dread_lock_king

84%
01 Rank
Progress

Cannot update payment details

1 Reply 207 Views Created 03-01-2019
03 Jan 2019
By dread_lock_king

Where to begin? I own both a PS3 and a PS4. I have been trying to make a purchase on the Playstation Network all day but have encountered a number of issues.

Firstly, I was unable to login to my account using my laptop, despite using the correct login details.

Secondly, I logged onto my PS3 account through the device itself and was trying to purchase Mass Effect 1 from the Playstation Store. However, my card payment details have changed since I originally started the PSN account. Unfortunately there is no option to change existing card details; it only allows me to verify the expiry date and security code for the card I originally opened the account with (which I do not have as it was stolen in 2017). I tried to pay using my Paypal account but the system kept redirecting me to verify the old card details. I even tried to input new card details, but the same redirection issues happened.

Thirdly, I have been trying all day to try and contact Playstation directly regarding this issue only to find they do not have a contact number or email address available for customers. I am encouraged to contact them using twitter, but I do not have a twitter account and do not see why I should have to create one purely to contact one single company. The only number I could find was to Playstation USA which will cost me too much to call from my mobile (and I do not have a landline).

Fourth, I tried to use the live chat function that I found while searching google. However, upon trying to login using both my PS3 and PS4 account details, both times this function would not connect me.

Lastly, I wanted to be able to speak with someone (anyone) as I had a question regarding the Mass Effect trilogy download, namely if I would be able to import game details for Mass Effect 1 into Mass Effect 2. I previously owned Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 on disc but never played the first game. As I enjoyed parts 2 and 3 so much I would very much like to go back and play the trilogy from the beginning, but I know there had previously been some import issues, hence me wanting to find out some information before I completed my purchase.

0 Kudos
LABELS: Store & Billing
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner