92%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 Pro HDMI issues with PSVR

[ Edited ]
471 Replies 66,527 Views edited 13-11-2016
13 Nov 2016
By dansemacabre
I've seen mention of it on Reddit, but not on here. Is anyone getting a loss of hdmi signal since upgrading to the Pro? I'll get the odd occasions where I get a bit of static and a black screen for a second, interrupting my play session, but then it returns to normal. On a couple of occasions I've had a complete cut out, showing the hdmi with an X sign showing an input error, once fixed by turning off and then turning on the VR and reconnecting the cables in case they'd gotten loose, and the second time having to reboot the Pro when nothing else would work. Could it be because I'm using the hdmi supplied with the Pro (which I assume is 2.0) when I should use a standard instead? (I'm aware of the steps required when playing the Pro on a 4K TV for HDR; I don't have one yet so this is purely for VR) Or is this something that Sony needs to fix?
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

digitaldream666

92%
02 Rank
Progress
digitaldream666
Accepted Solution

I have the same issues with playstation vr and playstation pro but i use playstation vr without a tv i think the problem is the processorunit from playstation vr. I hope we will get a update from Sony for the processorunit. 

Regards,

DigitalDream

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dansemacabre

92%
02 Rank
Progress
dansemacabre
digitaldream666
Accepted Solution

I never had this issue with my old PS4 though, so I don't think the PSU is at fault. I think the pro just needs a software update to fix any stability issues

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wolfboyrea

62%
02 Rank
Progress
wolfboyrea
digitaldream666
Accepted Solution

exactly the same here, i unplug the hdmi from the vr processor unit and into the back of the ps4 pro and everything works again, really hope this is fixed soon, keep inserting and un inserting the hdmi would cause problems in the future.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazbowski

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Gazbowski
Accepted Solution

I have been getting exactly the same issue since upgrading to a Pro.

I would very much like to find out what's causing it.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

digitaldream666

92%
02 Rank
Progress
digitaldream666
Accepted Solution

Hi,

i have fixed the Problem for me changed the sound on PS4-Pro to DTS and under HDMI control set to on. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazbowski

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Gazbowski
digitaldream666
Accepted Solution

Hmm if that has genuinely fixed it then it's definitely some kind of software issue. Although changing the audio setting to DTS has probably reduced the bandwidth being used so could explain why it's fixed it, I see no reason at all why the HDMI control setting would have any bearing on this.

Have you tried just using DTS and leaving HDMI control off?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dansemacabre

92%
02 Rank
Progress
dansemacabre
digitaldream666
Accepted Solution

I'll give it a try, but it's not a constant issue for me, I could get a few hours play without it happening, other times it could happen fairly quickly, so may be a while til I conclude that it's fixed it

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sherman241

48%
02 Rank
Progress
sherman241
dansemacabre
Accepted Solution

Have you had the issue reoccur since you changed these settings?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dansemacabre

92%
02 Rank
Progress
dansemacabre
sherman241
Accepted Solution

I haven't tried it yet I'm afraid, just got a new 4K TV so been tinkering around with that and testing regular games with it  next time I'm back in VR and it happens I'll look into it

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Collected_Chaos

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Collected_Chaos
Accepted Solution

I've been experiencing this too....sorta freaking me out

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ninja-Matic

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Ninja-Matic
Accepted Solution

Boot into safe mode

Last option - HDCP

Switch from Auto to 1.4

Works for a large majority of people.

With an HDCP stripper in the POST-PU chain you will still get the social screen and all audio to it but the HMD will cut out. Without the stripper the social screen will reflect the same as your HMD.

You will get black screens, white flashes, audio cutting in and out and some red lines.

This appears to be an HDCP handshake issue as the PS4 Pro reads the HDCP from your output (post PU chain) to handshake.

If that still doesn't fix it forever, try disabling HDCP then in system settings.

I went from games being unplayable to a black screen for 2 seconds maybe once every few hours.

Still an issue.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sherman241

48%
02 Rank
Progress
sherman241
Accepted Solution

I'm having issues with PS4 pro and VR as well.

After a few minutes the picture and audio starts dropping out on both the the headset and TV.

A user on another forum said Sony advised the set the PS Pro to 1080p when connected to the VR processing unit. Seems like a big design flaw to me if true.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sherman241

48%
02 Rank
Progress
sherman241
sherman241
Accepted Solution

Tried it at 1080p and still the same problem.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

crockadillo

71%
02 Rank
Progress
crockadillo
Accepted Solution

I am having that exact same issue. I have a 4k TV with no hdr. The additional HDMI cable is from last years ps4 so fast enough I assume. When I'm playing with the vr off the signal drops though the game is still playing on a blank screen. Definitely the processor unit to my mind.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

crockadillo

71%
02 Rank
Progress
crockadillo
crockadillo
Accepted Solution

Further tests involving HDMI output conclude that when it happens the video and sound settings are reset.

DTS is now on HDR off and the rest on automatic. Seems to be working now.

I should add that the signal dropped with only the HMD too. So it's not just the TV.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hobsgrg

88%
02 Rank
Progress
hobsgrg
Accepted Solution

I've got exact same problem. It all worked fine with original PS4 and PSVR, when I got the PS4 Pro I keep getting black screen occasionally, this only happens if I have the PSVR connected between the PS4 Pro and the TV, if I connect them directly there is no issues. Clearly something to do with PSVR and the PS4 Pro not getting along but shouldn't be getting this sort of issue when they are designed to work together.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

HELLRAISERRR

22%
02 Rank
Progress
HELLRAISERRR
Accepted Solution

I have also a pspro and had it once...did a restart and it solved the problem so far...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheFlush

74%
02 Rank
Progress
TheFlush
Accepted Solution

Same here,

I have a Samsung 4K TV that supports 2160p - YUV420. When I use this setting I have RGB Range on automatic, HDR off and deep colour output also off.

I had my PS4 Pro connected to the official HDMI cable of my old regular PS4, when I used 4K output it would flicker and go blackscreen every couple of minutes. Then I used the PS4 pro HDMI cable that came in the box and the problem was solved, no more screen flicker and blackscreen. So the HDMI cable did the trick.

Until I hooked up my PSVR, The official PS4Pro HDMI cable goes from the TV into the VR processing unit and the official PSVR HDMI cable goes from the processing unit to the PS4Pro... and guess what, screen flicker and blackscreen while using 4K output. When I select 1080p output, the flickering doesn't occur.

I even tried another high speed HDMI cable instead of the original PSVR one (the one with the 1 label), but it didn't help. This is quite frustrating.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zeddar80

32%
02 Rank
Progress
zeddar80
Accepted Solution

Yep this is happening to me too when upgrading to pro. Called Playstation support yesterday and they are going to send me trouble shooting instructions which they never did. 

Hopefully only a software issue.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sherman241

48%
02 Rank
Progress
sherman241
zeddar80
Accepted Solution

I've logged an online support ticket, as don't have the time to wait on the phone at the moment.

Let us know if you hear anything back as I think it will take a while before I get a response from them.

has anyone else found any workarounds themselves for this issue? Did changing the audio output help in the end?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel