49%
02 Rank
Progress

Ukrainian PS Network account language policy

1 Reply 150 Views Created 09-02-2019
09 Feb 2019
By CinnamonCoffin

Dear Sony,

As a native Ukrainian, I'm deeply offended by you forcefully locking me into Russian language when creating a new account in Ukraine. Not every Ukrainian speaks Russian and the idea itself is just absurd. Are you locking Canadians into French when they are creating their accounts? I don't think so.

I understand that translating a whole website to another language is a hard process and maybe Ukraine is not the first country on your list of important things. But what I'm asking is at least give me a choice to select English. I'll be fine with that.

Until then, I'm really disappointed and offended by this outrageous regional policy. I hope to see this obvious mistake fixed as soon as possible.

Sincerely yours,

new customer.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

97%
10 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Ukrainian is spoken by the majority..   so why has the Ukraine actually given Russian status as the Regional Language..

Obviously, Sony have taken the Regional Language as their default language for your Ukrainian Account.

It's like my Swiss Account..  we have the options of 3 languages when creating our Accounts..   German, French and Italian..    there is NO Swiss German that is spoken in my Region..  as it's not an Official written language..  so Sony use German.. 

Perhaps something similar is going on for your Account..

Have a read at  Wikipedia about the languages used in the Ukraine..  it's quite interesting..   and that's the route of your problem..   The Ukraine needs to get Ukrainian set as a Regional Language before Sony will do anything.

Ava

0 Kudos

Ukrainian PS Network account language policy

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel