23%
02 Rank
Progress

PSVR FW Update killed TV/VR screen

3 Replies 800 Views Created 18-10-2018
18 Oct 2018
By Mendrox

Hey everyone,

I've had my PSVR since release and care for it like it's a baby, but yesterday (after the FW update to 6.02) after wanting to play a round and starting everything up I just got a black screen inside my headset and on the TV (not even the NO HDMI notice). The lights behind the headsets glow. I didn't change any cables or twisted them ever. What I also noticed was that my TV was also not showing the PS4 screen anymore as soon as I turn the headset on. When I turn it off again I see everything again.

I tried the following:

Used 5 different HDMI cables (all 2.0 at least) in different ways (Monster Cable, AmazonBasics High Speed Cable which I use for the PS4 Pro, the PSVR cable and my Wii U HDMI cable)

Turned everything completely off

Turned the processor unit completely off for 60 seconds

Tried the 10 second reboot thing for the processor unit I've read about

Turned HDPC off and tried it same thing

I even changed the micro usb cable.

I also completely turned everything off and used different power outlets. As long as the PSVR is off I also get a TV picture but as soon as I turn it on it both of them don't show any picture. The PSVR unit does not even show "NO HDMI SIGNAL" anymore at all.

I even looked at cable 5 (which seems to break easily on what I've read? Sony what?) but I always sit in a chair without the cables getting twisted or anything like that.

Since I've this device since release I guess Sony would only like to see my money now which is an insane amount (200€? I can get a new one for that and the new version :(). Does anyone still have any tips? I have that problem since the 6.02 update :( The thing does not even have that much room to go around everywhere so it stays in one place all the time

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

You're not the same person with a different id whop posted in this thread by any chance?

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS-VR-Support/VR-Headset-Black-Screen/m-p/25850632

Just so we know if there's more than one having similar (?) problem

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bobbygvr

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Bobbygvr
Accepted Solution

I’m having the same problem, any fixes yet?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tim_Lord

86%
04 Rank
Progress
Tim_Lord
Accepted Solution

The PSVR has software (firmware?) updates now and then too.  The latest is 4.10.  Have you checked which version yours has installed?

0 Kudos

Regards

Sixpak Chakrabarti

If god had meant us to be vegetarian, why did she make animals out of meat?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel