SymphonyImpaled

26%
02 Rank
Progress

PS NOW Bug Report (PS4) Odd Lag

1 Reply 159 Views Created 3 weeks ago
28 Jan 2019
By SymphonyImpaled

I’m running PsNow on a wired ps4 pro with the best internet speeds publicly available (not saying much tbh but more than plenty for psnow).

Here’s my issues:

1: Input delay. It’s only seriously noticeable in first person games but there’s a good .5 - .75sec delay that’s constant. From what I hear, this shouldn’t be a thing... at all.

2: The Lag. Once every few minutes (sometimes longer) the game sharply drops in FPS for about ten seconds. And I mean like... 1 frame per second. Basically the game freezes with a few stutters. The weird thing is, the controls during these moments don’t lag as such. In fact, controls don’t register at all. Either you end up spinning in power circles cause it still thinks you’re holding left or you stand still as a scarecrow for a good 5-10 seconds, obviously a fatal moment in most games.

The latter issue I’ve never heard about from anyone else, yet I’ve seen it on all 3 ps4 models with various connection speeds/methods so it can’t be THAT unique.

0 Kudos
LABELS: PS NOW
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution

Speeds are not everything even though there is a minimum requirement for PS Now of 5Mbps down and 2Mbps up. Latency is the main cause of lag not speed I suggest you run a few connection tests with a computer to a test site that tests ping/latency, if the ping results are high or fluctuating this will be why the service is lagging. 

0 Kudos

PS NOW Bug Report (PS4) Odd Lag

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel