@DrakonFire-
Add the funds to your wallet then set the monthly permissions.
Does the child then have access to the money with the spending limit? If the adult adds it into his account?
I don't know if that will work for anyone else but it's no good for me there is no "Parental Controls > Monthly Spending Limit" option on the screen.
If anyone has any idea how to fix that I'd love to know
Is a "Monthly Spending Limit" the only way to allocate funds?
My son was gifted a PSN card, and I want to allocate him a one-off £20 allowance, not a 'monthly' amount.
I agree with this.
Mu kid keeps getting or buying PlayStation store cards. It would be nice to be able to add them to his own “wallet” because any time his brothers (or myself) want to buy things we have to keep track as it takes it from one source.
Sony did well with the parental control update. However independent wallets is much needed.@TheSchmill
Yeah this is completely phucked up.! It seem that you need to (as the parent):
1. Set up a credit card on YOUR account.
2. Then "add funds" from the credit card to the wallet. The way this works is that you have to "load" a certain amount to the wallet from the credit card. it does NOT automatically debit your credit card (which would be the best way to do it).
3. WARNING this process is Phucked. Expect to be redirected to your bank, browser errors, resign into PS account, verify CVS. Basically expect a total meltdown. However the funds will apear if you do all this.
4. On your childs account ensure that the "monthly spending limit is created and high enough.
5. If you have made it to this stage and still have the will to live, your child can now start spending money and your life can continue...
I trust this has helped, its certainly p*ssed me off trying to work this USELESS process out.
Oh if there is a PS community lead that knows the Product Manager who is responsible for payment processes, I can help you redesign then, thus making sure there is the best UX and UI experience.
hello can someone please tell how i can give my child money form my master account
By ensuring your kid had a sub account, and that said sub account was under the control of your master account as the family manager. That's how. Sub accounts draw funds from the family mmanager's wallet.@lupi_m
Website ©2018 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info