Almduuudler

21%
02 Rank
Progress

Multiple Accounts due to moving

3 Replies 559 Views Created 26-12-2016
26 Dec 2016
By Almduuudler

I have been living in China for 6 years now and bought my PS4 aswell as all my games in Hong Kong. I am using an Hong Kong account. Next year I'm going to move to Germany and already made a german PSN account. My credit cards and PayPal are all german, which enables me to buy items on the german PSN store. I'm wondering now however, whether I can continue playing on my HK account since all my achievements and friends are on that one, or if I have to start all over. Also if I can play the HK games like Battlefield 1 and how it works when buying DLC. Apparently my Fallout DLC won't work on the german account. Which would be the way to proceed? Should I just keep on renewing my PSN Plus on my HK account or get a german PSN Plus subscription. I will only be able to buy HK PSN Plus on the Internet anymore, right? Is there any way to change the region of an account? Should I play games I bought in Germany only on the german account? Thanks for the help in advance.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I was going to mention that a Chinese Edition PS4 cannot be loaded with a different Country Account,  seems like your Console is not one of these.  A Console that was made for the Chinese market can only have a Chinese Account, they do not accept any other Country.

Anyways,  back to you query....

Personally,  if you want to keep the Trophies, Progress of Games Saves, Friends Lists etc  etc  then just play with your original Account.   Fund the Account Wallet with online Vouchers and Network Subscription Cards as you mentioned.

Basically, you are still using it as if you were still in China.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrdosAlpha

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
OrdosAlpha
Accepted Solution

1. For the most part, you can can continue to play your games (no matter the country/region of origin) on your Hong Kong account. Why did I say "for the most part"? Well, certain games have the DLC included in the actual game patches and the DLC is unlocked by a service item purchased from the PS store, so any German games you purchase that handle DLC this way can only access said DLC if played using your German account. Destiny is a prime example of a game that handles DLC in this manner.

2. DLC is region locked. So all your Asian games are only compatible with DLC purchased from an Asian PS Store. So, all DLC for these games must be purchased using your Hong Kong account. All your games purchased in Germany will require all DLC for them to be purchased using your German PSN account. You mention Fallout 4, if you purchased the game and DLC in Hong Kong and your Hong Kong PSN account has designated your console as it's primary system then every account (that includes your German account) on the console will be able to play the game and the DLC without issue. Fallout 4's DLC is a store download and isn't restricted in the way Destiny's DLC is like I mentioned above.

3. If you've "purchased" any of the free PS+ IGC games using your Hong Kong account, then I'm afraid you'll lose access to them the moment the subscription expires on your Hong Kong account. If you want to retain access to these games, then it's best to continue subscribing to PS+ on your Hong Kong account. A PS+ subscription tied to another PSN account will not cover them, no matter if that other account is also a Hong Kong account. You should be able to purchase PS+ sub cards for Hong Kong onlne from any reputable Hong Kong based online retailer.

4. I'm afraid you cannot change the country of residence on a PSN account once set, just like you can't change the date of birth once set.

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

I will add something here that you may not already know....

German Accounts will have lots of restrictions on Games and their Content.

eg.  Games that have been associated with the horrors of history (the man with the Tash), even a mention in a game will have the effect of the German Government banning that game for sale on a German Account.

18+ games can also be a minefield.

and one other thing...

If you ever consider using the SharePlay Feature on that German Account,  it will ONLY work with another German Account,   you cannot SharePlay with any other Country Account,  it's NOT allowed.

The reason behind this is that somebody outside of the Country of Germany could share a banned Game.

This is strictly forbidden, hence you can only play with other German Account Holders.

As long as you Play with your original Account, Fund it as you suggested, buy from that Account's Store, then you will never run into any problems.  As I said earlier,  it will be like you are still living at Home.

You do however, run the risk of Sony banning the Account, cannot lie -  that will always be a Threat.

As we have to be truthful of our Residential Status in order to keep ourselves legit.  Pain in the rear, but that is one way Sony try to keep banned materials out of certain countries.

I cannot say for certain that Sony would ban you for using that original Account, I've not heard many people complain of this happening before.  But it's a risk after all.

So the choice comes down to.

Keeping an old Account running that may or not be banned in the future for breaking ToS.

Using the German Account, and loosing most, if not all the DLC that will no longer work, and on top of that, not be able to play every single game that Sony have on offer, because it's banned for German Account holders.

Personally, I'd keep the Original Account running and ditch the German Account.  

But that's me.  

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel