47%
02 Rank
Progress

DS4 Not Responding PSNow

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 341 Views edited 11-01-2019
11 Jan 2019
By Krot_tork_

I bought a DS4 compatible wired controller today. It has touchpad, gyro, everything. It is picked up by everything on my PC and the controller works fine on all platforms except PSNow. When I plug it into my USB port the PSNow does not identify it. If I plug in my Xbox controller it immediately becomes identified, even plugged in side by side. I've spent 6 hours fooling with this... The controller works flawlessly, but it's just not registering with PSNow.

I've taken all the steps, uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers. Turning my PC on and off. Making sure the controller meets the requirements before I bought it. BIOS compatibility. I'm on the verge of hair pulling with this.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Well, everything points to the "DS4 compatible wired controller" , though you don't say which it is.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/services/playstation-now/compatible-controll...

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/services/playstation-now/playstation-now-on-...

Both articles list compatible controllers thus:

For the best gameplay experience, we recommend using a DS4 or DS3 controller. However, some third party PC compatible controllers that use XInput will work with the PS Now on PC service, but we do not guarantee that they will have full compatibility with the PS Now on PC service. For example, some third party controllers will not support motion control, or other features.

This means that available features and how they work vary according to the controller you are using.

0 Kudos

DS4 Not Responding

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Krot_tork_

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Krot_tork_
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

J&TOP PS4 Wired

0 Kudos

DS4 Not Responding PSNow

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Krot_tork_

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Krot_tork_
Krot_tork_
Accepted Solution

I give up. There should be no reason PSNow won't accept this controller. The fact it accepts Xbox controllers, their direct competition, over some third parties controllers makes no sense to me. Sony's controllers are too expensive to buy just for ten or so games that utilize them on a shady connection. Realize 60$ for the controller is more than half the yearly subscription of PSNow. Just allow all controller support with it... This is ridiculous, I feel swindled.

This community and Sony failed me. In that time I got UCR to accept my Xbox controller and mimic the touchpad click. I can't believe this works better, much better, than a good for nothing controller that was chosen to be unsupported. I don't care about the touchpad games, which are just mostly interactive adventures. If your selling point is a couple crutch games to make people fish out 60$, you're seriously mistaken.

0 Kudos

DS4 Not Responding PSNow

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel