69%
02 Rank
Progress

Preorder Theme Scam

[ Edited ]
11 Replies 3,154 Views edited 15-04-2018
15 Apr 2018
By TrickyRicky-95

So I've just digitally preordered Spyro: Reignited Trilogy on PS4 after reading "Preorder to get Spyro theme". I didn't get the theme. So I do some research online and it turns out only US users can download the theme right now. The UK (among other places) has to wait for the game's launch to download the theme. 

Now this is frustrating for the obvious reason of waiting all that time to download it, but also because there is no small print explaining this. Sony literally bait you into purchasing the game with this lie by telling you when you preorder you get the theme. I've preordered. So where's my theme?

What's most bizarre is how the US CAN download the theme right away...Where is the logic? It doesn't seem to affect Sony in any way by not letting us download it now.

Just want to help raise awareness of this issue as I know I'm not the only one to fall for this false claim. Wish I bought the physical version now which is £5 cheaper.

LABELS: Pre-Orders
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

stenbocken

94%
07 Rank
Progress
stenbocken
Accepted Solution

Its because you can cancel your preorder in EU, you can't in US. It actually makes sense. 

0 Kudos

Preorder Themes

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TrickyRicky-95

69%
02 Rank
Progress
TrickyRicky-95
stenbocken
Accepted Solution

I read that, but it also says if you cancel a digital preorder that comes with additional stuff (In this case the theme), it would prevent you from using it, so it's not like you can keep the additional things, which is fair...But also takes me back to my original question

0 Kudos

Preorder Themes

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ViszionTY

25%
02 Rank
Progress
ViszionTY
stenbocken
Accepted Solution

I’ve been around the internet reasearching why the pre order themes are not downloading for some people, and me as well. What you said kinda makes sense but at the same time not, I went over to my downloads and check over the game I pre ordered but there was no way to cancle it. So I only got the game but not the bonus theme as well. (And yes i’m in the EU currently)

0 Kudos

Preorder Theme Scam

Huh did somebody say something?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zorro_pups_god

20%
02 Rank
Progress
zorro_pups_god
Accepted Solution

this is literally insane. i just got the same problem, pre-ordered the game and got no theme for it. thank you for explaining the reason for that, im still *****, really wanted to have a look at that new spyro before the launch (104 day, omg)

0 Kudos

Preorder Theme Scam

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jatator

89%
02 Rank
Progress
jatator
Accepted Solution

I also pre-ordered it cuz I wanted the theme... WELL, I live in Finland so no theme for me :> ... 

-flips table-

Preorder Theme Scam

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheConductors

21%
02 Rank
Progress
TheConductors
Accepted Solution

Same here! I found your thread now after I though I have a problem somewhere in my account and started googling this. I just preordered Spyro, I'm currently in Qatar and was thrilled by the theme and bang, no theme no avatar. I searched the entire PS4 system for this and re-read their description. It's ***** me off already. Also though I'm not willing to cancel the order, there is no way to cancel it anyways. Let's damn wait for September... 

0 Kudos

Preorder Theme Scam

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
toriel_dreemurr9
Accepted Solution

I hate wen  psn does it ps its 80 days we have to wait but UK 30

0 Kudos

Preorder Theme Scam

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Shiron91

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Shiron91
Accepted Solution

I pre-ordered the Spyro game but I never got my pre-order add-ons either, and I've tried everything to get them, I tried to show them proof but they refuse to give me the add-ons. I'm still trying to get them even now.

PSN said they even have them but they said, "we wont give them".photo_2018-11-13_16-47-21.jpgProof #1Screenshot Proof.pngProof #2

0 Kudos

Preorder Theme Scam

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Shiron91
Accepted Solution

You bought a disc from a third party? It’s up to the retailer to provide you the code. You need to talk to them about it. 

And you should probably  edit the post and remove the picture with a bunch of personal details on it. This is a public forum. Anyone can see your name, email, postal address...

Preorder Theme Scam

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DwayneWade0003

21%
02 Rank
Progress
DwayneWade0003
Accepted Solution

I have a question. So I preordered 2 movies that are suppose to come with themes and avatars. It said it would send the code through email but I think I accidentally deleted the email with the codes. So how can I get the codes back or did I just lose them forever?

0 Kudos

Preorder Theme Scam

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
96%
15 Rank