92%
02 Rank
Progress

PS4 Pro HDMI issues with PSVR

[ Edited ]
471 Replies 67,234 Views edited 13-11-2016
13 Nov 2016
By dansemacabre
I've seen mention of it on Reddit, but not on here. Is anyone getting a loss of hdmi signal since upgrading to the Pro? I'll get the odd occasions where I get a bit of static and a black screen for a second, interrupting my play session, but then it returns to normal. On a couple of occasions I've had a complete cut out, showing the hdmi with an X sign showing an input error, once fixed by turning off and then turning on the VR and reconnecting the cables in case they'd gotten loose, and the second time having to reboot the Pro when nothing else would work. Could it be because I'm using the hdmi supplied with the Pro (which I assume is 2.0) when I should use a standard instead? (I'm aware of the steps required when playing the Pro on a 4K TV for HDR; I don't have one yet so this is purely for VR) Or is this something that Sony needs to fix?
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wozza55

80%
02 Rank
Progress
wozza55
Accepted Solution

I have same issue just bought vs 2 psvr and only way to stop it from constantly flickering is to disable hdcp but because of this can no longer watch any video content. Very disappointed because the reason I upgraded is because of hdr pass through and now this is actually worse 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ghostdobes

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Ghostdobes
wozza55
Accepted Solution

I’ve also disabled this and all the other helpful tips and I’m still getting an issue with my tv. My only solution was to switch my tv off completely when playing the VR andvthis stops all the screen flicker. Boring for anyone watching, but much more stable for the user.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BIG_MARCO_55

42%
02 Rank
Progress
BIG_MARCO_55
Accepted Solution

Hey fellas was reading the comments on this forum and was glad to see I wasn’t the only one with flickering issues on my psvr as I just bought a ps 4 pro as well. Someone should make a petition on this problem that we are having in order to get the psvr breaker box recalled. It’s not fair to us consumers to be spending all of our money to a company only to receive a flawed product that is not working in our favor. Fellas if we want this problem to fixed we need to be heard so we can escalate the issue to the higher ups. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mies_1979

49%
02 Rank
Progress
mies_1979
Accepted Solution

Having the same issues for me too. Basically connected PS4 Pro via PSVR control box, when the VR headset in off mode the TV will start flickering. The TV is a 4K Toshiba. But when i turn on the VR headset the flickering stoped. 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wtfwasthatfor

42%
02 Rank
Progress
wtfwasthatfor
Accepted Solution

the ps4 pro runs different gpu then the ps4 when in 4k mode the vr has to be disconnected it's forcing the gpu into the lower graphics mode. You can only run one or the other in 4k mode. They know about the glitch it's all over googke it's a hardware issue 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gurustyli

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Gurustyli
Accepted Solution

Have seen the same issue.... am on 4k tv setup with ps4 pro. Although this happens very occasionally, usually corrects itself. Odd! Glad to see others here with the same setup as me having this issue.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

omerta47

38%
02 Rank
Progress
omerta47
Accepted Solution

I have been suffering from the same issue, i have ps4 pro and VR, my TV screen will keep on going blank for seconds but later on it will start blanking during game play and it will take mins for the screen to come back.

I have been trying to communicate with Sony MEA but these guys are so lame that all their reply is blaming my TV or asking me to explain the issue again and I was like read my previous emails you retard.

I think there is an issue between PS4 pro and PSVR that sony do not want to admit.

I have purchased my VR since year ago and since that time my device is at the maintenance center.

I am very disappointed from SONY that they have such customer support in MEA they are a total waste of time.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JayBrandTheMan

33%
02 Rank
Progress
JayBrandTheMan
Accepted Solution

This has been happening to me as well... I just upgraded to PS PRO yesterday and now when I hook up my VR, one of the monocles is all greyed out and flashes “X USB” and “X HDMI.” I have unplugged and replugged everything in, I have turned off the HDCP setting and turned it back on, I just bought some HDMI 2.0 cables to see if that might fix the problem... if anyone has any insight as to how to fix this please let me know....

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ExcessRacer

23%
02 Rank
Progress
ExcessRacer
Accepted Solution

Come on Sony what the heck just happened, My version one PSVR had been working great until tonight after your new firmware update to the PSVR, now I have the black screen  flickering issue, I'm having to pull the HDMI cable out and put it back in to get a picture again, I had zero problems until I got this update, now its practically unusable its blacking out so much.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Heman123123

37%
02 Rank
Progress