janjajan64

22%
02 Rank
Progress

Change Playstation account language

4 Replies 312 Views Created 10-01-2019
10 Jan 2019
By janjajan64

Firstly, the customer service on the playstation website is abominable. No telephone numbers, chat options or "other" sections to be found ANYWHERE, and the only place I was given a contact for was the bloody Twitter hash tag. Navigating and getting to speak to an actual person is almost impossible. I even had to spend 10 minutes redoing this post trying to figure out why I could not make it - I could not set it to the "My Account Support" board as it requires a secondary label to be added - BUT THERE ARE NONE TO CHOOSE FROM! This whole system needs a huge QA overhaul.

Now to the main issue - I live in Germany but barely speak the language. My account is entirely in German and I dont seem to be able to change it. I cant understand what I am being asked, agreeing to, what any of my account options say etc. meaning I cant understand the features and how to do anything. Can anyone tell me how to change my language back to English?

0 Kudos
LABELS: My Account
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Can anyone tell me how to change my language back to English?

You've had it in English before? That line above implies you did, but just checking.

Did you set up the account using a German address or when you were in England? 

When did you set it up and do you have much invested in it (time, digital titles, subscriptions etc)? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

janjajan64

22%
02 Rank
Progress
janjajan64
Accepted Solution

Yeah I set the account up when I lived in England. Im not sure if it uses my British or German bank account now though, I will look it up. I do know both the cards for those bank accounts are registered to my German address, however, so the billing address on my account has been set to that (since that is my billing address).

So far I havent really had too much of a problem but I have never really used any of the store or online features before and only discovered this issue whilst trying to do so (and I cant understand most of the menus). Also when I tried to get some support I was constantly redirected to the German website and German support information, which isnt useful.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Phteve-the-Rock

79%
06 Rank
Progress
Phteve-the-Rock
janjajan64
Accepted Solution

I don't know if this helps but: 

1. From the PlayStation dashboard, select "Settings" on the top right and press X.

2. Scroll down until you see "Language" and press X.

3. Select “System Language” and press X.

4. The menu will present a list of available languages to choose from.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

That will change system language, but I'm not sure that in itself is a problem.

@janjajan64

To change store language on the PS4:

Go to Settings >

PlayStation Network/Account Management >

Account Information >

Language

Type in your password, select the language and confirm.

A German funding source shouldn't work on a UK account, so the chances are it'd be the British one for it have worked in the past

Are you sure you don't have a German account as well and you're looking at that, or have you recently changed the store country via the new feature in the store itself? If the latter, change it back to the UK store front.

If it's a UK account, it should display in English regardless of where you are unless you change it as above.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel