SheepDeprived

24%
02 Rank
Progress

Permanently Delete PSN Account and Create a New One With Same Email

7 Replies 292 Views Created 2 weeks ago
08 Jan 2019
By SheepDeprived

I live in South Africa but for some reason decided to create my account when I was 14 and set my location in the UK. I learned that you cannot change your country address and my stupid childishness years back made it a lot more difficult to make purchases and join PlayStation Plus, since my card address doesn't match my country, nor do I have an address in the UK. I'm struggling to reach PSN to have someone help me permanently delete this account. However, if I do get my account deleted, is it possible for me to create a new one with the same E-Mail address?

I've been struggling with this for a while now, and it's getting on my nerves.

Please help me

Thank you

0 Kudos
LABELS: My Account
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phteve-the-Rock

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Phteve-the-Rock
Accepted Solution

Yes you are able to use the same email address for a new account if you close the current one but I have a better option.

If you are still able to sign in the PSN account that you made on UK you can change the email address for that one and by doing so you free up your main Email address to be used for a new account that you will set up properly for your region.

• Go to [PlayStation Network] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Sign-in ID (email address)] and enter your password. Enter your new Sign-in ID (Email Address) and select [Confirm].

Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SheepDeprived

24%
02 Rank
Progress
SheepDeprived
Phteve-the-Rock
Accepted Solution

Thank you for the advice. Changed my email to free up my main one. Now I just need to reach a PSN worker to help me shut down my account, which is where I'm also having a hard time to reach them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

No real need to delete the Account,   a UK Account has to be one the easiest Country Accounts to actually buy Voucher TopUps and Network Cards for...   They are everywhere online!!

Buy Online and use your existing Funding Sources...  not really a problem is it??

But, yeah..  you can get the Account deleted by Sony..  it's not actually deleted, but it's perma banned so that nobody will have access to it ever again..   The ID will still be taken and nobody can create the same ID.

It would free up the email address to be used again.

But you could just create a new email address and change the Account to that via the Account Management..  That would also free up the existing email address to be used to create a new Account if needs be..

Personally, I'd leave it all alone and just buy the Voucher Codes..  they are that easy to buy!!

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SheepDeprived

24%
02 Rank
Progress
SheepDeprived
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Thank you very much, but I would rather have the account shut down so I can fix my details. As far as I know vouchers have to be renewed, which is a hassle, so I'd rather connect my card directly with accurate region details and home address.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
SheepDeprived
Accepted Solution

Also think about this...  

Do you have any purchases made to that Account?? 

Whether they be any FREE Monthly Games from the Plus Subscription if you have used it...    they won't be accessible if you delete the Account or simply stop buying the Subscription..

If you have just purchased Games from the PS Store, then you need that Account on the Console to access them in the future if you plan using a different Account.  

Also adding Funding Sources are problematic as well, they don't always work..   We have loads of Threads complaining that they don't work..    Work one day and not the next!!

Think it through..  

Do you have FREE month games from the Subscription

Do you have purchased games from the PS Store

If yes, then keep the Account on the Console if you want to play those Games in the future.

You can always create the SA Account if you want to and play those Games...  Just Activate the Accounts as Primary..   This will enable you to share content across the Accounts.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phteve-the-Rock

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Phteve-the-Rock
SheepDeprived
Accepted Solution

Just leave it as it is. Just delete it from the PS and remove any Payment details from it. 

As well turn off auto renewal if you have any subscriptions on it!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SheepDeprived

24%
02 Rank
Progress
SheepDeprived