View Original Post
12 Jan 2018
By jtr63jtr63

jtr63jtr63

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

How do I make PSPlus available to family members ?

53 Replies 79,942 Views Created 12-01-2018
12 Jan 2018
By jtr63jtr63

I have set myself up as the family administrator on our PS4. My 2 children have accounts that I believe I have linked to the family account.  I have started the 14 day trial and the plus icon shows against my login avatar.  The PSPlus account does not show as being available on the childrens' logins.  How do I extend the PSPlus access to the children's sub-accounts.

TIA

John

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

The  Account that has the Plus Subscription needs to be set as Primary.

Settings > Account Management > Activate as Primary.

This will share online features to other Accounts on the Console.  They can also play games that you have purchased on your Account.   Age Restrictions for online play will come into force when your children play games that are considered too old for them.

Ava

View solution in original post

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

The  Account that has the Plus Subscription needs to be set as Primary.

Settings > Account Management > Activate as Primary.

This will share online features to other Accounts on the Console.  They can also play games that you have purchased on your Account.   Age Restrictions for online play will come into force when your children play games that are considered too old for them.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jtr63jtr63

44%
02 Rank
Progress
jtr63jtr63
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the response, however this has not worked.  Are there any other settings I should check ?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

maddogmarkogee

29%
02 Rank
Progress
maddogmarkogee
jtr63jtr63
Accepted Solution

Hi there  did you ever get this working?  i.e to where you can share the PS Plus features across

family members?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jafprrr

21%
02 Rank
Progress
jafprrr
Accepted Solution

This does work, once you've actually downloaded the games.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
jafprrr
Accepted Solution

It is the solution the account that purchased the PS+ subscription needs to be activated as primary.

The other users on the system will have access to online play and the monthly PS+ games,they will not however have access to online save data cloud storage or get the yellow + sign on their accounts avatar.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GameBandit1000

45%
02 Rank
Progress
GameBandit1000
Accepted Solution

Hi. I did it and it did not work. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LilSweetie785

29%
02 Rank
Progress
LilSweetie785
mont348
Accepted Solution

This is correct. Benefits can only be shared across one console. Whichever system has profiles needing PS+ access has to be activated as primary by the profile with PS+. Other profiles can only access the online gaming and PS+ games on that primary console. Other profiles will not get cloud save storage or a PS+ logo by their profile picture. While you can login to your PS+ account on other consoles, this will not give PS+ benefits to any profiles on a system that is not set to primary. Additionally, once you set a different console as primary, the profiles on the previous console cannot access PS+ benefits on that previous console.

If you own two consoles in your house, the best thing to do is get PS+ on at least one profile on each console. Then set your primary console as the one you will not use. So, person 1 plays on console 1 but sets console 2 as primary. Likewise, person 2 plays on console 2 but sets console 1 as primary. This allows access to PS+ benefits for all profiles on both consoles in your home. Of course, previous rules still apply, cloud save is only accessible by the profile with the PS+ membership.

For safety and legal purposes, never give out your user name and password to anyone. Also, you should not set a console as primary unless you do in fact own it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

solohash

26%
02 Rank
Progress
solohash
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

The solution does not answer the question fully. If you have more than one Playstation its   unfortunate that your family cant share a playstation plus account on multiple devices within your household. The one option you have is set one of them as a primary account. Your other playstations will not have the benefit and  eventually you will have to decide if multiple playstation plus accounts is necessary to make everyone in the house happy. Playstation plus is for each seperate console not each household. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZoltanGaal

24%
02 Rank
Progress
ZoltanGaal
Accepted Solution

I have tried that and it's not working, is there a way to get to Sony Support to get real help?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Messie_47

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Messie_47
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I have done this and it still does not work. I have it set to primary and I am the only one able to use the plus subscription on our console. Idk what the problem is. Any other advice?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Messie_47
Accepted Solution

What you trying to do??

An Activated Account that has the Plus Subscription can share Online Multiplayer of the Plus Subscription to any other Account that is on the same Console as long as they meet the Age Restrictions that are applied to Online Gaming.

I have one Console and on that Console, I have several Accounts.  One of which has a Plus Subscription.   That Account is Activated as Primary on the Console..  All the Accounts can now play Online Multiplayer Games.

I have also Activated each and every Account as Primary (you can have more than one Activated)..  this means that if I purchase Games to any of the Accounts..  Every other Account can play that Game.  All my Accounts are Adult Accounts and are not subject to any restrictions.

The Account that is Activated..  needs to be on the Console.

Try refreshing the Account...  this is done by completely Signing out of the Account..  Sign back in and see if it changes anything.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Messie_47

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Messie_47
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I have only the one console at my house that I just bought and the plus account is in my name. I have it set to primary. When my boyfriend or daughter are using it they have no access to the plus benefits. I will try to log out and see if that helps. I've ask several friends that use ps4 and they don't know what's going on

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Messie_47
Accepted Solution

Just left another reply in your Thread..

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TiredParents

24%
02 Rank
Progress
TiredParents
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Hi

I bought a PlayStation 4 Pro console back in Dec 2017 and set it up in early February 2018. I registered 2 accounts, one for myself and one for my son (as sub account), to control the monthly money he spends and hours he stays logged in.

On 5th Mar 2018, I bought a PlayStation Plus: 1 Year Subscription. It currently says that my subscription expires on: 5/4/2019, I think that is 4th May 2019?

