IHayders

42%
02 Rank
Progress

Restoring beta access

6 Replies 518 Views Created 02-05-2015
02 May 2015
By IHayders

Hi I was advised to rebuild database after struggling to 'rent' a couple of games on PS Now. I'm now told when I try to open the PS Now app from XMB that 'Cannot use the content. To use the content, purchase it from Playstation Store'.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FantasyMeister

94%
03 Rank
Progress
FantasyMeister
Accepted Solution

Hi Ian,

It's a known fault that has been reported via email, forums and phone, you can keep up with events and any updates in this thread on the main PSN Support forums:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/psplus-subscription-not-recognised/td-p/23228021

It appears to be a problem affecting UK/EU PS Now Private Beta Trial testers (I'm guessing all of us).

Also a few PS+ subscribers from overseas who had the beta on US PS4s seem to be affected because they're currently using said PS4's in Europe, but I'm only basing that on a few posts I've read in the same thread.

The latest update was on Friday 1st May, my guess is we'll hear further updates next week sometime.  Untill then the beta will probably not work, some transactions probably won't be possible on the PSN Store, some or all of your PS+ entitlements might be inaccessable and so on.

Some things surprisingly work, e.g. I can play Battle Islands online which I'd downloaded weeks ago, my Amazon Prime app still allows me to stream movies etc.

My advice would be wait to hear from Sony, nothing we've tried in the meantime (database rebuilds, license restoration, factory resets, deactivating/reactivating main device and so on) seems to have made any difference.

0 Kudos

Re: Restoring beta access

Internet: BT Infinity 2 - 80Mb/20Mb
PS4 Pro - 2TB HDD - Wired into Home Hub 5
LG 49UH620V 4K UHD/HDR TV

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IHayders

42%
02 Rank
Progress
IHayders
Accepted Solution

Thanks FantasyMeister,

Fingers crossed.

Ian

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ollie_uk_2008

88%
02 Rank
Progress
ollie_uk_2008
Accepted Solution
Same. If u can play ur games(ps plus &Purchased). first time it will come up with an error messages when u try a 2nd time it will open
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FantasyMeister

94%
03 Rank
Progress
FantasyMeister
Accepted Solution

Had some email support sent through at 11:32am today (Sunday) suggesting a few possible fixes.  None of the ones I tried worked and the final few that involved backups and initialising my PS4 I declined, sent a note back to support asking them to get a Sony staffer who is on the PS Now Trials to do those steps and report back instead of me as I don't really want to lose everything until an official fix is found.

However, I said if it's absolutely necessary I'd do it and asked support to advise.  I've updated the thread on PSN Support accordingly just so others are kept in touch too.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IHayders

42%
02 Rank
Progress
IHayders
Accepted Solution

Hi,

I went ahead and tried to reinitialise my PS4, even restore from a back up. Same result. Nothing working. It also doesnt restore your purchases.

Ian.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FantasyMeister

94%
03 Rank
Progress
FantasyMeister
Accepted Solution

Wow, cheers for trying that because I know how much time it can take to restore data, at least I can now tell support that it's been tried by another tester when they ask me to try it again.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel