xtwelvex

28%
02 Rank
Progress

Dirt 3 input lag

7 Replies 529 Views Created 22-04-2015
22 Apr 2015
By xtwelvex

Tried out Dirt 3 on Playstation Now as it's one of the games I have on disc so can run a straight comparison on my PS3.

There was some noticeable input lag on the PS Now version that made it barely playable.

Maybe this is down to the game being quite fast and handling is quite twitchy (can't blame Sony for that though :p). Constant analog stick movement in small increments may be getting lost in the cloud.

No one else was using the internet connection at the time and I've not experienced it in any other game on PS Now.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

this-is-phil

44%
02 Rank
Progress
this-is-phil
Accepted Solution

I agree, Dirt 3 feels particularly laggy via PS Now, more so that what I have experienced on Batman and Uncharted. Interestingly, the experience felt almost identical to when I tried the same game via OnLive a few years back. My experience with Batman and Uncharted has been fantastic, perhaps games like Dirt 3 just won't be great over streaming due to the reasons you gave in  your post. Or maybe just the why this game handles input means the experience isn't as great as the others. Have you given Motorstorm a try? Given it's also a race requiring quite a lot of input, it would be interesting to see whether the experience is the same/better than Dirt 3.

0 Kudos

Re: Dirt 3 input lag

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

d1g1t4l1z3

42%
02 Rank
Progress
d1g1t4l1z3
Accepted Solution

My connection is slow so I get input lag, but Dirt 3 is completely unplayable for me unless on the easiest setting. I've completed the game on hard on PS3. There's just no way you're going to get the finesse needed to catch and control the car with any noticeable input lag.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FantasyMeister

94%
03 Rank
Progress
FantasyMeister
Accepted Solution

Dirt 3 lag is very noticeable for me too, whilst all other games tested so far play great, including Motorstorm Apocalypse.  This leads me to wonder if it really is input lag or just that Dirt 3 isn't calibrated to work with a PS4 DualShock, it's hard to test as there are no sensitivity/calibration settings that I could find in Dirt 3 to fiddle with.

Regardless, feedback sent via the usual channel.

0 Kudos

Internet: BT Infinity 2 - 80Mb/20Mb
PS4 Pro - 2TB HDD - Wired into Home Hub 5
LG 49UH620V 4K UHD/HDR TV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marky264

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Marky264
Accepted Solution

Try F1 2013 that for me was so alot more responsive same connection same enviornment tested and Dirt 3 Is gernerally alot more senstive.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FantasyMeister

94%
03 Rank
Progress
FantasyMeister
Accepted Solution

@Marky264 wrote:

Try F1 2013 that for me was so alot more responsive same connection same enviornment tested and Dirt 3 Is gernerally alot more senstive.

I gave F1 2013 a blast earlier this morning, worked like a charm.  So did Dead or Alive 5 which, I guess like the driving or shooting genres, has to be super-responsive or else it becomes unplayable.  I was going to feedback that F1 had rather long auto save times but then a quick Google search later it turns out they were like that in the PS3's retail version anyhow.

So far so good, Dirt 3 seems to be the only bad apple in the PS Now barrel but I've still got 30-40 other titles to get around to.

0 Kudos

Internet: BT Infinity 2 - 80Mb/20Mb
PS4 Pro - 2TB HDD - Wired into Home Hub 5
LG 49UH620V 4K UHD/HDR TV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aric201812

73%
02 Rank
Progress
aric201812
Accepted Solution

I've been playing some Beyond: Two Souls and have found that the QTE events can be a bit hit-and-miss as they can require very precise timing of responses that are impacted by the occassional input lag. That said I have been incredibly impressed by the visual quality of the stream. It is above my expectations and far superior to what I had experienced with OnLive, which always seemed a bit "muddy" and prone to glitches/picture breakup.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cPadSmasher

32%
02 Rank
Progress
cPadSmasher