show original

READ ALL INFO BELOW FIRST BEFORE PURCHASING TICKETS

Edition: Reflex GT 8
Tournament: Modern Warfare 3 4v4 (PS3)
Date: Saturday, 25th of February, 2012
Time: 10 AM - 11 PM
Location: Kaos Gamecenter, Weesp (near Amsterdam), Netherlands
Prize money: € 1600 (at 16 teams)

Team Ticket price: € 50,00 p.p. (€ 200 per team, coach included)
Visitor Ticket price: € 10
Minimum required teams: 12
Deadline: Friday, 27th of January, 2012

OPEN TICKETSHOP

Team Tickets sold: 0
Event status: UNCONFIRMED
Updated: January 13th

---

Intro
Hi EUeSports! I\'m Sander \'Xorta\' Beijer of the Dutch LAN organisation Reflex GT. For quite some time now, I had my eye on the CoD PS3 community as I received requests at regular basis from people of this community for Reflex GT to do CoD PS3 LAN tournaments. Some PS3 teams already are familiar with attending our Xbox CoD LANs, but I think it\'s time to give the whole PS3 community a chance to attend Reflex GT with a MW3 4v4 PS3 LAN tournament! Part of Reflex GT 8. This will be our first ever PS3 LAN tournament, so we will start of with just a 1 day LAN on the 25th of Feb, 2012. 16 teams is currently the maximum, but we can increase this team cap once it\'s clear that the demand is higher than expected. Note that this LAN is NOT CONFIRMED YET. We need a minimum of 12 teams to make this happen. Continue reading!

If you\'re not familiar with Reflex GT at all: we are currently Europe\'s second biggest console e-sports LAN provider, currently housed in Weesp, a small town close to Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Our main game is Call of Duty for the Xbox 360. Reflex GT 7, a MW3 Xbox 360 tournament that will be held the weekend of 21 - 22 January, will have 37 attending European teams. I\'m not going to spend any more words: see www.ReflexGT.com for more about everything Reflex GT!

Pricing / Why attend?
One major issue we are facing with hosting a PS3 LAN, is that we don\'t own PS3 consoles ourselves. Luckily we have quite some contacts in the local Dutch gaming tournaments scene and know a FIFA tournament organiser with aprox. 24 PS3 consoles. Bingo! Although, they don\'t come for free. We don\'t want the prize purse to suffer from this increase of costs, so that\'s why we\'ve decided to up the regular Team Ticket price per person of € 40 with € 10, which make it € 50 in total. This would imply the prize purse to be at least 50% of the ticket prices, which is a bit lower then we are used to at Reflex GT (70%), but still is as high as the standard in the overall LAN tournament gaming scene. (No, we don\'t want to work with BYOC formats, as we find it too risky in many aspects and in our eyes lowers the quality of our events).

Why attend Reflex GT? I\'ll copy paste my answer in of an interview I did with Decerto.net recently.

Because Reflex GT cares a lot about getting their attendees true value for their money. Which in our eyes comes down on playing a good amount of LAN matches, regardless of how far your teams comes in the tournament, especially if you\'re flying over from a far distant country. We also care a lot about minimizing the waiting time between teams\' matches: teams should be playing at least the same amount of time they are waiting. And with the help of professional tournament staff, we care about making sure the overall LAN experience is of high quality. The possibility to play on a professional live stream in front of thousends of gamers tops it off. But I guess experiencing Amsterdam also belongs on the list.

I want to add: So we won\'t be working with a regular double-elimination format, but always with extended versions like placements matches. This ensures every team to play at least 4 full LAN matches (most teams will play more matches), regardless of how you perform. We might even use a triple-elimination format for this tournament!

show original

Tickets / Deadline
This announcement strictly seen is unofficial, as we don\'t have any info regarding this LAN event on our website ReflexGT.com. This is because it\'s not confirmed yet at all. We need at least 12 teams to buy their Team Ticket before the deadline of Friday, 27th of January for this LAN to continue. So we need the help of EUeSports to get this LAN off the ground and make it official. If this does not happen, all bought tickets will be refunded. Read about it below.

If we would sell less then 12 Team Tickets on the deadline (27th of January) , then we\'ll have a look at how many tickets we\'ve actually sold and how likely it will be to sell a few more tickets so make the event go through anyway. Else: event will get cancelled and all teams will get their ticket refunded. But note that this won\'t be a full refund. The ticketshop Paylogic we are using requires an admin fee of aprox 2 - 3 euro, which can not be refunded. Any additional processing costs depending on your payment method will also not get refunded.

Example: For a Team Ticket, you\'ll have to pay € 200 + € 3 Paylogic + e.g. € 2 payment method costs = € 205 in total. If the event wouldnt go through, you\'ll only get € 200 refunded.

Once a Team Ticket has been bought, we at Reflex GT can\'t see for what team that is. Normally, teams would have to send in a registration form so that we can create a confirmed teams list. We will not do this until te deadline. So we will only be able to update the amount of tickets sold in this start post (see at the top). Feel free to create your own confirmed teams list on this forum somewhere. lächeln

show original
(auto-resize: 600x350px, )

More info
More info regarding this LAN event will be made available on ReflexGT.com when this event get\'s confirmed. For the time being, if you do want info like schedules, venue info, rules, a travel guide, how the registration form looks like, what to bring etc. you should check out the Reflex GT 6 event page of last December, as most of the info provided there will be very much alike. Rules & settings will of course be what you guys want, which I guess will be the EUES rules. Altough, we should keep an eye out on what MLG will do soon.

That\'s about it! Thanks to Daniel Baker for assisting me on determining the date for this LAN and other stuff. As this is our first PS3 event, we will definitely need some help of the community to make this a success. We\'re always listening to you guys! Currently, I will be the main man to talk to about this LAN, as we obviously don\'t have a community manager for PS3 CoD yet, but you can also expect Mick \'Vandal\' Cox or Gilled \'UniKz\' Dijkman to appear here on EUES.

Spread the word!

Follow Reflex GT on Twitter: @ReflexGT

Mail: sanderbeijer@reflexgaming.nl

Source: www.euesports.com/forum/index.php?threads/reflex-gt-8-unofficial-announcement-tickets.43892/#post-10...

0 Kudos
reactie
LABELS:
Bekijk onze huisregels voor posts
Antwoord plaatsen Antwoord bijwerken Annuleer

Accepted Solution

View Original

Probleem opgelost

Bekijk originele post
Award Winner
/16

XxGandhixX