garder0904

30%
02 Rank
Progress

PS Now Connectivity Feedback

1 Reply 262 Views Created 24-04-2015
24 Apr 2015
By garder0904

I understand the first connection test when using the service but to have another one when selecting the first game didn't make sense.

It was also interesting that the first connection test was fine, the second one when getting my first game said it wouldn't work, yet the third one came up as ok, less than 30 seconds after the failed one.

I understand that connection speeds can vary but would find that connection testing each time too much.

It would make sense to have a primary test when setting up and maybe the option each time you go into PS Now? Not sure what others think.

Does the PS4 have the ability to detect a poor connectio and warn the user?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

KC_KAOS

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
KC_KAOS
Accepted Solution

Hi garder0904,

Please refer to my answer on the below thread:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now-Private-Beta/Connection-test-just-to-browse-P...

Also to note in relevance to your particular scenario, ISPs do not provide a stable connection speed, it varies on your local neighbourhood usage if everyone uses the internet in your area and they are all with same ISP there will be a significant drop in speed for all when this occurs annoying but true for nearly all ISPs.

However your point on having the option to test the connection rather than forced, on launch, is an interesting idea and worth noting.

Please could you submit that through the Feedback form.

Regards

KC_KAOS

0 Kudos

Re: PS Now Connectivity Feedback

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel