92%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 Pro HDMI issues with PSVR

[ Edited ]
471 Replies 67,326 Views edited 13-11-2016
13 Nov 2016
By dansemacabre
I've seen mention of it on Reddit, but not on here. Is anyone getting a loss of hdmi signal since upgrading to the Pro? I'll get the odd occasions where I get a bit of static and a black screen for a second, interrupting my play session, but then it returns to normal. On a couple of occasions I've had a complete cut out, showing the hdmi with an X sign showing an input error, once fixed by turning off and then turning on the VR and reconnecting the cables in case they'd gotten loose, and the second time having to reboot the Pro when nothing else would work. Could it be because I'm using the hdmi supplied with the Pro (which I assume is 2.0) when I should use a standard instead? (I'm aware of the steps required when playing the Pro on a 4K TV for HDR; I don't have one yet so this is purely for VR) Or is this something that Sony needs to fix?
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zeddar80

32%
02 Rank
Progress
zeddar80
sherman241
Accepted Solution

PlayStation phone support had absolutely no idea what the issue was. He said it might be the VR headset but maybe the pro console. It was a waste of time. I think it will most likely be fixed in a future update once enough people complain.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

crockadillo

71%
02 Rank
Progress
crockadillo
sherman241
Accepted Solution

Hi

Changing the audio to DTS and switching hdr to off along with the rest on automatic seems to do the trick for me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sherman241

48%
02 Rank
Progress
sherman241
crockadillo
Accepted Solution

Thanks! I've already tried turning off HDR and still had the issue, but I'll change audio to DTS to see how I go.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sas--dj

29%
02 Rank
Progress
sas--dj
Accepted Solution

same issue .... any news from sony???

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheFlush

74%
02 Rank
Progress
TheFlush
Accepted Solution

I think there's a problem with the VR processing unit.

• If I connect the HDMI cable of the PS4pro directly to the TV, there's no problem with 4K output, so that cable is functioning correctly.
  • If I use the HDMI cable of the PSVR (labeled 1) to connect the PS4pro directly to the TV, there's no problem with 4K output, so that cable is also functioning correctly.
  • However, if I connect the PS4pro HDMI cable from the TV to the PSVR processing unit and the PSVR HDMI cable from the processing unit to the PS4pro, flickering and ocassional black screen occurs in 4K modus.

Which leads me to believe something goes wrong in the processing unit of the VR itself when you put a 4K signal through it. When I switch to 1080p there's no flickering and blackscreen, only in 4K modus.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sas--dj

29%
02 Rank
Progress
sas--dj
TheFlush
Accepted Solution

just had this link from playstation

https://t.co/TzroD9HdwI

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sas--dj

29%
02 Rank
Progress
sas--dj
Accepted Solution

just had this link from playstation
https://t.co/TzroD9HdwI

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hobsgrg

88%
02 Rank
Progress
hobsgrg
sas--dj
Accepted Solution

That information doesn't help at all, it just says to connect the PS4 Pro directly to the TV unless you are playing VR if you want HDR in which case connect it to the processor unit instead.

Doesn't fix the issue of the screen going blank intermittently if you don't bypass the processor unit. I have a 4K TV that doesn't support HDR so I should be able to leave it connected all the time, but the screen going blank intermittently means I have to mess about with the cables

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sherman241

48%
02 Rank
Progress
sherman241
hobsgrg
Accepted Solution

It all doesn't make sense given the signal drops out to the VR headset too regardless of the connection to the TV.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sas--dj

29%
02 Rank
Progress
sas--dj
hobsgrg
Accepted Solution

i know ... thats what i told them ... clearly the problem is the pass tho the vr processor 

its shocking they are not working together 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MostStrange

27%
02 Rank
Progress
MostStrange
Accepted Solution

I'm having the same issue. I get a few seconds of cut-out (PS4 Pro) via the HDMI while it's connected via the PSVR (even when the PSVR isn't in use). It doesn't happen when the TV is connected to the PS4 via either single cable.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

brainsbush

58%
02 Rank
Progress
brainsbush
Accepted Solution

also same issue. After a couple of minutes suddenly HDMI cross in PSVR screen. PS Pro directly connected with the new HDMI cable (so called 2.0a) to the 4K/HDR TV no issues, but when using the PSVR I get this black screen HDMI error. Also tried to set HDCP to 1.4 on boot screen PS Pro. Did not solve the issue.

What I still can try is to connect the PS Pro 2.0a HDMI cable between the TV and the PSVR in stead of the HDMI cable which comes with the PSVR unit itself. Hopefully this is the cause of the annoying black screen??  Or software and a patch can solve this??

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheFlush

74%
02 Rank
Progress
TheFlush
brainsbush
Accepted Solution

That probably won't work, because I tried that as well. I have tried high quality 2.0a HDMI cables but no effect. There seems to be something wrong in the processing unit of the VR itself.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheFlush

74%
02 Rank
Progress
TheFlush
Accepted Solution

lie.jpg

The red marked part is a lie!
If you connect the PS4pro to the PSVR, which in its turn is connected to your 4K (non HDR) TV, you'll get screen flashes and image/sound dropouts in 2160p-YUV420 mode. What's Sony going to do about this? Didn't they test this thing?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dansemacabre

92%
02 Rank
Progress
dansemacabre
Accepted Solution

Had a quick go on VR last night and left it all connected up, figured I'd just switch it out again when I want to play something in HDR. Bought Watch Dogs 2 tonight (playing it on the TV) and straight off the bat I lost hdmi signal at the start of the intro, and when it returned there was no sound. I conclude that although the Pro and PSVR seem to be designed and advertised as accompaniments to each other, they really aren't. 'Want to play some 4K gaming? Best get that VR as far away as possible. Want to play VR with the power of Pro? Well, you can, maybe...some of the time'. It really is one or the other, and Sony needs to address this and come up with a solution. I know the launch of one, let alone two new bits of hardware may not go as smoothly as planned, but this stinks of sloppy planning and preparation. The inconvenience of switching cables, and the issues mentioned in this thread is bad enough, but the fact that it affects regular games, merely because the PSU is connected on the side, is ridiculous.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheFlush

74%
02 Rank
Progress
TheFlush
dansemacabre
Accepted Solution

Yep, I can't even grasp how on earth this could slip through quality testing. There are so many people who are having this problem so it seems...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dansemacabre

92%
02 Rank
Progress
dansemacabre
TheFlush
Accepted Solution

It's bad enough that one of my lenses is scratched, because it was designed so that you can wear glasses with it, but actually you probably shouldn't. When stock comes back in I'm starting to question whether I should just take a refund rather than exchange, because right now it feels like I have an expensive and highly inconvenient bit of kit that's incompatible with my new setup

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

junkerdc123

43%
02 Rank
Progress
junkerdc123
Accepted Solution

I am having this same problem

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JohnVice86

91%
03 Rank
Progress
JohnVice86
Accepted Solution

Same problem! :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diztruction

42%
02 Rank
Progress
diztruction
Accepted Solution

Same problem. Video dropping for a few seconds and sound. Using ps4 pro.  Tried all solutions no joy.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dansemacabre

92%
02 Rank
Progress
dansemacabre
Accepted Solution

On a possibly related note, has anyone had any issues with the Pro on it's own? (without VR connected) Most of the time when I boot it up I get no image, have to turn off the TV off and on again to get the picture. Also when I play a game in HDR it doesn't always switch correctly, I get flashing and lines glitching about at the sides, and again have to turn off the TV and on again. Sure seems like a connected hdmi issue to me, but maybe it's a seperate issue that lies with my TV? Anyone else?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel