92%
02 Rank
Progress

Cinematic Mode - screen moving

[ Edited ]
31 Replies 8,530 Views edited 16-10-2016
16 Oct 2016
By dansemacabre
So after tinkering with cinematic mode today, and realising that non-VR games can actually be playable with the right setting, I came across a bit of an issue. I was playing Mafia 3 on the medium screen size setting, and I noticed every five minutes or so that the virtual screen had slowly shifted to the left, and the more I played the more I'd have to keep shifting my view to the left to center my view of the screen. Just as well they have the option to reset the screen position, but it keeps on happening, and no one really wants to keep taking themselves out of the game to reset on a regular basis. Anyone else having any issues like this? I'm hoping some updates will fix this, and maybe bring in more options. I, for one, would like to adjust the screen size a touch smaller, and still keep that stationary cinema screen feel as opposed to the small screen setting where the screen follows your head movement. Thoughts? Ideas? Help? :)
LABELS: PlayStation VR
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dansemacabre

92%
02 Rank
Progress
dansemacabre
Accepted Solution

For me, it doesn't affect the VR games themselves, so I can live with this issue for now. If it's a hardware fault then surely we'd all have grounds to exchange them, and if it's software then a patch will sort it. I see no reason to return it now for this fault alone

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kingqueenace95

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Kingqueenace95
Accepted Solution

I'd also been having the issue with the screen drifting to the left in cinematic mode, I tried taking it to the retailer and they simply played a vr game on it out back and said there was nothing wrong with it, when I said "no I told you it's the cinematic version" they said hold options and didn't want to hear more. 

My friends system can play for ages in cinematic and he doesn't have to recentre once. I called Sony and they asked me to trouble shoot dozens of things like distance and lighting around the camera along with changing the hdmi cable from the processor unit to the TV to a newer kne and then trying my headset on my friends console and camera. My headset had the issue and his didn't.

They then suggested I send it in for repair. I've just got a replacement and plugged it in but the same issue of drifting left is still happening so I'm scratching my head right now

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Plasm-on

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Plasm-on
Accepted Solution

The same here got replacement and it has same issue, left drift all times!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fella08

78%
02 Rank
Progress
fella08
Accepted Solution

Same, had replacement today exactly the same, spoke to three different support guys ended up hanging up on one, why would the make of my tv be important, why would the issue be with my PS4 it just supply's the video feed the headset and box deal with the rest, stuck now with no solutions they want me to try another PS4 before they replace it again, not a happy customer 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BravoLima

80%
02 Rank
Progress
BravoLima
fella08
Accepted Solution

Well that just proves that the support people haven't got a clue what the heck is going on. I'm embarrassed for them. This is still happening on mine and to be honest for the price paid is a bit rediculous. SONY FIX THIS! 

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

buckwylder

93%
02 Rank
Progress
buckwylder
Accepted Solution

Didn't read if anybody else said this; but, setting the screen size to 'small' eliminates the problem of the screen drifting to the left. The screen size at 'small' is still very usable, will still have the same 'screen door effect' as always, but the screen remains in a fixed position when set to 'small' ...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

buckwylder

93%
02 Rank
Progress
buckwylder
Accepted Solution

If you must have the screen size larger than 'small' - then you must realize that the screen will simply drift to the left when the screen size is set to 'medium' or 'large' until Sony fixes that. 

In the meantime, you will have to live with continuously pressing and holding the options button on your DS4 to center the screen after it drifts. That's all there is to it - until Sony manages to fix this in an update.

It's a very simple situation and a very 'first world' type of problem.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wraithrmm

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Wraithrmm
Accepted Solution

I'm just adding my voice to hopefully get Sony to address this issue:

Yup, it is drifting to the point I'm looking over my left or right shoulder (whichever it happens to be drifting toward at the time) and have to re-center every 2 mins during Mass Effect 3. Why can it not simply use the camera to track the centre position during cinema mode as it does during VR mode?

This makes the Cinema mode very annoying, to the point of not wanting to even use it at all. 

With regard to using small screen.... I have found that it drifts when I turn my head suddenly quite a bit so if you watch a bunch of stuff on the right of the screen, then it will drift one way and if there's a reason to watch something on the left, it will drift the other way.

So the reason this might no be an issue for the small screen setting is because you turn you head less, meaning there is less opportunity for the headset to drift.

I'll just use my TV and return the device if the only option is to use the small mode, as this is really not the point of the device (just saying, not have a dig and any previous suggestions :-)). Though at the moment the VR mode does not seem to suffer any such issue, which still makes me wonder why Sony does not simply used whatever approach is being used here for the cinema mode also and be done with it? :-/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BravoLima

80%
02 Rank
Progress
BravoLima
Accepted Solution

I still find it disheartening that Sony haven't resolved this issue yet.....

0 Kudos

BF3 Stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lecrapper

23%
02 Rank
Progress
lecrapper
Accepted Solution

I get this all the time now on all my games

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Deman1ac

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Deman1ac
Accepted Solution

Hello from the future, still not fixed...

VR games are fine, cinematic mode drifts constantly to the left. 

Please fix or at least give an option to track headset with camera in cinematic mode.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel