aric201812

73%
02 Rank
Progress

Trophy sync delay

7 Replies 620 Views Created 22-04-2015
22 Apr 2015
By aric201812
I have been finding long lags (+24 hours) between gaining a trophy and it appearing under my profile on PS4 or online. I presume the trophy info is stored in the cloud and then (maybe during beta phase) get updates periodically rather than simultaneously. Anyone else experienced similar delays?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Uncle_Of_Four

67%
02 Rank
Progress
Uncle_Of_Four
Accepted Solution
I've had short delays but normally after stopping the game and syncing with psn manually they appear, nothing like 24 hours more like a few minutes.
0 Kudos

Re: Trophy sync delay

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

methodactor

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
methodactor
Accepted Solution
Are the PS Now trophies separate? For instance, if I were to playthrough Uncharted would they appear in addition to my completed trophy set?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aric201812

73%
02 Rank
Progress
aric201812
Accepted Solution

My understanding is that trophies are unified. They appear as if you played on PS3 under your profile. That said I did not own a PS3 so can't say for sure what would happen if you tried to gain additional trophies on PS Now for a game you had already played on PS3.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JayB_71

84%
02 Rank
Progress
JayB_71
Accepted Solution

Trophies appear immediately for me ... when I manually sync them.  It never occurred to me that they should sync automatically?

All trophies show under your normal PSN account, since this is being used for both PS Now and normal PS3/4 play.  There is no duplication whatsoever, so anything previously earned will be added to anything else you may earn in the mean time.  I own Uncharted and that was the first game I tried under PS Now, so consider it confirmed.

It's just a shame that the saved games aren't shared as well.  Maybe that's coming or players aren't expected to go back to games they have already played.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

adumr82

64%
02 Rank
Progress
adumr82
Accepted Solution
You can get at your saved games from the plus cloud if you access the xmb in game and copy them out.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JayB_71

84%
02 Rank
Progress
JayB_71
Accepted Solution

Well, that's good to know, ref game saves.  Serves me right not looking for myself and only going on what others had said on here.  Oh well.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aric201812

73%
02 Rank
Progress
aric201812
Accepted Solution

Thanks.. didn't know about the XMB manual sync option.. that worked for me to instant sync but seems strange to have to do in-game rather than via the PS Now app. Searching around the internet it seems PS3 auto-sycned once a day so I guess my experience is in line with this. PS4 syncs much more regularly in my experience and the Vita syncs whenever it connects to wifi.

As a side note I find the XMB menu a bit jarring.. I guess the service is running on PS3 emulation software but it all seems quite low res and not in keeping with the PS4 interface. You would think that given the style of the PSNow interface and the way rented games appear as separate items on the PS4 menu screen Sony would have wanted to completely abstract users from the PS3 origins of the games by having an in-game interface that matches the rest of the PS4 ecosystem.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel