46%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Error Code 80023102

191 Replies 103,766 Views Created 04-06-2012
04 Jun 2012
By PhoenixFoster

I've noticed quite a few people have been getting this error and I am now one of them, I've googled the code and read loads of different posts and I still keep getting this error.

I've tried leaving it alone for 48 hrs

I've tried deleting and reentering my card details 

I've tried using a different card

I've tried rebooting my router

I've tried adding funds through the Account Management 

I've tried adding fund through SEN

And yet everytime I try to purchase something I get the error code 80023102, I can download free content fine but not purchase anything.

I'm based in the UK, my credit card is registered in the UK and my account was registered in the UK, on Friday 2nd June I purchased the new Batman Arkham City DLC fine, then saturday 3rd June tried to purchase Borderlands and now continually get this error code ....

Has anyone got any suggests or advice as I can't think of anything else  except buying a PSN Card, which doesn't fix the problem

Cheers

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

The error code 80023102 is a code that can occur for a number of reasons but is often linked with issues updating billing info or adding funds.

The troubleshooting is to ensure that the billing address on your card matches the address linked to your SEN account.  You can also make no further attempts for 48 hours as to many attempts locks the system for that amount of time.

If after trying the above and you are still unable to add funds/update billing info then you will need to contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.  They will be able to look at your account and find the reason for the error.

SFZ

View solution in original post

Re: Error Code 80023102

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tangorich

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Tangorich
Accepted Solution

Im also getting this and have done for a week now. Had no answers yet on how to fix it. I feel let down by sony and psn as had no suport or advice on how to fix it.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SolidMoses22

44%
02 Rank
Progress
SolidMoses22
Accepted Solution
I recently bought resident evil 5 gold edition and had no problems then or last week when I renewed my servers on Bf3, but yesterday and today I have this same problem when trying to buy Premium. Come on Sony!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

matonking

50%
02 Rank
Progress
matonking
Accepted Solution

Same here dude.

I was able to put up £5 at a time this morning ( anything above £5 would come up with an error ). But now, just £5 away from the amount I need for premium and I keep getting that stupid error.

Must be a server overload or some bull*****. Funny as sony just had their E3 today

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoenixFoster

46%
02 Rank
Progress
PhoenixFoster
Accepted Solution

I also emailed the Support team at the same time as I posted this message and had to call them today, they exaplined that when I tried to buy the game the first time round the network traffic was very heavy and the payment didn't go through ... hence the error code, becuase I then ttried again and agian in rapid succession a 24hr hold was put on my account, because I then tried again in the 24hr period a 7 day hold has now been put on my account .............. 

Can't say I'm overly impressed with this especially when I was told once the hold has been put on there is nothing they can do to remove it .............. so guessing I'll be waiting till 12th June then I'll try again .....

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tangorich

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Tangorich
Accepted Solution

That is a total ***** take :smileysurprised: Sony better sort this out soon bet my cerdit card will work in a shop to buy a xbox and if this is not sorted thats

what im going to do as been waitin over a week for this code to go and trying every day. if they have put a ban on you for 7 days then god only knows how long my ban is for. Is there anywhere to say that a ban will be put in place if you click on things to buy ? if not do you not think they have a right to tell you?

Sony im lossing all faith in you sort it out and uplift bans thats you have put in place.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tangorich

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Tangorich
Accepted Solution
Will a psn card work to buy stuff if the ban is in place ?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

matonking

50%
02 Rank
Progress
matonking
Accepted Solution

7 day ban? wow.

I just called them up. They said that because so many flags came up ( as it wouldn't let anything abov £5 through .. which was initially a problem with my bank blocking my new card ).. my  ability to make a payment has been blocked for 24hr.

So the code has to do with repeated attempts and subsequent block from purchasing on PSstore.

""Will a psn card work to buy stuff if the ban is in place ?""

Yes. It just goes into your wallet. It's the purchasing via a bank card that gets blocked.

You can buy them from GAME, and they just get emailed to you. :) I'm doing that right now.

Just purchased, added to wallet and currently downloading the DLC. No issues what so ever. :)

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Alexalex200

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Alexalex200
Accepted Solution

did you ever find a way to resolve this problem. I did the same thing unknowingly when i tryed to resolve the problem on my own by updating my account and trying different card. i dont want to wait untill june 12th to buy stuff

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vandalis

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Vandalis
Accepted Solution

Same here. Tryed to get BF3 Premium but it said Card details invalid. Tried adding funds first but was only able to use £5 at a time. Got to £20 then Error code.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DefiniteWit

59%
02 Rank
Progress
DefiniteWit
Accepted Solution

Not working for me either. I got money Sony, start fixing this bologna.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

The error code 80023102 is a code that can occur for a number of reasons but is often linked with issues updating billing info or adding funds.

The troubleshooting is to ensure that the billing address on your card matches the address linked to your SEN account.  You can also make no further attempts for 48 hours as to many attempts locks the system for that amount of time.

If after trying the above and you are still unable to add funds/update billing info then you will need to contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.  They will be able to look at your account and find the reason for the error.

SFZ

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

chilli_peps

41%
02 Rank
Progress
chilli_peps
Accepted Solution

I was able to add funds a couple of weeks ago to buy something but when I go to add funds for Battlefield Premium it won't let me and all my billing information has stayed the same. I keep getting the error code 80023102.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Alexalex200

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Alexalex200
Accepted Solution

I have had this exact same problem. From some research ive done it would seem that if you tryed to buy somthing multipul times within a 48hr period your account becomes locked and you cannot purchase anything for a week using your credit card. sony should cirtainly noteify people that ther account has been locked for 24 and 48 hours because we unknowingly block ourselves.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DefiniteWit

59%
02 Rank
Progress
DefiniteWit
Accepted Solution
I am also stuck in the same scenario, can't add funds or make purchases. I can only download free content/demos etc. CC info has not changed, re-entered it, no change 24 hours. Time to wait 48 I guess.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Treebane

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Treebane
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem, but I dont think my account has been locked.

On tuesday I went to update my card details as my old card had expired. I updated my card info but then I could not add funds as it said my card details where invalid. After a while of messing about an entereing & re-entering my card details I noticed that there is a seperate address option under account managment in the XMB, which does not update automatically when you update your address in the billing information screen. So I changed this address to the one on the billing information screen (no idea why sony need you to do this, a billing address should not need to match your residence address). 

After all this I went to add fund and success, I was able to add £10! problem solved I thought. I was wrong.

I fired up Battlefield 3 with a view to buying the new DLC. (by the way on the DICE website it says you can buy the CQ DLC early on PS3 from the store, this is wrong you still need to buy the full premium pack) I went into the store via the in-game menu and went to buy the premium pack - unable to add funds to your wallet - so I try and buy it directly from the PSN store, and I get error80023102. Now looking at other posts I thought maybe my account is locked as I've tried to download this multiple times but about 5 minutes ago I was able to download one of the shortcut kits for BF:3 for £5 (although that was with money already in my wallet). 

So to summarise I have no idea what is going on! Maybe Sony like to lose money? their accounts from last quarter seem to support this theory! I think I will leave it a few days an see what happens. I must say for a company which puts so much stock in creating a digital 'hub' in every home, to create such basic errors is frankly shocking. 

I hope everyone else has more success than me!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DefiniteWit

59%
02 Rank
Progress
DefiniteWit
Accepted Solution
I didn't try to re-add funds last night and I don't plan on trying tonight - that should be 48+ hours. However I will try Saturday and post back. Right now this post SHOULD NOT be marked solved Zombie. The best answer support can give right now is check for address validation, double check details, delete and re-enter, and to simply wait? If that doesn't work, go buy a card and try to use that?l lol

The PSN has an issue with credit cards with some users obviously, I hope you are looking into actually fixing it Sony. The Network error code 80023102 doesn't seem relative at all to not being able to add funds/make purchases when everything else on the network appears to be working fine including: free demo downloads from the store, online play etc.

I'll report back.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

DefiniteWit wrote:  Right now this post SHOULD NOT be marked solved Zombie.

The post is marked as solved because if the troubleshooting dosent work  then the next step is to contact your local PlayStation Support

There is no further action you can take to resolve the issue from your console or the SEN Website.

SFZ

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DefiniteWit

59%
02 Rank
Progress
DefiniteWit
Accepted Solution

Troubleshooting is great (if it works), but right now the problem still exists. People who had working credit cards are now being given network related errors. There seems to be an issue beyond just that error code though no?

I guess that is my point. The main issue is not solved, only responded to. Thanks for the response though.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

E_Vaa_98

42%
02 Rank
Progress
E_Vaa_98
Accepted Solution