Coming to my question… My son is more active than I am on PlayStation and I would like to buy the next 12m membership under his account. One of the main reasons is, the perks which come with PS+, such as Fortnite Celebration Pack and other bonus content available to PS+ account holders. I don’t use any of these perks, but my son is keen to have them in his account.

So far, I have download all monthly the games which came with PS+ over the last 10-11 months and we still would like to be able to play them in future. Currently I can play these games, and so can my son as we are registered on the same PS console. No issues there.

I wonder if I should make my son’s account the “Primary Account” on the console by logging in and then Settings > Account Management > Activate as Primary

If so, I should perhaps firstly, upgrade his account from a sub account to a “master” one. If I do this, would I and my son (both), be able to play all the games which came with my PS+ account since Feb last year. And also, going forward, will I still be able to play the games he will get during his 12m PS+ membership in future?

So in summary, we have 2 accounts registered on our PS4 Pro console. My account and my son’s. I have not set any account as “primary account” in the past on my PS console. My son’s account is a sub account of mine. I can login to “family management” and control his time, money spend etc.. I am not too much concerned about this function going forward as he’s grown now.

Going forward, when my PS+ subscription ends (May 2019), I would like my son to have PS+, but we still want to be able to play all the games library we have built on our console with no restrictions, particularly the ones I downloaded every month with my PS+ account.

I hope you can help by providing a step by step guide on how I should proceed.

It is all a bit confusing, but I hope you can help.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
TiredParents
Accepted Solution

Hi...

Unfortunately, the FREE Monthly Games are only available to an Active Subscription, if you are purchasing them via your Account, then your Account will need to renew the Subscription in order to keep using them..   They cannot be transferred to any other Account as any purchase is tied to that purchasing Account..   So, if you stop the Subscription and place the Subscription on the other Account, you lose the Games..   But the new Account can start collecting Games going forwards.  That Account would then need to renew to keep them Active..

A Sub Account cannot be upgraded to a Master until that persons age reaches 18...  Once that person reaches that age, you can upgrade the Account via the Sony App or Web Site, it cannot be done via the Console itself.

Primary Accounts have the ability to share Content (Age Restrictions will be applied to Sub Accounts)..  So, if you buy an Adult Game to your Account that is set as Primary, only you can play that Game online..  Your Son that has the Sub Account would not be able to play online, until such a time that the Account is upgraded when reaching 18.

You can set both Accounts as Primary..  This would give the benefits of playing Content/FREE Games purchased via both Accounts.  I have several Accounts on my Console, all of which are Primary.. they share purchased Games to each and every other Account on that Console.

The Plus Subscription has some benefits.

1.. the ability to play multiplayer online (Age Restricted for Sub Accounts)

2.. the FREE Monthly Games

3.. Cloud Storage for your Game Progress Files

4.. Discounts in the PS Store

Only the Plus Subscription Account has all of those listed above, any Account that does not Subscribe will only have No. 1..    But if the Subscribed Account is Primary, then any Account can play the FREE Monthly Games purchased by the Subscribed Account.

If I've missed anything in your Post..   Forgives, it was a long Post..  just ask again.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Loriko_S79

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Loriko_S79
Accepted Solution

sadly, I have done this and it is still not allowing my son's sub-account to access it. In fact, it is insistent that I create a new account (email, password) and the whole point was to avoid setting him up with a private account under my master/primary account. Is this required of all sub-accounts? to create a user account with a separate email and password?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

VooDooDragon08

32%
02 Rank
Progress
VooDooDragon08
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Hi Ava,

thanks for the the comprehensive response. I’m having a similar issue and I’m trying to upgrade my sons sub account to a master account but can’t figure out how to do it?  We’ve activate the ps4 as primary for him and I’ve logged in to the website, but can’t find anything that looks like it allows me to change his account from a sub to a master. 

Do do you have any hints or tips I could try?

TIA 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GT-Anna

92%
02 Rank
Progress
GT-Anna
VooDooDragon08
Accepted Solution

I'm on another Account at present...

In order to upgrade the Sub Account, the holder of the Account first needs to have passed the age of 18.   You cannot upgrade the Account if the person is still below the age of 18.

Upgrade is possible through the Sony Web Site or Sony App.  It cannot be upgraded via the PS4.

Step 1: Go to [Settings], select [Account Management].
Step 2: Select [Account Information], then [Upgrade Your Account].
Step 3: You will be asked to verify you want to upgrade your account. Click [Continue] and follow the onscreen instructions.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

VooDooDragon08

32%
02 Rank
Progress
VooDooDragon08
GT-Anna
Accepted Solution

Thanks, Ava.  We have done that as their ages are over 18, but they still get messages which tell them they need PlayStation + for certain games to be played online. I appear to be able to download free content and then they can play, but can’t seem to get the online component to recognise for their users. Am I just exepecting too much and they need their own ps+ subscriptions?  We’ve logged out and back in as well, still no luck

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GT-Anna

92%
02 Rank
Progress
GT-Anna
VooDooDragon08
Accepted Solution

That's a little strange..

Firstly, I'd Sign Out of the Accounts. (not Log Out).. You need to Sign the Accounts completely out of the PlayStation Network..  When you Sign back in, the Accounts should be refreshed with all changes that you have made.

To get the Accounts to play Online, then you need to Activate the Account that purchased the Plus Subscription as Primary on the Console and the Accounts that want to play Online MUST be on the same Console..   A Primary Account that holds a valid Subscription has the ability to share Online Play (Multi-Player Games)..

Ava

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel